@Warhorse: I'm Putting down the pitchfork

I’ve deleted the wall of negative text of my previous post to say the following:
Six hours into Kingdom Come Deliverance 1.4.3 has been a fantastic experience. The only “issues” I’ve seen are new values of importance for object and texture pop-in. Basically, its been a bug free experience so far without anything worse than a few graphical trade-offs.
To be super fucking clear, I prefer to game on PC. My rig puts my xbox one x to shame, but I prefer the X1X because its easy (and portable) to set up with a projector and game in the middle of the woods with a 30 foot canvas screen in 16:9 fastened between pine trees. I’m telling you, playing at night in the forests of Rattay while in forest of the Mogollon Rim is pretty spectacular.
I’m done with the negativity unless its deserved again, and as of now, WarHorse Studio’s is swinging a Clydesdale Dick
TL:DR - Erased previous game saves, reformatted xbox one x, downloaded KC:D 1.4.3, started new game, cant put it down after six hours!

13 Likes

Nice copy-paste

Eh, starting a new thread is a better opportunity to address his points, than in pushing the other thread further off-topic.

Fair point

I wanted the mod responding to me in another post to see what I was about to post as a new topic. So yup, I copy pasted myself. It was pretty good to begin with and didn’t need much editing :slight_smile:

ALSO, if you love this game go tell your friends today to buy it!

2 Likes

I love the game but have told any of my friends that were going to buy it that they should wait a few months

2 Likes

I wonder if they offered a season pass, would it help them out?
I’m a broke 40 year old disabled veteran. If I’m able to fork out a little more money to help them out; Then people who are fans of the game really don’t have a excuse. As long as Warhorse do thier part.

1 Like

Can you copy and paste your responses to my comments to your wall of text?

1 Like

What a dramatic post. :slight_smile:
All they need is to release proper modding tools. Community will fix everything as it ussually happens.
Everyone will be happy.

1 Like

Did your get this in your official backer kit?

4 Likes

I have been completely honest with people I know who want to play KCD but haven’t done so yet. If your copy works you will have an awesome time with it but if you are unlucky to pick up a flawed, broken copy like I did on ps4 vanilla, you will hate it. I know in time it will be fixed, will get a 2 nd hand copy at half price nxt year, with all 103 patches installed, will be cool then.

2 Likes

I like this post, but I would never recommend my friends to buy this game!
They ran short of kickstarter funds? not our problem, they should have found investors then.
EA/CD RED PROJECT/MOVIES ALL NEED INVESTORS

1 Like

Well hopefully for their next game investment should not be an issue. I’m sure this game has has moderate to good success in sales (considering it was a Kickstarter). Sure it sucked when it came out especially on consoles (I play on a ps4 pro and its on ps4 version 1.5 and game version 1.3). I have completed the game and have not run into any serious issues. Believe me when it came out I was very very vocal about the sloppy seconds version consoles got, but patch by patch I have seen improvements, and that has rekindled my faith in WH.

Ik not many people like the use of the excuse that this is their first game and they a small company, but bearing that in mind I think they have done pretty well. The game is actually very good and delivers on the staple of a good RPG, with some added mechanics I enjoy. I have one bug that annoys me so atm, and that is I can’t access my main stash at some of the inns where I have paid full for a perminant bed. The plus side is it always has somebodies clothes in it, so I just sell them off, but I’m tired of having to travel to rattay to jiggle in my stash box, whereas before I could do it from any other box in a inn.

That aside after the new patch I will be starting a new playthrough, as I found my initial one being a learning curve. I also find myself wondering about DLC expansion to continue the story, that in itself tells me I enjoyed the game and I’m actually wanting more.

Sure I recommended to friends to give it a miss till it was patched better but the current version on ps4 pro is actually quite stable. Sure there is an extra bit of load time when entering a new area after fast travel, but hey, we all know this game is not perfect. We all forget that great gaming devs started of small. CDPR first Witcher game had its fair share of issues at launch, so did their second…and so did their third. But they got better and eventually provided us with a landmark breaking RPG in TW3 and its DLC’s. I played TW3 to shreds I did everything possible in the game and got all my trophies for it. I find myself doing the same with KCD, which for me (who is a very fussy gamer) tells me personally that I’m truely enjoying this game.

Personal opinions will differ from person to person, so I don’t try and judge anyone seemingly having issues with this game. I had similar experiences here in the early days of launch when I was vocal about the console version, only to be “told off” by the PC master race. I stood my ground and I’m still here, and my posts have changed from moaning about the game, to sharing notes and strategies with other like minded players.

There are no excuses though the game is what it is, like it or lump it. But I do see a dedicated dev team trying to make things better, except for some of the confusing and conflicting Twitter posts :grin:

2 Likes

Does not make sense for console players.

PS4 user as you are, but I’m not in the same position. Stuck at Erik missing bug. The confusing and conflicting posts are mocking in a way as the repeatedly delayed patch is supposed to squash the Erik bug. I’m invested in the resolution of this bug as are Jan, Marek and others who took my feedback and save files to aid in troubleshooting. So, yes the devs and QA are truly a dedicated lot.

I am concerned about what’s next. There aren’t a huge number of MQ hours left. Dog companion and female character are nice but not compelling in and of themselves to invest another 400h. Repeating the playthrough may be nice but I’m seldom enamored with repeating predestined events. Doesn’t matter FO4, Skyrim, W3, Dragon Age, etc.

The beauty of KCD is you navigate a complex, nuanced and unpredictable landscape. I think this aspect of KCD is much, much better than some of the games I mentioned. And, yes, Henry can vary much in his play style (deviant, murderous thief to virginal, loyal soldier), but there’s a fundamental weakness: Henry’s faction is predestined.

That predestination is appropriate to the KCD narrative, but it confines gameplay. I can’t switch a playthrough and side with the Brothers of Steel one time, the Institute another, the Railroad another, the Minutemen another, etc as I can in Fallout 4.

There’s so much about KCD that’s compelling but to get the most out of what is otherwise circumscribed one needs a sandbox. A sandbox like environment (village and portion of landscape to play with game mechanics) was mentioned to backers. Mod support was also mentioned even if only planned/mentioned in regards to PC.

I hope WH follows thru. My investment so far is ~400h, ~2000 kills, and ~800000 groschen. Hope to invest more in different ways in the days, months, years ahead

1 Like

True, I forgot about that… :blush:

PS4 here, and I agree with you.
However, I am considering getting a gaming PC, just for this game, I love it that much. I’ll probably wait 6 months or so, hopefully all patches will be done!

this assumes modding tools come. haven’t seen a status update on this. @DrFusselpulli , is there an update that can be shared on mod support generally and on mod tools specifically? (Blick Mang for example has ceased 7 Kingdom modding efforts pending mod tool availability). has WH reached out to Crytek ? if not, is there a timeframe for dionig so?

agreed. WH has said no plans to support console mods. unfortunate given that the game assets were created specifically with consoles in mind. WH is small and doesn’t have deep pockets. understand that but still wish WH would at least explore potential with MS and Sony. no shame in getting rejected

Pete Hines and Bethesda for all their faults at least they tried. i don’t say this to be snarky. just acknowledging that at one point it looked grim for PS4 especially, and during that time, Pete said (tweeted) we’re trying… we’ve done all that we could. If they had failed, I would’ve been 100% fine with that (but not Todd’s E3 FO4 promise though)

The game runs well for 98% of players… probably your computer is causing the bugs…