Who else is in love with this game?

Actually a lot of early divide in the forum community here, aafter game release, was due to the two canps of gamers buying it.

Just like crysis became the ‘but can it run…’ benchmark, when KCD launched - it was one of a new breed- a rare title that pushed PC systems and asked for more.

Many pc tech types spend uber dollars on crazy rigs and then have nothing to show off on it (outside of benchmark suites).

Those same customers buying this software simply cause of the tech had little interest in the gameplay mechanics, and arguable difficulty, that this game returned to the genre.

For the next few years many gamers will run KCD just to check their framerates.

A lot of that crowd were vociferous arguers about how bad the game was (change lockpicking/combat and let me start as a magic casting elf…).

They didnt buy it to be a medieval simulation of fifteenth century bohemia.

1 Like

Yep, pretty much.

I just did a quick scan of this thread: I cannot believe I missed registering on it.

When the post count was north of 100 I just assumed I HAD already.

Only cause of my post above (which I am sure would suit a ‘game graphics’ thread (and was likely misplaced here…) ,… have I found my missance.

I like heavy petting this game.
Maybe not love, which I save for living entities and troubleshooting Microsoft products (OK one of those is a lie)…
This game is my new Go To Peaceful time kill.

PC was moved to loungeroom for it, mostly so partner and I can sit appropriately so one of us plays whilst the other massages (medieval life is stressful?).

The sheer number of hours this game has stolen from us is huge.
We give up watching movies so we can walk through photorealistic middle ages.
Missus confirms the colour accuracy being true to this part of the world, and just watching light transistions over wide vistas, or walking into deep forrests (that become appropriately dark from thick foliage)- everything about this title blows us away.

I had started trying to hook the GF on the Witcher, but the colour vibrancy and wind hyperactivity and edge of map and coralling down a path just ended the enjoyment that the open world Skyrim had given her and started a hook for spending time together and enjoying an alternative world.
Skyrim with hundreds of mods vs vanilla Kingdom Come… and its hands down to Kingdom Come.

Skyrims graphics come from 2011. Ipads have that much video card grunt nowadays, and there is only so much ‘hi res texturing’ etc that can be done to improve it.

The real stuff that keeps us playing is the minutia. Paying off the healer,… learning to read and harvesting plants/alchemy…
Caring about character growth!

Many games can be florified waking simulators… not many I have seen have waterwheels that work and have a physical world that supports them properly. (How much modding just to get Skyrims rivers flowing TOWARDS the ocean?etc)

Forgetting fantasy is easy when the wind through the fields is visceral.
Really look forward to watching this title evolve and the many things it will pave the way for.
More than the game, I am thankful for Warhorse showing that companies can continue to deliver value even AFTER they get our money.

This for me is a 9.5/10 (assuming a wee bit of polish which I see is happening)
It is one of the best uses of modern PC hardware for gaming,… and once tightened for consoles, will prove a very strong game for this gen that is not likely to be bettered.

For Peeps who count the triangles that a game pushes this one is for the tech heads… some many basic items in this game (eg a logpile) just make me smile.
Especially when light is at the horizon.

4 Likes

In the future…
I can see Henry becoming a grandfather teaching his grandson or granddaughter how to use a sword and pick locks, just for something to do. There was no TV or internet back then. What the hell did they do with all that time? Rob graves and fight Cumans!

I want to love it, it’s everything I love in a game. Except that I cannot stand losing hours of gameplay from bugs. Honestly, if there is one thing that ticks me off more than anything in gaming, it’s the feeling that I just wasted my time and have to do the same things over and over again.

2 Likes

I love… before 1.6

1 Like

Absolutely love it. I have had to stop playing it atm until Captain Robard is fixed. I cannot hand my bandit quests in and the fix is a lil bit too expensive :slight_smile:

I am also keen for more, like super keen.

Thanks War Horse for such a brilliant game xx

To the last couple of posters - I’m very sorry you’ve had issues and not experienced the pleasure that those of us more fortunate have had.
Question is - what system are you on? Console or PC w/ mods?
There has been a great amount of investigation as to what is going on w/ various platforms, and WH is doing a great job of trying to clean up bugs as they are made apparent.
Hang in there! Please try not to flame or go nuclear negative - the devs are very seriously trying to make the game experience the best for everyone.
Peace.

1 Like

Oh please! What is FtA for a improvement! icon_laughing

Most ppl gave it 8 to 10 in the polls on this very forum so… enough of your negativity. :roll_eyes:

Yeah and enough of your doctrine words!

4 Likes

Exactly. Steam revies give 63% positive on that DLC. The troll of course looks at the poll of 20 people and not at the poll of 367 people. The forum seems negative about the forum in general.

2 Likes

Most people on this forum actually might know something about the game to be more qualified to give a fair review. Most gamers play crap like COD nowadays and are not used to a more complex game so… its a no brainer. We can see however there are still some on the forums that dont really know about the game still.

1 Like

Kingdom come deliverance is not that remote from other games. If I look at the Steam Charts then I can see that it is atm on place 83 of active players. This is the page of Company of Heroes 2, Brawhalla, Fallout New Vegas, etc
https://steamcharts.com/top/p.4
This game is like any other game unique, but not that unique that you would need a specific kind of gamer that is smart enough and delicate enough to understand such complexities. Any RPG fan most likely can play this game, if he meets technical requirements. The people who buy this are most likely RPG fans if you would bother to read the Steam reviews, you would know. This makes them just as valid as any other person. The ones who bought the DLC obviously already bought the game, they know the game and still want more, and buy the DLC. Of course they are the good type of players. Why buy a DLC for a game you don’t like.

1 Like

Somebody used alias accounts. Trim off most of the 10s and you have a more accurate take

2 Likes

Hahhahahhaha (yep!)

Wow just found that poll thread.
Uncanny how 9s presently have 4% of the vote, yet magically 10 is represented so heavily.

Skewed data I do believe.

I reckon I could guess some of the new accounts that voted 10 too.

I am not much of a gamer, but I must say that KCD is really good and fun to play. With From the ashes DLC I enjoy it far more, because it finally gives you the reason to make groschen. Thanks to it I found the beauty of poaching and stripping every corpse from everything. And also to see that previously cuman-infested area civilized is soooooo great! It also forced me to start new playline and focus more on northern areas around Talmberk, so I discovered many new quests like Talmberg race or Hare hunt, which are quite fun. On first playthrough I avoided Talmberg because of lady Stephanie - I like Theresa far better :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great to see people supporting great developers who worked hard to create one of the best games in the last five years. Prey was GOTY 2017 and kcd’s leading as 2018’s so far. It’s going to take a lot to knock this from the top spot!

Couldn’t tell you. Haven’t played FtA yet.
So, assuming you have - what are your impressions? Any feedback, however negative, will be appreciated, I am sure.
Yes?

I play this game every day. It’s so neat. All the depth to the plot, and the characters… :slight_smile: