When will the Alpha and Beta come out?

Soo We’re almost at august. Can we get any news about the alpha? Is it ready to release next month on time?

September/October is the last info i know about.

September is the latest info.

Y.Y september = college. Damn it…

Yes Dan said that, because at that time nothing really worked. What you saw was a cut-through of all parts which at least worked “stable”, just for demonstration purposes. We had to show the world something. But there is no actual publisher version. It’s just Dan, showing parts which didn’t crash immediately. We never gave anything to anybody because the video should just show what you could expect or which direction we are aiming at. So if can use your “downgraded version” analogy, the alpha won’t be downgraded it will just offer you peu à peu different mechanics, places or parts which are more or less ready at that time. But it’s not hiding anything or keeping any company secrets. It’s an upgrade – it will offer mechanics, gameplay and a playable (!) sneak a peek.

3 Likes

That’s totally fine. I had so much spare time in college :wink:

Okay… will it be possible to play with the alpha in the actual crytek editor?

Hello, well we are nearly 6 months from february. Will alpha be ready in august? Or you need more time? Is everything going acording the plan? last two bolgs were quite depressing :smile: so I am just asking.

In this thread, just a few posts above. Yep, you are right you are just asking, but may I suggest you to try also some reading?

oh, ok thx I missed that. Sad news for me than…

Our CryEngine is heavily modified including the exporters, resource compiler, shaders, editor, plugins and much much more.
Even if someone unlocks our .pak files (there were some tools for that for Crysis games before), it’s possible to load just fractions of the level, but definitely not something functional or even with similar visual quality as we have now in our technology with our editor that we won’t make freely available at least until the game is finished. I’m not sure if ever.

1 Like

Soooo… What are you saying?

people like you make the job of pr and community management a complete chore, you realize that? what part don’t you understand?

Many, many parts…i read a post on fb once about the alpha bring in july… Then read posts here that said both august and september… So many many parts i am confused on.

I don’t know why your laundry got all unfolded. Read what FIB118 said and you’ll understand why I’m confused.

From our side it was always September/October. We do our best to release it as soon as possible.

If the Alpha is on the same environment and too close to real game, I will not touch it. I would like to help to debug it and give a feedback on the game, but I am afraid like experience with a game like the forest I loose interest due to the poor content that an Alpha may propose.
To summary, because what i have written might sound contradictible, I will touch the Alpha only if it is just for debug purpose, with no spoiler (world and quest) to what the final game will be.

So far what i read was this - there will be no story-related quests in alpha. Maybe no quests at all in the beginning. It will be just about basic stuff like interactions with enviroment and npc, inventory, later some simple quest. I presume it will be placed just in a small village with a bit of countryside, probably that from live-stream (?). So don’t worry, you can look forward to it for sure :slight_smile:

Yes this is what I read too a couple of month ago. But may be KC might change there mind under the fans pressure.
It fine for me whatever the alpha is. Just, I will wait (personal way of thinking) the final game if I feel (by reading related posts on this forum) that the Alpha contains to much spoiler.

This is an excerp from the latest interview with Dan Vávra. http://www.czechgamer.com/18615/jak-se-u-nas-pecou-hry-4-dan-vavra.html

What can players expect in the alpha?
Generally, it will be a version with minimum of features, players will be able to see graphics, walk through an environment, they will see how the world works. However, at first there will be minimal interaction, which we will add gradually. We want to see that the game works, that it can be controlled, that everyone can run it and then we can add something more with a certain periodicity. Star Citizen does it once in 6 months (lol), so we would like to add something every 2 months, based on our continuous development.

1 Like