Warhorse Studios on Tour

This…is… AWESOME!!!

Wow…

German Landsknecht :slight_smile:

Anyone wants to meet Me/Warhose/the new Alpha build at tomorrows www.utubering.cz in Prague ?

I have some free tickets! :slight_smile:

Néééééééééé… já na to zapomněl :frowning:

*Noooooooooo… I’ve forget about it :frowning:

So you want a ticket?

Sadly no, I ment that I forget to cancel my saturdays program so I wont be able to get there at all :- /

I wish I lived near you guys. I would totally come hang out.

Maybe someone can explain when you know in such battles
that you have lost and may not stand up again?
Or how to regulate that in big battles?
Have seen that there are referees but which things are necessary to loose?

EDIT: Will be looking for a set of rules.

Am I late for this?x

No. Want a ticket!? :slight_smile:

yep, of course.

I did not find you in the schedule though.

We are with this Herdyn Guy I guess… Idk :smiley: I will see once I arrive there around 4 :smiley:

Btw. will send you a mail with the ticket! :slight_smile:

great, thanks. We will see each other then.

Herdyn… that rings a bell.

I feel kinda like a stalker, but here is a report on the Utubering thing.

I have arrived around 16:30, maybe little bit earlier and everywhere I looked there were children from 10 to 16 year old. Naturaly, equal amount of parents was present. I must say I have expected something different.

Anyway I have walked around for an hour or so, there were some monkey tracks (or how it is called) where children could compete and win some prizes. There were also a lot of stands of czech famous youtubers, which had unbelievable long wating queues and ont the side of those stands there was a big tent with few computers and consoles where people could play games.

Finally there was a big stage where the main program took place. Among other things: Yutube guys who do pranks (PedroGames), KravMaga show, Cosplay contest etc.
Then came the moment I have been wating for, Prewiev of new alfa build Kingdom Come:Deliverance.

here is a picture of Tobi trying to make things work

There was bit of general talking and of course the phrase “similiar to skyrim” was said so things could move on.
Firstly the E3 trailer was shown.

And then was time for alpha build 0.4. I have partly recorded it, but I will not post it here simply because od bad quality and also warhorse might not like that (As I was reminded by PR guy Jiří).
But remain calm nothing new was shown especialy if you wached some videos from E3.

But damn if it didn’t look georgous on the big screen.

After this I met @TobiTobsen and Jiří Rýdl (the PR guy) behind the stage. (there was also Tobis frined, really cool guy.)
I made picture with them.

I was offered a ride with them so I did not refuse and before I arrived at suitable public transport point I had nice chat with them about game and other things.

So thank you gyus for nice evening and even if organisation of Utubering was lacking you managed well. Though, strangely it seemed that people were not that much interested, which little bit saddens me.

Brambora out.

7 Likes

Hello my dear friends,

there we have the next chance to meet me, and Warhorse + our very good friends from
Pivovar Malesov who are bringing a Tap for the gorgeous Warhorse Beer! :smile:

On Monday the 6th of July Warhorse will attend the 600years anniversary of Master Hus who is the reason why the Civil War in Bohemia started. He was burned down because he criticised the religious order and system.

The City Husinec, in the south of Czech Republic, has a 3 days event dedicated to Jan Hus and celebrates him and his story with a festival!

We will arrive on Monday with a presentation of the game, the newest Build of the Alpha, many information and of course fresh, tasty and cold tapped Warhorse Beer! :smile:

So make sure to come and say hi!

Here are some info:

http://www.husinec.cz/kalendar-akci/husovy-oslavy-2015/

4 Likes

Once again after great event I am posting my experience.

Celebrations of Jan Hus were taking place at his birth place Husinec.

As a Pragueman, the way there was not as comfortable as I would wish, but it could be much worse.
After 3 hours from taking off I was there, standing on alien bus platform and I was starting to realize that I am not in my natural habitat.
A “nerdy” guy from Prague amidst the country people I was starting to feel uncomfortable and took into action. Quickly finding the Center of Master Jan Hus , where Warhorse was supposed to having a place, I went inside.
I bought tickets for tour through Jan Hus house, which I did not use in the end. God knows why.
Tickets were sold in a passage where three men could stand abrest. At the end of the passage there was plaza with big stage and chairs in front of it.
There on the stage performing was some historical band playing many different kinds of music. (oh boy, I heard few terrible pieces). At the back of plaza there was a small door in the wall which lead into a garden, where performers had their tents. Far back on the right side was a shooting range where you could try to shoot a bow.
But on the left side… first thing yo could see was a Warhorse poster. Past the poster you could see a friendly face of FriendlyBrewery guy Filip selling delicious beer. (specificaly: WEIZEN HEFE 11° wheat beer and Malešov IPA 14°).
Beer stand was placed at the mouth of passage sealed at the one end by doors, making a room for Warhorse Studio presentation.

There was a group of people listening to @WH_JiriRydl explaining what is new in update 0.4 and what is yet to come. While @TobiTobsen played the game, showing people everything that can be done in alpha.

