What should be fixed with the new patch?

If you don´t use MODs,… No, you don´t need to start a new game!
All my saves from version 1.0( or later) work without problems.

2 Likes

If we’re back on track…some small improvements that would be quite nice:

1. It would be great if the 3 tailors ingame carried different inventory. Also, why does the Rattay Tailor sell every waffenrock except the Rattay ones?

2. Please, please…can The Inn In The Glade get a washtub already?

3. A way to unlock at least Dodge and Feint without having to start the main quest would be very nice. Too much of the combat system is locked away behind Bernard.

4. Why does Cooked Chicken have such a huge energy hit? Is white meat really that bad for you?

5. Armour and shield weights make no sense…a Heavy Shield is lighter than a common shield. Heavy or reinforced hauberks are lighter than the base version. Needs reversing, maybe? There should be some weight benefit to Henry slapping on a simple mail shirt instead of a full-length, long-sleeved Heavy Hauberk…and there isn’t.

6. Take another look at what constitutes light armour. It’s just weird that Henry can gain the perk benefit dressed head to foot in chainmail, but if he adds even riveted gloves or a skullcap to his green shirt and tight olive hose?..nope, gone.

7. And more dyed Gambeson colours would be much appreciated. A silesian in dark green, for example. With a matching padded coif…

Thank you…

Edit: And another one…could the Dev’s take a look at ridding Henry of quest items he no longer needs? I’d love to give Ginger his beloved hoofpick back when we meet, instead of carrying it around for eternity. Nor do I want to keep a lump of blood-stained rock as a souvenir…rather just leave it with Rupert. And why do I still have the flowers from a dead mans grave long after I supposedly burned them? The inventory clutter can get pretty annoying…

4 Likes

yeah i know there are mods that improve polearms but i dont like it when a game needs mods to fix broken parts of the game
feels like Total War: Rome 2 all over again

3 Likes

Well I sure would like to get the door to the abbot’s chamber in the monastery (seen here at 4:04 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjs4El48mCM) unlocked so I can complete the monastery sidequests and do the mission the way I want to. QA told me they’re working on it in JUNE. Still not fixed.

1 Like

Beim abspielen der \cutscenes\ startet der Rechner neu ist immer noch nicht gelöst. Your request (57052)

I would like to return the vegetation, forest and volume fog from the beta version (for powerful PCs), with such a forest game would be much more atmospheric.

2 Likes

I can’t count how many times i’ve gotten stuck on my horse where I can’t get off or move. Happens when you try to go through tight areas. The easiest way to fix it is to save & quit and then reload the game. Although I’d assume fast travel (in non-Hardcore) and drinking until you pass out are alternatives. Would be nice if this was fixed.

One mod that I’ve used that I’d love to be incorporated is the sorted inventory. It adds the class of the item to all of the names of the item to make for easy sorting. So Ingredients are all together, maces all together, stuff like that. Huge quality of life fix.

Additionally, there’s one that I’m going to try that is for combat rebalancing in order to reduce the how common/easy it is to do master strike. Master strike really needs to be reworked, it ruins fights and turns them into a wait for master strike fest. You get random peasants and bandits who are expert fighters because they master strike every blow, it’s crazy. Blocks are one thing, you can overcome them with combos, but master strike makes combat come to a stand still. Also, make an option to turn off slo mo in combat would be another huge bonus. Combine these two and combat becomes way more fluid and exciting.

1 Like

Bernard and I just fell through the Earth. I was transported back to the ring. Bernard, apparently, is cavorting with the Devil, and will not yield to my surrenders. Sadly I am stuck in limbo within this ring for eternity.

Can there be some safety valve for this situation? Like, if Bernard and Henry don’t attack each other for xx seconds, they’re both teleported from the ring?

1 Like

Everything mentioned here

But especially the accoutrements and polearms.

1 Like

@Blacksmith
The question is not whether old saves work with new updates, but whether new updates work with old saves.

i agree that master strikes are way to easy to do, often you end up fighting peasants armed with bludgeons and wearing no armour on the road and THEY master strike every attack you make.
If they were to make it harder to do master strikes and then reduce damage done by swords to armour to increase the usefulness of combos then i think combat would be much better.
The question is how would they do this? Everyone hates RNG so making master strikes totally random is completely out of the question. Tying them into how leveled up Henry is just makes end game way too easy.
They would have to implement something along the lines of how your bowhand shakes when you are a really low level but steadies as you level up but is never perfectly steady. This way a good player with a lot of experience would have to master muscle memory an timing in order to do a master strike, much like how good, experienced players can pull off combos with ease where as less experienced players struggle with even the basic ones.

I have to say: I’m still confused about the combat in the game and what is wrong with it. I agree it has some rough edges, but I don’t know the terminology, and some of what people who seem to know the terminology say confuses me.

Is the problem with Master Strikes that: (a) they are too easy for Henry to use; or (b) that they are too easy for NPCs to use; or ( c ) both?

