Who else is in love with this game?

+++ loving the immersion of this medieval sim. Loving that I’m absolutely useless at everything until I practice over and over. Love that I’m scared to die because of the save system.

Not in love, but i recognize that i have rarely seen a game made with passion like this one. Nearly everyday you discover little details that make a huge difference. For example if you jump from a big cliff it has a different consequence from falling from a medium cliff. the way they Designed the (spoiler alert!) trebuchet at the end, and how it is animated. The ambiance in the forest. And so on :slight_smile: Thank you Warhorse !

I’ve been playing RPGs for right at 30 years, starting with Quest for Glory 3 in '88. In all that time, I’ve had a lot of opportunities to try out just about every medieval-esque game released. […ramble redacted]

Kingdom Come got it right. On a tight budget, with a small team, they put out an incredibly ambitious and lovingly detailed masterpiece. [more rambling redacted] From a combat system I’ve only seen attempted in two other games, to a level of detail - in both the world and game mechanics - that is simultaneously immersive but not tedious, I have been downright gleeful every hour I’ve played. I’m all the more excited to see this game continue to improve and evolve as Warhorse releasees DLC and the rest of the series, and as the modding community takes it in directions as-yet unimagined.

Beyond my long-seated love of video games, I’m also a historical enthusiast. I study the time period from 1380-1420, and make clothing, weapons, and armor appropriate to that era. KCD couldn’t have been more within my niche of interest if I had gotten it from a wish-granting genie.

In short, I backed this game 3 years ago. I am happy to say that I do not regret that decision. Kingdom Come has quickly earned its place as one of my all-time favorite games.

7 Likes

It’s awesome, I just wish the game had some cool looking stealth gear, working hoods and mask

3 Likes

I only wish I knew early enough to support it but it got released and I feel the same. Total wish come true

Just wanted to say Im another fan of the game. Praise to Warhorse for sticking through it all these years. Cant wait to see how they push the industry in new directions.

2 Likes

Yep, I love this game!
Super-frustrated with bugs, but I still love it.

3 Likes

Two thumbs up.

There is a group of I believe 4 bandits on the return to Skalitz that were surprisingly well armored and equipped.

1 Like

The awesome thing is that you can create your own.objectives and just go out and live in bohemia

I now have the cartographer perk.
This awesome for graverobbing and cave exploring!!

2 Likes

I’m still loving it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Mummer i am too (still loving it) but starting to run into stability issues… probably because i’ve killed, looted and sold too much. see screenshots below if you’re wondering what that means.

hope 1.4 improves stability, fixes many bugs especially all the observed main quest ones (such as Erik not being in Vranik), and has better graphics (pop-in/texture) behaviour.

done a good deal of rinse and repeat, need more content and/or variety. a tweaking of the combat mechanics might help too (NPC AI is horrid at times and Henry still seems a little overpowered)
(for those that might be wondering, 0 master strikes and 3 combos.

1 Like

Hmmm yes you seem to have been a busy boy!

I am looking forward to expansions that add more things to do or interact with in the ‘world’ - as well as adding new areas and quests to the game.

you probably know this but do the Talmberg Huntsman questline to get your own little slice of pie if you wanna have a nice home to base your gameplay out of

3 Likes

Found this alchemy themed shack. Guy accidently killed himself with poison…i swear

2 Likes

Hey man i tried to erase all but one save file risky i know. But for me it kinda seems to work. This game is so weird it seems to react on so many stuff that everybody has their “own” version.

1 Like

I hear you. Waiting for Marek to acknowledge receipt of save data before I delete the evidence.

This seems to either be a Cryengine thing (not aware of this with Far Cry, etc) or a WH implementation issue. Regardless, hope this gets corralled. If it doesn’t, it just means Jan, Marek, etc have a bazillion factors to consider when troubleshooting

1 Like

Yeah man i know but thanks :+1::+1:

1 Like

Im running a save dor 119.2 hours now.
Erased everything pre save 200.
Runs smooth as balls.
Also erased other playline

1 Like

the charlatan’s house basically becomes yours as well once he deserts

1 Like