When will alpha

Let me put it this way:
If you pay a company to build a skyscraper, but you don’t like it when it’s half finished, can you get your money back?

1 Like

I would hope so, then I can get half finished skyscrapers all over cities I don’t like and then call it art :smiley:

2 Likes

Dude, if someone is going to play on a PC it’s their responsibility to have a system that will ultimately be able to run the game. It’s not Warhorse’s job to provide you with a PC that meets all the specs needed. People have basically covered what that will probably require.

And again, anything via Kickstarter carries a level of risk to it. In many cases it cuts out the middleman and makes the people the investor in some small way. The product and the reward perks are the things we’re buying into, so to speak.

Sure, there’s still a chance Warhorse falls apart and we all end up with nothing. Look at what happened when this guy had a meltdown.

Point is - again - that if you’re not prepared to take a bit of a risk, you shouldn’t back a project. Nothing is guaranteed and you have to weigh the project against any possible known reputation of the people doing it. Fortunately people in Warhorse do have a known background, which made me more willing to contribute a higher amount.

Considering your pledge level was only Baron, even if the whole thing does somehow crash and burn, you’re not out much money. Let’s just say I would be very surprised if they don’t come through.

As for the alpha, to be honest what you think it should or shouldn’t be doesn’t matter.

If there ends up being a legitimate reason why someone has to try to cancel a pledge later on, Warhorse can look at that on a case-by-case basis. So far none of your concerns would lead me to even consider giving you a refund if I was in Warhorse’s position. All you’re doing is worrying over stuff you haven’t even dealt with yet and thinking an alpha version of the game might be subpar is not a reason to potentially want a refund.

1 Like

That is the craziest story I have ever heard from Kickstarter

Funny how he just wants a sugar daddy or alike :slight_smile:

Pay my bills and I will do whatever I like and you shouldn’t ask anything in return :smiley:

I don’t really get this trend of company’s even releasing alpha’s…seems kind of dangerous…

It’s a way to get the kind of testing you really can’t get from people who are familiar with the game’s inner workings, and how things are supposed to be done.

No matter how objective a developer thinks they are being when testing their code, they are no match for the casual user. Think of it this way, it’s the difference between giving a vintage car model to an appraiser who will lovingly test to make sure everything is in working order (developer), or giving it to a 5 year old boy, who will simply test how far the doors can open before they snap off (all users). :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh yeah I agree, but that’s what beta is suppose to be for.

you have misunderstood me here I’m not talking just now about this game but instead of the generally demos Alpha brings possibility for which longer want the money while it decides how to get play money … I’m not talking of this is the case Warhorse but the behavior of the EA and peas similar are doing close enough … they were once great game shows us knew the game gave free demo to find out whether you want it or not and it was all free … what now?

Honestly, I can hardly understand you at all at this point. I have a feeling it’s a problem writing in English.

You seem to be suggesting makers of games should let random people play alpha versions for free because it might drum up interest?

If you’re talking about demos, as far as I know those aren’t alpha or even beta versions of games. The only demos I’ve played in the last number of years were finished versions that let you play the first level or 10-15 minutes or so.

That still has nothing to do with Warhorse and the pledge situation.

Yes I speak about how we could use the company should further show the game and whether it’s free or not … we already in many cases it is of us believe even just a small part of the game also for money

Well, they might eventually make unfinished versions of the game available to people who don’t pledge down the line. I don’t know. At this point it’s a backer-only perk. I don’t think they’ll have trouble selling the game once it’s done.

You cross the point of no return here. If you pledged, then is not your money anymore. You gave it to the people of WH.
And you will receive what you paid for. In your case, alpha/beta access and the finished game. If you din’t like what you receive… Sorry. They clearly stated what they’ll do and what you’ll receive.
Yes, they could give free alpha access to people who didn’t pay a dime, but I think that will be (at least) very unethical… If I paid for the alpha, why someone else receive it for free?

2 Likes

Demo’s are different then alpha’s. Alpha builds are glitchy, bug filled builds for developers/employees to play on/test as far as I’m concerned. Consumers have no business playing on alpha’s IMHO. However, a lot of people understand alpha’s differently, but that’s my opinion about it.

You are right that Alpha’s normally aren’t tested by the public. However, I’ve heard of a few cases where it was done because of some specific Alpha feature that benefited from lots of people testing it. Usually, the companies will require that would be Alpha testers sign up or register to test, and then wait to be sent an invite. However, here, Warhorse has allowed several thousand players access to the Alpha, but that’s okay, I think.

For those of us who are familiar with the difference between Alpha, Beta, and Release (sometimes referred to as Production), we know what to expect and are excited to get a chance to fiddle with some core mechanics. For those who are expecting Alpha to be a fully playable “demo” or a collection of quests to sate us until release, well they will be disappointed and may whine and cry and think they want their money back because they didn’t “pay for a game full of bugs”. But in the end, when the full game comes out, they will play it and realize, “Wow, this is nothing like the Alpha… what was I thinking? Thank you Warhorse for this amazingly beautiful and complete game!” And all will be right with the world once again. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I hope that the alpha/beta will be also available on Xbox One/PS4!

They always say six months, even a month before the live stream.

You give me hope good sir.

You’re absolutely right and people need to have realistic expectations. Part of why I contributed at the level I did was to be a very small part of the building process, playing content that is still being constructed and hopefully providing some constructive feedback and bug reporting back to Warhorse.

The alpha is “supposed” to hit somewhere around july/august, according to the information we have been given, however, that is subject to change. We can always hope there are no delays!

@cellfactor
Alpha should not be taken as a representation of a game, not when it comes to stability or gameplay experience, it’s a build where some/most of the “main” elements of the game have been implemented in some form, so that they can be tested internally/externally. For example, you can try some iteration of combat, maybe crafting, there might be a quest or two. There will be hardcrashes, there might be bluescreens, etc., etc.

About refunds from kickstarter: No, you are in no way entitled to a refund as long as they release the game, they might give you one anyway, but i doubt it. You donated money, and will get an end product. Even if that product is “unplayable filth”, you still are not entitled a refund, since you donated money to make the game. You could go to court with it, but if there is a legitimate reason for a refund, odds are that the company no longer exists.

So, no, you can’t get a refund if you dislike the alpha, unless Warhorse are feeling nice.

Here is a link to kickstarter where you can read about refunds etc.
https://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/kickstarter%20basics

1 Like