Weird black screen problem

I would say your Vram Section on you GPU is getting to hot……

You can try to set the FAN Speed to 100% and see if there is any changes….

so i set the fan speed to 80% (due to noice)
No luck…

attached is the HV info:
test2.CSV.txt (139.8 KB)

Well Vram is About 50. So it’s Ok…now i’m out of ideas….sorry

Thank you anyway… :+1::+1::+1:

It would be nice if you find any Progress to come back here and report.

Will do…

anyone else got any ideas?

you have a PM

I had the exact same problem, but it went away yesterday when I updated my NVIDIA drivers. My old driver date was 27.10.2017. I had also the flashing black boxes, but they were related to too high memory overclock. I reduced the memory overclock in MSI Afterburner from +600 to +500 MHz and the black boxes went away. I haven’t had any problems in any other game with +600. I have a GTX 1060 video card btw.

2 Likes

Thanx for the tips, but it didn’t work…

@Urquhart: the flash didn’t solve it either, i have contacted White Horse support and GOG Support for a refund if nothing helps…

So i fixed my issue but not the problem, i downloaded a mod, “no more rain” (https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/93) and it basically do what the mod is named, it removes all sound and visuals from rain, and now i don’t get the black screen anymore, but the underlying problem is still there.

Sorry to hear. But I’m also out of ideas. If you have a friend with an other GTX gpu Card you can try his Card in your rack to know if it’s you gpu or not.

Hey Urquhart!

Well that is the problem, i am 38 years old and i don’t have any gaming friends that has that “powerful” GPU…
Let’s see what the support centers says (gog and warhorse), i have sent them links to the two video clips that i made so let’s see…

Thanks for all the good advice here, I have the same problem (MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Armor OC, Driver Version 417.35). Since the problem always occured with rain, I also tried the NoRain Mod. That made the error occur far less often, but it was still there (it seems to be at random, I was not able to trigger it on purpose). Playing around with memory clock speed, I could recreate the flashing black boxes mpent mentioned. For now, the issue in KDC seems to have gone after reducing the memory clock speed by -250 Mhz.

So again, thanks for the advice and for conacting the support center on this!

BTW: Reducing memory clock speed also resolved issues in another game (Elite Dangerous), so if are experiencing problems with the same GPU and if you are reading this, you should give it a try and reduce the memory clock speed.

3 Likes

I used to have the mentioned problem also quite often though on the entire screen almost exclusively when there was a rain. It used to disappear sometimes when I was looking around my legs where the stain was not. Otherwise if there was a longer passage if i remember correctly what helped me was using a lower resolution the most probably (I tried even lower graphics and windowed mode but lower resolution seemed to help if such a long rain passage like dead parents town comes)

Thanks, Petrosilius

your idea with afterburner with “seems to have gone after reducing the memory clock speed by -250 Mhz” seems to completely solve the problem with that also for me
Thanks, Petrosilius

your idea with afterburner with “seems to have gone after reducing the memory clock speed by -250 Mhz” seems to completely solve the problem with that also for me

Greetings to all in this my first post. I do not know if the problem will have been solved. The same thing happened to me and it drove me crazy until I found the solution.

Check if you have G-Sync or FreeSync activated. I mention my case, I have an AOC monitor compatible with G-sync and Nvidia graphics card. I had the famous Gsync option activated with Nvidia in Nvidia control panel and I did not give it more importance. The other day I thought it could be this and I deactivated it. Well, I’ve never had this problem again, so it’s something that somehow has to do with vertical synchronization.

Try to review your options and try to disable it or activate the V sync option of the game. Try several options and I guarantee that it works.

I hope I have helped, a greeting

1 Like

Your display is not working properly.

My screen works correctly and I also had that problem. The solution was to disable compatibility with G-sync