What armor are you interested in?

Maybe from that fancy french name for leather armor i dont know what its called i think it starts with a c

Cuirr Boilli (or something like that)

Yeah there is some text evidence for it but I do not believe 1403 Bohemia is the time and place where it is mentioned.

Yeah thats the armor i was thinking of. I also think its due to video games because you usually get leather armor early in most mmos and rpgs.

Early? My rogue was walking around in leather at level 80.

Yeah i guess it would be mainly rpgs then that give you leather armor early on.

Nothing stealthy about chain mail and plate. Iā€™ll go full plate .

i like leather amor because with Cuirr Boilli its pretty resilient to damage and plus i think it would look good. Nice shiny plate contrasted by the dark leather.

Well that is part of the problem. We donā€™t know how it looked at all aside from one or two effigies from the twelfth and thirteenth so a century or two before this game takes place.

I donā€™t believe we will see it in game.

EDIT: Maybe Iā€™ve found something to indicate it was used in 1389 but it doesnā€™t seem to be exclusively leather.

http://dawnofchivalry.wikispaces.com/Cuirie

1 Like

What about just chain mail?

that visor is beautiful

1 Like

damn i wanted a nice sleek looking set of gear too.
i was hoping for something like this

worn over something like this

but in black and possibly a bit longer like this one

but with sleeves
edit: but it has to be black

1 Like

The armor looks like something from Napoleons age.

You could wear a padded gambeson under a leather Jerkin though.

perhaps there were these? I love

Are you guys just getting at me?

4 Likes

Gimme >Templar armor!< Ive always had a little fetish for the templars. Maybe something more heavy than that :stuck_out_tongue: Not sure if it fits the history and all that stuff which I know nothing about.

Guys are you all just joking around and not letting me in on it or did you miss reading the part about this game being historically accurate (to a large degree at least) in Bohemia in 1403.

The Templars got banned/excommunicated/executed in 1312 and plate armor was already in use for 40 years or so when this game takes place.

4 Likes

Nevertheless armour perhaps quite similar to the templar one (mail + tabard) was still used by cheaper equipped professional soldiers I always thought. Am I wrong?

By 1403 the great helm would be a museum piece, perhaps used during jousts but not during battle. I could only find it depicted in a few Italian pictures.

This site is amazing for finding period accurate armor. Sadly average infantry people arenā€™t portrayed that often.

http://manuscriptminiatures.com/search/?year=1390&year_end=1405&tags=&manuscript=

Mail armor was still in use especially by infantry but not the full length hauberks and mail chausses. Again there might be exceptions in some places where people didnā€™t keep up with advances.

1 Like

Yes, the great helm is definitely outdated.

Thanks for information about the mail hauberk changes etc. :wink: The web page containing manuscript miniatures is glorious. Love at first sight.

its just a example of what i would like which is a breast plate with a back plate all over a nice leather jacket.