Wildlife in the final game?

Watching a lot of peoples play through of the beta on youtube I noticed there really did not seem to be much in the way of animal life out in the wilds and forest areas. Heard plenty of birds tweeting but did not see any.

I did hear sheep mentioned in an interview, saw chickens in local villages on that Playstation Access video…along with what seemed to be a dog or something scuttling about in the background.

Ain’t the Czech Republic known for having Bears and Wolves in the forests? Can we expect to come across any type of hostile animals out in the wilds?

1 Like

Bears and wolves mostly disappeared during the 18th century but recently there are reports both a coming back. There were definitely swarms of them in the Middle Ages tho, they absolutely should be in the game.

Afaik there are other big animals that were still around at the start of the 15th century - bisons, mooses, uruses, wild horses. Tho I imagine at that point most of them were surviving in deep forests in southern, northern and eastern Bohemia, not in the agricultural area around Prague where the game is taking place.

But it’d be great to bump into a bison at night and shit your pants.

1 Like

try this part of forum :slight_smile: