Weapon Damage Stats

I recently found a weapon i liked in the game ( bare in mind i already completed main story) and i think it looks cool but it doesn’t do that much damage, i am looking to make the damage similar to the
Herod’s sword (90 stab 90 slash 5 blunt),
and i don’t know how. So if anybody can teach me how to change the weapon stats that’d be pretty neat.
this probably has nothing to do with modding but i didn’t know what category to put it under.

Hiya! I can help, but you’ll need something like Winrar or 7Zip, as they allow you to open the files necessary to change the stats.

i have 7zip installed, what do i do next?

Next you’ll want to go to Kingdom Come Deliverance’s data file location, which if you have steam tends to be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\KingdomComeDeliverance\Data.

Once you are in the Data file for KC:D, you need to look for a file called tables.pak, and open it with 7Zip.
Inside tables.pak you’ll find a bunch of messy looking values, but there’s a folder called “item,” so open that.

After that you’ll need to scroll through the list of values to find “melee_weapon.xml” and clicky clicky. This is the location where one can modify damage for a weapon. After that, you’ll need to find the ID of the weapon you’re modifying, and change its damage to whatever you’d like!

okay i found the weapon that i want to modify, how exactly do i modify it?

@FlameBrandt ?

Sorry, was driving home. You just change the values for stab, slash, blunt, etc. I don’t remember the exact value names within that file, but you’re essentially just changing the numbers!
And make sure you delete the meelee_weapon.tbl file, it overrides the .xml and serves no real purpose as far as I’m aware, most people delete it.

well the thing is one of the values is slash_att_mod=“1” and there is also stab_att_mod=“1” and smash_att_mod=“0.05” do i just change those values? ( im sorry if my constant questions are annoying but i haven’t done this kinda thing before).

Yep, those are the values! They’re phrased weirdly, but those are the ones you change. I believe if you set slash_att_mod to 2 it doubles the slash damage, but I’m cant verify at this very second-- but just make certain you have no mods that use or override melee_weapon.xml and switch up the values until you get the desired effect!

oh okay, so is there no way to change the exact damage a weapon does?

That part seems to be tricky, there was a forum post that claimed the row value seemed to be the key to calculating exact damage: Melee_weapons xml questions
But it appears the layout of the values have changed slightly within melee_weapon.xml and row is phrased rather confusingly (to me at least). So you could try figuring out the row value, or you could mess with the multipliers we talked about earlier to get your desired weapon damage. Either way, if you have any more questions, I’m here for it!

Heey. I found your post and i have tryed a bit my self. But somehow i can’t make it happen. I can change the value and such but nothing happens ingame. I followed your steps, not sure what to do.