What should be fixed with the new patch?

It’s my fault that you posted your misunderstanding?

Your first fault is trying to brag with well-known facts that aren’t worth mentioning.
Your second fault is not seeing your first fault.

1 Like

Oh man, this is crazy. People who say they don’t see a difference between Full HD and 4K are those who haven’t even a 4K monitor and possibly never played a game in 4K. Or those who are just blind.

1 Like

I know enough about psychology and perception to know that it is very, VERY complicated, and also enough about the technology to know that it too is pretty complicated.

So I’m definitely serious. Not serious in that I’m alleging/claiming/maintaining/asserting that it “IS” a gimmick. But serious in that I’m asking “Isn’t that a gimmick?”

You know what it would take to demonstrate to me that it is “NOT” a gimmick? At least three separate, independent experimental psychology laboratories who had used the same (or at least very similar methodology) to address the hypothesis. What would the hypothesis be? I suspect something like, “An average viewer readily discerns the improved quality of 4K versus (whatever it is that is “not” 4k . . . 1k?)”

Okay, so there is our hypothesis. What are our predictions? (a) an unprimed naive viewer will rate a 4k image of the exact same composition higher than they will the same 1k image; (b) involuntary cognitive bias will also demonstrate higher ‘approval’ or engagement with the 4k image; © viewers who are prompted to compare a well-stratified sample of 4k images and 1k images selected so as to present a range of pleasant to unpleasant imagery will show higher rating of the 4k even when the content is more unpleasant . . . etc. we could come up with dozens of such predictions.

Then we’d need the sampling methodology: ideally a sufficient diversity with large enough numbers per sampling strata, but ideally matched. Probably a good enough design would be 60 “non-gamers,” 60 “gamers” and 60 “Elite Gamers” ideally matched for age, and other social identity demographics. Break each strata into two halves and then use the test-retest approach to test the null hypothesis (i.e., compare 1k with 1k for all the test instrumentations but imply (in those instruments where it is explicit) that at least one of them is 4k; it is worth noting, this is cruciall important as it establishes the “baseline” level of false discrimination for each participant. The splitting the sample of 60 in half is a way to test if the order of the test-retest has an effect or not . . .

Then we would have a foundational empirical basis on which to judge “if it is a gimmick or not.”

You can also test if a banana really is yellow in a laboratory.
Dude, I have a 4k monitor myself and I once had a full HD monitor.
I also experienced games running on 30 FPS and games running on more than 60 FPS.
It’s a difference like black and white. U can’t really not see it.
Here’s another example, we had a 30Hz HD TV. Some time later my brother decided to change it with his own 4k Sony 60Hz TV. They both looked almost the same, or atleast I didn’t realized it was changed. I first realized when it was on, just by seeing the difference between 60 and 30Hz. (There was no difference in resolution since TV series aren’t on 4k yet). It took me about 10 secs to see it. This is why I don’t get why it’s still a discussion.

Edit: By the way, my father is one of those guys too who says he can’t make a difference between 30 FPS and 60 FPS.

1 Like

I cant finish the game with epilogue quest bug. Its the first bug ive found but it wont let me finish so i would call it game breaking. Im right at the end but reloading isnt helping and i just want to finish it. Please add epilogue quest fix to the list sir. Thank you.

What the hell is 1K? 1024x576?

4K has a 16-times amount of pixels than 1K.

Thank you :slight_smile: - Finally found them.

1 Like

Yeah, sliders. Many sliders to create own experience (at least in terms of difficulty) - just give me them!

Really, I like Normal diffuculty mode for most stuff (yeah, I’m a filthy casual with the love for hud, compass, auto-travel, and Henry, having the idea about where could he possibly be on the damn map) BUT, I’d really like to get tweaked prices from Hardcore. To, you know, just eliminate the feel that any refugee in Rattay could have not be a retard beggar with a gain of 5 groshen daily - but risk a bit and make some real money in the process, a hundred or two at minimum.

Also, high customizable diffuculty could work help a lot to my concept of “sandbox/endless mode”: earlier or later you will anyway get your hands on high end gear through grinding, so, when it happens you could pay the price of skyrocketing costs of regular maintance of some expensive armor.

Back to the topic of base game, I’d really like to see less drastically different damages of low level and high level gear - where it makes sense, of course. Game should be more about “grow the skill”, not “get best sword in game and oneshot kill everyone”. If you really know your way of fighting, you can kill people with rusty old sword just as good as with shiny sword of some noble knight.

LOL! If they were so well known you wouldn’t have made them.

Next time you don’t want people to think you have misunderstood something, don’t post your misunderstandings

The texture loading time should be improved for consoles. Or that is not even considered an issue?
I had this “problem” but after a few experiments (I even formated both my slim and Pro plastations) and even trying other playstations and searching online, i realised that the game is just like that…

Dude just leave this thread

1 Like

The 4k discussion will be the same result as the discussion about if people can can see more than 60 fps! senseless

There IS a huge improvement in image quality in 4K compared to Full-HD. It’s a fact and no opinion. There’s not even a sense to discuss about that.

2 Likes

Sorry to bring this thread back on topic but I would like the belts to show on waffenrocks when you put on a cuirass underneath.

4 Likes

i wholeheartedly agree with reducing damage done by swords to armour, that would make combos so much more useful
would also like to see polearms implemented better. right now you cant sell them, cant equip from inventory, cant store them anywhere except on the ground which also means you will get arrested for walking past guards with them. they also drop out of your hands when you clinch with them sometimes

1 Like

Since the 1.7.1 update I’m now getting stuck on the horse. Stuck as in I can’t get off of the horse. Sometimes in a bush, or under a low roof overhang. Sometimes it will let me fast travel out of there but not always.

A few times the horse just started moving on it’s own down the road. The only way I’ve been able to stop that is fast travel anywhere on the map.

1 Like

There are mods which “fix” Polearms. One which makes them function like normal weapons (can equip, store, repair, etc.); one which makes blacksmiths sell them. There is also one (perhaps the first one I mentioned, or if not perkaholic) which RE-enables the polearm skill. Perkaholic definitely adds or enables several perks from this tree. I’m just about the download the one which puts them into blacksmith’s sales inventories, but the one which makes them useable I’ve been running for quite some time.

By the way, do major updates force the player to start a new game?

Oh yes! I half-think this “bug” was introduced on purpose to keep OCD-types like myself from using full plate :slightly_smiling_face: .

1 Like