Who else is in love with this game?

Until the mass complainers make WH back peddle on even more stuff then lock picking, save mechanics, combat…what else is everyone complaining about? I like having to try. I like the harsh feel of living in medieval times and having no save scum(and honestly, it’s still totally possible and pretty easy to save scum already). But it is dope regardless. Hopefully mods will come out to restore it to its original state; I’ve seen people saying lock picking is too easy now in 1.3

The game isn’t for everyone, idk why people can’t understand that. Would have been nice for difficulty if things to be on a toggle or a slider instead of just making stuff easier all around. Oh well

3 Likes

Love this game! Would loved it more if I had the possibility to roleplay around a Job (extend the quest lines) like smithing, Alchemist, Hunter. And if i had the opportunity to invest my money in some traders or stores.

1 Like

I love this game, but is waiting for more patch, DLC to fix bug, polish facial animation, combat animation, more weapons and armor, etc…

1 Like

Yeah I wish they had the same systems they have for alchemy but for blacksmithing, eating, drinking animations too would be nice.

Shame to hear it takes a shit 2/3 of the way through, I’ve been savouring the game, just finished ginger in a pickle, been playing for like 50 hours, basically sinse release. Taking my time exploring and all that, games like this don’t come around often so be sure to get the maximum out of it guys.

2 Likes

The game is awesome! There’s just so much else to do and so little time for me to play! I’m still lurking around in and around Rattay. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This game is accomplishing what I wish Oblivion and Skyrim were able to accomplish. I feel like Henry is actually living in this world. He is nothing super special, he’s just a guy. And on top of that, living in this world isn’t a chore. It feels natural. The routines I am falling into don’t feel forced, just immersive. They’ve done a great job with the needs of eating and sleeping. Bethesda’s games have those mechanics too but I quickly abandoned them because there is no reason to use them.

I am having many of the same feelings towards this game as I had when I first played Skyrim. Skyrim was my first exposure to Bethesda’s RPGs and it was amazing. This is a lot like that. i haven’t had an experience with a game like this for almost 10 years.

7 Likes

My first experience of amazement with a game was with Oblivion and a lot of other player’s was Morrowind. In my opinion, Skyrim was kind of a let down considering it was on newer hardware. Hardly any of the mechanics were changed. They just kind of threw in dragons and procedural caves and called it a day. Thank God for the modding community. Can’t wait to see what they are able to do with this game in a year or two. Should be absolutely amazing.

3 Likes

I have been waiting for a good free roaming game like this for years. I’m enjoying the long trips hunting in the woods and mastering the bow. There is some suspense when I’m loaded down with my take of game with the occasional onset of bandits yelling and attacking.

For me, it’s one of the best rpg’s I’ve ever played and I’ve been gaming solve the mid 80’s.

It’s so refreshing to not have magic or fantasy and just a real living breathing world where every day dangers and happenings are enough.

Sure it still needs some polish but what game doesn’t. I’ve spent hours upon hours playing and still haven’t done many quests, I just enjoy being in the world and taking things slow and enjoying what war horse has created and I’ve not had that feeling for many years.

A massive thumbs up from me

5 Likes

One thing I wished they’d have fixed with the latest patch is the superhuman ability bandits occasionally have. After exchanging a few hits with them and they are severely injured but they are able to sprint away and disappear when they are on foot and I am on horseback.

agree. +850 dead enemies attest to my fondness for hunting bandits and Cuman in and amongst the woods as a horse archer

And if you run from them they are alway right behind you…and their crackpot aim, in the woods, at night; it’s ridiculous lol

1 Like

wish they had different combat styles.
Cuman - balanced (off/def), formal, precise technique; organized, coordinated group attack; morale is very hard to break
armor bearing bandits (professional brigands) - moderately aggro, a little sloppy technique; organized but not completely coordinated group attack; morale is hard to break
plain clothes bandits (common ruffians) - hyper aggro, informal technique (no axe up ‘fancy’ stance); disorganized (but not queueing up like NPCs currently); morale easily broken

:roll_eyes::rofl: the enemy NPCs are insensitive to light in all respects. they battle at night with precision that a bat’s sonar couldn’t rival (eg, shooting dead eye arrows in pitch black) and not responding to a torch (sakra! that guy on the noisy horse and a torch went off trail and is heading behind me instead of the ambush point… maybe i should turn in his direction, attack, or run away). Hope WH tweaks this.

I think this is a great game! It is one of the few games since Skyrim that I think about during work. Love the pace, the story, the fighting, and the world. I am a professional medieval archaeologist, and so I love the meticoulus historical details. I am playing on a mediocre PC, and the game runs well, and looks good to, better than I hoped on my system!

There is so much negativity going on, so nice to see a thread like this. I have had one crash, and one bug that made me reload a save, in almost 20 hours. I don’t think that is very bad, but sure, I hope things will be smoothed out. I also use an unlimited save mod, the saving is the only design flaw in my eyes.

Great game, I am having a blast!

1 Like

Fancy 21st century term, known in 1403 Bohemia as a gravedigger. just kidding :upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face:

Wouldn’t you like to see more agriculture-related artifacts, etc in action?

10/10. Good game, good engine. its exceeded my expectations. Like, the…uh… 1000th person here, Im eager to see more content.
P.S.: I didnt finished it yet.

1 Like

Finish it man! It’s actuallt pretty short if you just push through. Plus, the way it ends you can just sandbox after or start a new game…I started a new game and it stated a second save file so you won’t lose your first play through either

I was enjoying it till I got to my first big battle. Frame rate unplayable levels, drop to low still unplayable drops. Completely changed my mind about it. Shame because it was a pretty cool battle. The one with runt I mean.

Well bezerk on the atari 2600 had very real world immersive graphics… pac man, space invaders… eventually the 2600 (still have my woodgrain unit from the seventies) got awesome titles like Pitfall/River Raid/Double Dragon and Skate or Die.

Those eight bit systems had huuuuge amounts of power.
Just have to look at the PC Engine(turbographx in us)!
Yes I know the 2600 wasnt an eight bit system: the poster said THEY started in '84 with 8bit; what was before?

Phantasy Star on 8bit sega master system(SMS) made dungeon master on the atari st look less polished…
(Both great games).
Ultima IV even got a SMS release.

RPGs through the ages? Soo many cause programmers seemed familiar with fantasy novels and fantasy role play…
Might and Magic series /bards tale and everything D&D licensed… were some great old days
. Culminating in Darklands prior to graphical powerhouses likeLands of Lore/ Ultima Underworld and Eye of the Beholder.

Around 2000 (after Baldurs Gate/Planescape Torment etc), gamers were given- near simultaneously , Morrowind and Neverwinter Nights.
Morrowind suited true RPGers more, but many lost their lives to the addictive Neverwinter experience that kind of improved the ‘action rpg’ formula that Diablo had so cleanly taken…

On topic; loving kingdom come, in my top five fave rpgs of all time. (From hundreds)

1 Like