When Tobi and Jiří had a break I chatted with them about the game.
Here are some of the things I learned:

-Slow skip time is caused by complex and numerous AI.
-Poles, spears and such wont be implemented because they are difficult to program and in the end you would use them noly seldomly (just in battles)
-There is cool combo: thrust + slash from left side + thrust; this combo will put your enemy on his back. It is also the only combo Tobi knows.

There was probably more,but I cant remember right now.

I also talked to Dan Vávra, who was haning around for few hours before he had to go.
I was asking him if it was prossible for him to attend our get-togheter. Which he was possitive about, but he did not promise anything, so dont get your hopes up. He also proposed interesting idea which I will talk about in the linked topic later.

As the day went a long, people were coming and going to take a peak at the game. There were many interested people, from fencers, gamers to musicians and all were curious about something different.
Finally 5.am came along and t was time to pack the things. Once again I was offerd a ride to Prague which I did not refuse.

I tried to help with packing, but I mostly just awkwardly stood aside with my hands in pockets.

Before we got into a car I recieved a poster and bottle of beer (which is by now cold and waiting for me in the fridge), we returned the hardwere used for presentation and then we were on our way making short stop at restaurant for a dinner.
I must say that I was really sleepy and bit tired so I took more of a passive social stance and even though I tried to talk with Warhorse PR guys I found myself lacking will to talk.
This mood accompanied me for the rest of the ride implified by the fact that I could hear little from the back seat fo a car.

But we safely arrived to Prague, I helped to carry boxes of Warhorse beer into a Warhorse studios fridge (I hope I am allowed to say that). And then, it was time to say goodbye and be on our ways to homes.

It was a great and fun day.
Thanks a lot.

Note: From my visit of Warhorse Studio, it seems that the map in alpha which is now covered by clouds is still bit smaller than the final map will be. But it is hard to say.

9 Likes

I moved 5 posts to an existing topic: Next Strechgoal: Polearms?

1 Like

Greetings young Bards, Thiefs and Knights :smile:

Warhorse is on the road again. Tomorrow and on Saturday (10.07. and 11.07.) we will, together with Fujitsu Simens, attend the:
50th Karlovy Vary Film Festival in the West of Czech Republic (German Boarder)

http://www.kviff.com/en/homepage

In cooperation with Fujitsu, who will present their new Hardware Solutions, we will show the latest Tech Alpha 0.4 on their devices.

It will be a two days show so make sure to visit us either on Friday or on Saturday… or both days! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It would be nice to come and write again some report, but I am starting to feel bit like a stalker now, so I think I will pass this time.

Hope there will be some photos!

Have fun there

1 Like

I am waitingfr you here so chop chop! :slight_smile:

Once again I succumbed into the KCD fanboyism and went to Karlovy Vary International Film Festival, where Warhorse had presentation with posibility to play (and win T-shirt; cap) the game.

This time I took my twin brother @filcikc (or maybe he took me) so the way there was much more pleasant as I had someone to talk to.
After a two hour travel, we came to sunny place with colorful houses with detailed decorationf of lions, kings and much more types of ornaments.
We immediately went to look for the Thermal hotel and Fujitsu place to find the thing we came for.

main enterance reserved for celebrities

When we finally found the place there was no @TobiTobsen or @WH_JiriRydl just two guys one in blue and other in red shirt. (later we learned that these were the fujitsu guys). This took us by surprise so we turned around and went to wander the streets of Karlovy Vary.
I must say that there was nothing much to do, only atraction were movies which we decided not to go to (well my brother decided that :smiley: ) So we looked around, had some refreshment and after atleast hour and half we came back to thermal hotel and we finally found our lovely PR guys.

And as you could know if you follow Warhorse (or Tobi or JiřiRýdl) on twitter, there was a competition to win the T-shirt or cap if you defeated Very advanced enemy in arena.
One of the best fighters was a left-handed girl. She defeated the poor NPC two or three times, damned woman.

here is how Warhorse post looked like

When the clock showed 14:00 me and my brother packed our things (even though it was fun to watch people get stressed as they were not able to defeat the knight) and we went to teahouse which we found on our earlier wonderings.
It was nice to sit there in peace, drink tea and smoke water pipe. But the name of “Good Teahouse” was probably not a good name, more like a “Meh Teahouse”.
On our way back to presentation we mad a stop on waffer store where I bought five packs to bring home and also to give to WH guys.

And then again we stood and watched people get demolished in arena. I later learned that even I cannot defeat that stubborn bastard and I gave up after three tries to give way to others who does not have the game home.

Day went along and similar to last weekend we were offered to ride home with Tobi and Jiří.
Finally it was time to leave but before we did we went to a restaurant in which Viktor The Scripter joined us.

Viktor was not there for this photo

We learnd that Viktor makes homemade beer, soap, beard wax, yogurt, cheese and probably even more things. I must confess that Warhorse guys are a pretty funny lot to be around.
Never the less we were bond to dispose of the food, pay for it and leave. Viktor who was staying in Karlovy Vary overnight left us and we had only one and the last option left, get into the car and ride the long way home.

Similar to our dinner, way home was full of jokes (more or less inappropriate). There is nothing much to say about this so I will finish by typical czech tale ending: “And the travelers got home and if they didn’t die, they are living to this day”

Thank you for reading.

5 Likes