Warhorse Studios Makes A New Game: What would you want it to be?

Watch this video, it shows an accurate and historical…japanese stuff https://youtu.be/fMfapDlm9UY when I first saw this…I actually believed it was true

I would be interested in historical or rather prehistoric settings, like stone age, bronze age or such. The collapse of the bronze age civilizations is an era that has not been covered enough in games and other media. The setting would be pretty cool for history buffs and other gamers too.

I agree. If they pursue other projects, I think the medieval period would work really well for them --as there are plenty of events and locales they can explore, e.g., the Guelf and Ghibelline civil conflicts of medieval Florence (Dante Alighieri was a cavalryman at the Battle of Campaldino, 1289), etc. --and as you said, without the fantasy elements

1 Like

I would totally love a game like KCD in the viking era. That would be freaking glorious and they could do so much stuff with that setting (for example two different territories like one smaller in scandinavia for the beginning and the main one in Britain, a innovative and dark/adult story from the perspective of the “morally bad” but still liked vikings or even a naval battle/battle on ships or a real landing and raiding of english towns,…).

War of the roses, boys. :smirk:

3 Likes

For a very long time I would like to have a partnership between Warhorse and Taleworlds. I think Mount & Blade provided the inspiration for a new kind of game back then. The strength of WH is to tell stories and go into detail, to create atmosphere. This is exactly where the weaknesses of M & B lie, one relies on the modders. For example, the Brythenwalda Mod. Very good approach, but very rough in detail. You could do better, much better. As far as I have info’s to Bannerlord, one works in this direction, but apparently does not really come to satisfactory results. The build-up part is completely broke and NPC-KI has always been a stepchild of development. Dialogues - Disaster. Speech, yes even a translation into a national language - not available. And and and. And yet, this game has a huge fan base that would certainly be upgradeable, would tell exciting stories.
It was often mentioned the Viking setting. In fact, this era has been very rewarding for Europe. I would go even further back and choose the “dark Middle Ages”. So the time beginning with the disintegration of the Roman Empire, the onset of the migration of peoples and prefer to play into the Viking era. Except excavations and some novels, there is little material from this period, religion was still open, so much artistic and playful freedom. A Henry in this time could be everything or become …
What do you think about it?

please never make a viking era game. gaming needs more high/late medieval games than the done to death viking era.

3 Likes

b-but 'muh helmets with horns. :cry:

I’d like a Stone or Bronze Age survival game :smiley:
or KCD part II

Ultra cliche

Or how about… Killer Ninja Clowns from Nirvana, crash landing on Earth near a haunted mansion, and in the midst of a Nuclear Armageddon taking place… or something very close to that realistic and magnificent historical event from our past. :roll_eyes:

I would like to see the aztecs and the conquestators age.

Ships, portuguese, spains, indians, Gold, discovering south america…

2 Likes

Winged hussars
definitely winged hussars period

Since they basically popularised local history a WWII game set in eastern europe under nazi occupation, but basically very realistic not another fps, like Saboteur but…better

3 Likes

this is the stuff i like. like how they brought konrad keyser to life and many others. sure assassins creed did a similar thing, but they bastardize everything and add in fictitious elements. to me, truth is far more interesting than fiction, and it takes a lot more imagination to write plausible historical characters while still maintaining accuracy with actual historical records and accounts

1 Like

I think KCD part 2 is obvious choice. Tvey have the game mechanics, so this time it will be about adding mechanics and new objects to the game. And upgrading the old stuff.
Not about inventing the game.
So we could get something closer to the original idea. I think this game is gonna be real good. But part two could be close to perfect.

2 Likes

I loved the Saboteur!.. Something like that with a deeper storyline with more choices and consequences would be great.

Or evwn a WWI story, it was a really fun period…

1 Like

can’t think of anything i’d like less, i’d actually prefer a viking game.

1 Like

Vikings are mostly just hackandslash no fun story w them