From my poorly informed perspective, the problems with combat:

1. At lower levels my mouse and keyboard alternate between being responsive and unresponsive, and this clearly is how the combat is programmed. It seems there are some pretty complicated behind the scenes calculations going on in which the application compares Henry’s stats with those of an NPC. If the NPC is higher, then Henry is Nerfed, i.e., users mouse and keyboard become unresponsive. The goal of this is obviously to make leveling in the skills salient for being effective in combat. The problem with it is: fucking with user inputs is enraging. People DO NOT LIKE it when the feedback they get from the outputs from the monitor and speakers start de-correlating from the inputs they are delivering with mouse and keyboard.
  2. The “Lock-on” is so non-intutive, and worse requires left-hand dexterity which I lack (and I suspect most non-guitar player users lack). The left pinky is probably the LEAST dextrous digit in humanity! :smiley: . . . I suppose I could remap it . . . I don’t have a solution, and I acknowledge that, as a part of a system in which the NPCs are made properly challenging, something like this might be necessary, but I don’t like it. It makes combat “not fun” and spastic and at low levels a key spamming fest. The fact that you can be attempting to move sideways/backward turn and because you are “locked on” by a combatant your toon actually visually moves in the OPPOSITE direction in which you are attempting to move it is literally the epitome of BAD DESIGN. Imagine if the game randomly alternated your hotkeys so that going forward caused you to go backward and vice versa. I know you have great intentions with this, and I’m not saying that somehow this cannot be made into an extraordinary system, but at present it doesn’t work. It forces the player to engage in spammy/grindy/farming/leveling play styles in order to avoid risky combat until they have leveled up. It (from my perspective) does not promote a slow gradual, deliberate approach to “learning Henry to grow from a non-combatant to a master knight.”

I want to say both. The ease of master strike and the fact that any peasant can do it doesn’t make it very masterful. Now, maybe I just suck at combat… certainly a real possibility, but I feel like most of my battles are as follows: 1 on 1, wait for guy to attack -> Master strike -> Follow up with attack -> Repeat or clinch -> win clinch -> strike -> repeat. If I try to attack the guy on my own the strike usually gets blocked or they master strike me and then sometimes hit me with a combo which totally destroys me. For group fights, hold S and move around in circles hoping someone attacks and I can master strike. Hope that I don’t do the stupid move that throws the guy in the other direction which then leaves me open to getting mauled from behind. Wait til guys start dying and then hope for a one on one. I find just killing guys with stealth or sneaking in and poisoning everyone to be a million times more enjoyable than getting into a combat situation.

I think a good balance to MS would be to only allow the player to do it if their stamina is full. Then the higher your defense is the less stamina requirement in order to do a MS. It would also reward an aggressive player since they can use the strategy of wearing out their opponent to prevent MS.

What should be fixed with the new patch? i dont know where to begin. so for now RANDOM ENCOUNTERS!!! or dont but change the name to bandit encounters …

This thread is a horrible mess of opinions, there is no way to pull any of this together into a concise ‘report’ for devs. if you think any of them are going to read it don’t hold your breath. I will stand corrected if one replies…

Not even sure why I’m bothering with my non-game breaking bugs below…

1. At seige of Talmberg, moon is out, I have a torch in hand and my new horse Kanthaka has a blue mane. It is BLUE, like some alternative chick’s hair is BLUE. The horse beside is also a dapple grey and has a BLUE mane. Somebody got some lighting variable completely off and this likely appears elsewhere…

2. !!! Fix the poke-through!!! Many have pointed out this or that piece of clothing or armor. The Grand Bascinet allows terrible poke through out the back, Henry’s hair looks like the helm has a trimmed but not so sexy beaver…

1 Like

@SYN_Bandy you are right of course. I think the fundamental problem now that the game is well past release and more and more people are getting onboard is that: the game is really trying to be innovative, and it is succeeding at that goal to a considerable extent. Much of the negative opinions might reflect the fact that many of us simply have not “figured out” how it works so well.

For example: in my most recent playline, I’m finding that I’m MUCH more able to engage in combat on my terms, even without having resumed main quest and without “farming” the available opportunities in randoms and set spawn bad buys. Specifically, I find I’m “caught” in the NPC now has control of your character sequence than in the past, except when getting flanked and encircled of course, in which case one is quite realistically in a bad situation.

I am probably finding this easier because I spent more time: using non-combat means to level up stats like Strength and vitality (not yet to Main Level 14 if I recall but Strength and Vitality are both at 20 and agility is at about 12) as well as picking a “beginner” weapon (the cleaver) which is agility based (and thus “trains” agility) as well as bow against critters.

There is a saying that I think Sid Meier’s made: good games are easy to learn, hard to master. I fear that, with the state of the tool-tip information, tutorials and other in-game information and feedback, the game’s combat is currently more toward ‘hard to learn, easy to master.’

Mouse support for dialogs should be added to make it more comfortable to select between dialogs like every game of the 21th century has.

Thats the one thing i dont get… Why is the no Mouse Support in Dialogs ? :zipper_mouth_face:

you can use the mouse wheel in dialogs but full mouse control would be cool