Who else is in love with this game?

I like it. It’s simple but it’s fun. I got a special NPC as a trader and he’ll buy anything, just not stolen stuff. His groschen go up so he’s a viable selling option now having at least 3.4k on him, which will keep going up. There are sleev and saves there, a world chest after a while. Only down side is it’s up and out of the way, but it’s fun to sandbox in…for now anyway

Yo me da cave man

My favorite cutscenes of all time (SPOILERS) getting drunk with capon his quest and the priest absolutely love it I’m on meds and can’t drink so this game gives me an idea of tavern life lol :beers:

2 Likes

I love the game and the realism that can transmit. It seems to relive in a medieval village with all the problems and technologies, the logic of time. A feeling that I had very few times, by heart the closest game that comes to mind is Europa Universalis, but in RPG version and in first person.

1 Like

I’m still loving the game but it does test my patience big time, unfinished quests, the bugs have started to hit me late game, interesting places are not interesting in the slightest, I get if my horse to find an interesting place and find out it’s 3 rocks stacked on top of each other, is it they’re idea of a joke ? Sometimes there’s a bit of loot but more often than not it’s nothing. Apart from that and quite a few really shitty boring quests it’s still great after crap loads of hours

The best feelings when you first start playing though man, that feeling.

1 Like

I doubt KCD will receive Game of the Year with this low amount of active players.

2 Likes

Kinda depends on what qualifies ‘Game of theYear’.

RPGs are a small niche… carving out a place in this niche isn’t easy.
a “small number of players”, might be ‘a large amount of the people who are into these sorts of things’, in whiich case it stands out as a product again and becomes ‘worthy’.

It will get GotY potentially for historical content, or other aspects that make in not just relevant, but essential, for people who walk these paths…

Check the charts, KCD is small even in RPG terms looking from player amount.

1 Like

in ‘modern’ RPG terms?

I didn’t check the charts… but I can predict made for the masses RPGs like Skyrim generally get it.
Skyrim comes from RPGroots. every version that releases… a lil more dumbed down… finds wider appeal.

RPG heads /)eg dice throwing and number crunching systems,… not stuff like magic the gathering or talisman… like backend systems and minutia being replicated.

Diablo was an action rpg… people who played rpgs though of it as an arcade game with loot.
Dragons Crown took that to the next level (think Golden Axe evolved) (actually by the person who made worked on the D&D arcade games and wanted something deeper)… the lines are all greyed.

the people like myself who played starship command or battletech (or D&D) and were willing to spend three hours calculating three minutes of ‘game time’… these are the people who really dig computer roleplaying games.

having a high end calculator figure out how many of my 'mechs heatsinks are underwater and therefor with a multiplier on the cooling rate is where old school gamers get off on modern age computing.

being able to play these worlds in realtime with the CPU rapidly running the number tables is fantastic… and really fun.

all the succesful RPGs are seldom hardcore… Baldurs Gate was a 98% rated game on launch. It is without doubt one of the best D&D games ever made (certainly based on second edition rules).,… gamers nowadays would find it archaic and based on systems that no one is familiar with.

simply put aged gamers expect very different things than the ‘new breed’.
some of the new breed grew up in households with parents who showed them the old school stuff… everyone else would find them difficult and a ‘disconnect’ to their version of gaming.

KCD has its place.
In that place it presently holds gold/platinum.

I didn’t see much arguments in this text, mostly empty words if I am honest to you.
One thing I do know. KCD isn’t half as realistic as it thinks it is. You can easily reach high levels and get perks that will wreck enemies easier as I can do in Skyrim or the Witcher 3. In the beginning this game is hard but still not realistic. Because hard does not equal realistic per definition. It is strange that a peasant will beat a blacksmith especially if the peasant uses a working ax and the blacksmith a high end sword. It shouldn’t even be all too difficult. KCD has it’s place, but is is still in the place of RPG. Just as the Witcher 3 is unique from Skyrim is KCD unique from the Witcher 3. It simply isn’t uniquer as that to me. And looking at the reviews, it seems more people follow my opinion.

1 Like

KCD is a great game with too many issues as of late, post 1.6 that is. I agree with you that this game will not become GOTY. I love the game but it is way too niche and it has way too many game mechanics and graphical issues happening to too many people.

My name in Skyrim is Henry because of KC:D. True or false?

To each, his own. I really liked W3 and Skyrim. The fantastical and magical are fun but they become a crutch. Plot line or space needs some spice? Throw in magic or a fearsome beast.

KCD avoids such gimmickry. KCD has elevated the ordinary. That is unique. That said, some compelling aspects of medieval life have yet to make it into the game. If those things come to pass, WH may still end up as niche game. But, it will have a rock solid foundation

2 Likes

enter Giant Spider…every fantasy RPG has a Giant Spider…

*skeletons lol

I loved first town in might and magic X…
Wont ask for anything cliche like killing rats in a basement; umm we need you to kill giant spiders in the well.

1 Like

totally didn’t even think about rats lol

That’d be baldurs gate then (it was cliche in 98, and they ran with it for humour)

1 Like

Granted, I am new to the forums and the game (maybe 24ish hours in) but I am really loving it! It is starting to take quite a large piece of my “free-time-pie” away from Fallout 4 (Which I have played pretty much exclusively since it came out), so that is a pretty impressive feat. I love how grounded it feels, even when the difficulty infuriates me. And Hardcore mode terrifies me at the moment (and take this from someone who absolutely loves Survival in FO4) because I have no sense of direction so I anticipate getting lost in the woods first off and starving to death.

It’s not bad once you get used to the map…took about 20-30 hours before I was really comfortable. Spent about 30 minutes last night cuz I got turned around through, so that sucked lol

1 Like

Well, I gotta get through my first play through… then maybe I will have enough gumption to try hardcore :slight_smile: I still anticipate death by getting lost to be what happens first thing!

1 Like