What are your top 10 favorite medieval/fantasy video games?

Just started playing KCD and I just found this forum. Looks like a neat resource for figuring out KCD with minimal (as can be) headaches. Anyhow, what are your top 10 favorite medieval/fantasy videogames and what console was/is it on?

For me , at least from the ones I remember(list might change as I remember some of te older ones) it would look like this:

1. Kingdomcome: Deliverance - PS4 (just started playing)

2. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare - only game that comes close to KCD for me.

1. Lord of The Rings: War in the North -ps3 (I am not a very big LOTR fan either , just liked this game alot)

The rest in no specific order:

-TES:Oblivion - PS3 ( I use to prefer Skrim and MW more but Oblivion overall, after hundreds if not thousands of hours seems like the best of the series, to me)

• For Honor - PS4

• Witcher 1&2

• Dark Stone - PSone

• Dragon Age: Origis -ps3 (have not played inquisition really)

• Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits - PS2 (cool story and trippy final battle/ending)

-War of Roses -PC (only got to play it a few hours , a friend owns it. Seemed pretty good though)

Honorable mention:

Gothic 2- Great game just not one of my favorites

I did not get a chance to play “Mount & Blade” or “LOTR: Shadow of Mordor” but they looked good.

I did not care for the Dark Souls games. I beat Demon Souls and the first Dark Souls game but gave up halfway through the second one, just not my thing and it has nothing to do with the difficulty.

1. Warcraft - fantasy RTS
  2. Mount & Blade - medieval action RPG
  3. Gothic/Risen - medieval fantasy action RPG
  4. Knights & Merchants - medieval RTS
  5. Kingdom Come: Deliverance - medieval RPG
  6. The Witcher - medieval fantasy action RPG
  7. Might & Magic - medieval fantasy RPG
  8. Heroes of Might & Magic - fantasy turn based strategy
  9. Dungeon Siege - pseudo medieval fantasy action RPG
  10. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare - medieval hack and slash

These are also games/series I spent most time playing.

1 Like
  1. DA series: DA: Origins, DA 2, DA: Inquisition (fantasy RPGs)
  2. Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2 (isometric fantasy RPGs)
  3. Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2 (isometric fantasy RPGs)
  4. The Banner Saga Trilogy (kinda Nordic mythology based RPGs)

Gothic 1
Gothic 2
Risen 1
Gothic 3
Risen 3
Elex
Risen 2
Arcania
The Witcher 2
Kingdom Come: Deliverance

I like when people put Witcher 1 & 2 over 3. For me they are a lot better.
I already bought many of the best isometric RPGs, but actually haven’t played them, so they are not in my list, but I assume that wouldn’t change anything, because Piranha Bytes RPGs are always the best.

.1) Gothic 1/2
.2) Witcher 3
.3) Dark Souls 1
.4) Zelda: Twilight Princess
.5) Witcher 2
.6) Zelda: Majora’s Mask
.7) Dark Souls 3
.8) Kingdom Come: Deliverance
.9) Zelda: Ocarina of Time
.10) Risen 1

Maybe not 100% perfect, but yeah, well enough…

I don’t have ten favorite…

Kingdom Come Deliverance would be my one favorite with Witcher 3 in second place. Followed by…
Mutant Tear Zero
Divinity Original Sin 2
Elex
Dragon Age Inquisition
Dragon Age Origins

Arcania above Witcher and KCD? LOL :rofl: it’s just cheap, dumb parody of Gothic. Your fanboying is hilarious.

No, I’m not going to bash a game just because everyone do. Arcania is a very beautiful game and a lot better than Witcher. That’s not hilarious, but to set Witcher 3 on the top of the list is hilarious.

Why? It’s a beautiful story-driven game with awesome characters and one of the best sidequests you have seen.

Joke of the year.

Beautiful story driven? Story in cutscenes and cinematics? And a story with fantasy monsters, a wild hunt?:joy: Awesome characters? They are boring characters! Awesome characters are Lefty, Cor Kalom or Gorn in Gothic! One of the best side quest you can have?:joy: One of the most boring side quests you can have! Following the trail system, following the trail system, following the trail system, play gwent, win the horse race on every corner …:joy: Never got bored in a game so long like in Witcher 3. That this game is hyped since 2015 are the jokes of the years.

I agree with this. The Witcher 2 was the last good Witcher, imo.

1 Like

Well, Withcer 2 wasn’t so far away from 3rd part gamplaywise. It wasn’t an open world game, yes, but it had the same vibe. Better story imo, but worse… much worse combat mechanic and animations. My favorite would still be the first Witcher.

The first Witcher had the worst combat mechanics from them all. And Witcher 2 had no trail searching system which makes it a lot better than Witcher 3.

1st Witcher’s combat was more skill progression dependent than weapon/fingerspeed quality, wich is proper for an rpg, not a slasher like the following games.

Not sure what you’re reffering to with this one.

1 Like

Thank you! It is one of the best RPG’s!

In every quest you press a key to start Geralt’s witcher senses and then the game shows you the way you have to walk to get to the next goal. Red or yellow trails will be displayed on the ground. This is not only an immersion killer, this is repititive and boring.

I like Arcania much more:

Oh, the cat vision. Yeah, don’t like the overuse of that feature in game, but you have to agree, that protagonist is superpowered mutant, and they had to imply his powers in the game. But, yes, resulting mechanic made gameplay too easy and linear and - with time - boring.

1 Like

Exactly, but I disagree with the use of the cat vision. Geralt was the same mutant in Witcher 1 & 2 and these games don’t have the cat vision in every quest.

I believe Batman The Arkham Knight detective mode has something to do with this)