What armor are you interested in?

was just to give a bit of inspiration

anyway this is an armor of 14th

2 Likes

Polish Hussar Armour

1 Like

Late to the leather armour party, but just wanted to chime in. As far as I am aware there is no/little archaeological evidence for leather armour during roman-medieval period in Europe. Despite all the sites in northern Europe with amazing preservation due to anaerobic conditions. All the evidence is historic (from texts or images).

From the Roman period at least, weā€™ve found entire clothing items, bits of decorative horse equipment, saddles, large tent fragments, nearly complete Roman shield coverings, mail, segmented armour, nearly complete weapons, tons of wood, thousands of discarded shoes, even wooden writing tablets - but nothing that looks like it could have come from leather armour with any certainty. (Although I am aware of an entire leather shield dating from the Bronze Age found in Ireland). There is some debate still about the use of leather for armour in the Roman period, but evidence is scant.

Iā€™m not a medievalist, but in discussions of Roman leather armour, if leather armour had been that big in the medieval period Iā€™m sure someone would have drawn comparisons to it - and since @Dushin seems pretty certain it wasnā€™t terribly popular, and heā€™s pretty knowledgeable, Iā€™d go with whatever he thinks is best.

2 Likes

Oddly enough, if done right, it is possible to sneak in plate armor. However this takes A LOT of practice and the armor has to fit you perfectly.

SALLET!!! :heart_eyes:

A mail armor with some plates like gloves, boots and shoulders. Protection and mobility in one.

very similar to the British house hold Calvary

id gladly murder in this though

Thatā€™s a wee bit fancy for battle.

i like to be smart as a butcher

Man those are some beautiful piecesā€¦ amazing workmanship, absolutely stunning :kissing_heart:

Unfortunately I doubt we will be seeing any of the above in the canonical version of KCD, as the majority of those pieces youā€™ve shown appear to date from around the late medieval to renaissance periodā€¦ the Italians were a stylish bunch even back then lol

Amazing thoughā€¦ and Iā€™m sure that our budding modder community will help bring these armours to life in game *hint hint :smiley:

1 Like

to the leather armor:
Vambrace 14 century
Gloves 14 centuy

Some effigies of the time of KC:D can be seen here: (Note: The areas included in the search are germany, czech republic and poland, dates vary from 1395 until 1415)
Effigies

None of the armor above, except the houndskull-bascinets and the ones posted by Dushin were in use at 1403.

1. Please allow the player to be able to reach the ā€œbestā€ armor in the game at about 2/3 of the story progression. Many games only hand out the ā€œbestā€ gear at the end of the game (The last of us, farcry, the witcher as example). It is better to get some real playtime with the gear instead of getting it right at the very end
  2. Armor could/should be consumables. The better or more persevere material used (for straps or plates etc) should last longer, but overall it would feel great if parts of your armor gets worn out the more blows to it you receive (this will also encourage parrying and taking care of your gear, as oppose to craft it just once and then have it forever like a permanent ā€œabilityā€ or ā€œperkā€)
  3. I would love to see armor pieces dislodge or get dropped mid-combat. Like losing the helmet if a strong blunt club hits you, or if you used cheap leather to craft leg plates they can fall off during a fight.

Thank You

Light smooth looking armor, I like to go Archer/Sneaky Beaky like

One thing I hope for is that you canā€™t run around in full plate everywhere you go, so there would be circumstances where you may be wearing light armor (IE a brigandine) rather than your full battlefield kit.

That would be cool that if you get hit hard to head your helmet if with visor that visor would get stuck and you would need to remove entire helmet and fix it in smithy.

hit hard to head your helmet

You mean like William Marshal and how the helmet was bent to his head from a mace blow, so he went to a smithy and had it hammered off his head? Mind you it was a fictitious story, but nonetheless relevant to your comment.

Yes agreed, I also think heavy armor should make you walk and run slower, that would infact encourage you to not wear it all the time.
Slower combat movement and slower walk with heavy armor to balance it out versus leather armor or other light armor? It doesnā€™t have to be Black Knight in Holy grail silly slow moves but I would like to feel the weight of heavy armor, and at the same time Iā€™d like enemies with heavy armor to move slower than me if I fight them in noob-gear, apply more dodge tactics etc
(Sorry if this is all discussed already, Iā€™m new here)

I want REALISTIC reasons not to wear it, not random, arbitrary, generic RPG nerfs. Heavy armor does NOT reduce your top walking and running speed, or even slow down your movements.

But as with anything new, it would take some time to adjust and get used toā€¦ thereā€™s no way you could expect someone to put full plate armour on for the very first time and it have zero impact on their movement capabilities. Regardless of how good they may be without armourā€¦

How quickly a person adjusts and becomes accustom to the feeling of the armour, is all down to the individual. But the biggest impact for me would be the stamina component (a first time helmet wearer would tire far more easily than normal due to the reduced breath-ability)

And thereā€™s other implications as well; reduced peripheral vision for example. But I think the premise of NO impact on initial movement capability or stamina is an unrealistic one. These things would simply take time to improve (how much time is just semantics)

So maybe there should be a heavy armor skill in the game?