Will blacksmithing and the Dog companion be back?

With 8 more months, it doesn’t sound too ridiculous anymore. That seems like enough time to me.

7 Likes

I belive to remember they said the dog will come with an additional dlc (free 4 backers) or a free update…
but i am quite not sure

I hope to see some more content/features with all this extra time to release. I mean the current build must be a huge shambles if they need 8 months to “optimize”. They said in december last year that they should start polishing and optimizing in a few weeks. I expect it to be the most optimized game in the history of videogame industry…

4 Likes

I do believe they did not finish lipsyncing. I did see dog as DLC but not sure if officially, rather somebody was just dreaming here on forum. Though, I would appreciate they would add these to features during this final 8 month stage, it would not break any of my expectations so far.

It was a stretch goal for further funding on the KCD web page, so no dreaming. :slight_smile:

@Wicker
That was exactly what i was thinking after seeing the release date. :smile:

1 Like

Dog will be a free DLC. (?)
But no blacksmiting.

That’s what they said, but that was awhile ago. I’m wondering if this will change now that they’ve confirmed another 8 months of time.

Guys I’m pretty sure they will not be adding anything. When you add something, you have to optimize and fix bugs again - new features are affecting all other features - creating new situations and bugs. My guess is, that they are quite close to the finish, but because they have quite an experience in not hitting the goals in time, they just add some more time. Maybe twice as much than they count they need, maybe more. And if they finish it earlier, there is never enough of tweaking and optimizing.

3 Likes

8 months is a very long time for two single features. That would mean over the 4-5 years they’ve been making this, they’d added 9.5 features. I don’t think 8 months for pure optimization makes sense…

Yeah, but imagine you promised some date so many times and been wrong every time. What would you do if you were thinkik you are 4 months to the finish (including producing stuffs, like creating boxes and discs, that takes months too i presume)? I would get myself more time, just to be sure that i wont blew it again.

1 Like

What about crossbows?

I can’t remember what that last official word was but my ears perked up when Henry’s father mentioned them in the trailer.

3 Likes

Dog is interacting with pretty much evverything. It seems like imposible feature to me from the start. Particulaly because of combat. How do you count physical collision of sword and dog teeth :smiley:

They did it well enough in fallout 4. This isn’t a simulation, it isn’t even close to impossible.

Yeah those are something simmilar to polearms, except I dont think they will make it into the game. But I would believe those could make it into the game via DLC.

Yeah, but KCD combat simulates blows and strikes, whereas fallout just say dog bite is - 20dmg.

I don’t know where you’re getting “simulates” from.

I’ve seen them, nothing that would indicate simulationism to the point of a dog not being possible. At all.

Check combat videos from Warhorse. I think its even in kickstarter combat video. Duke.

Imagine how complicated it is with sword or axe. And now imagine how hard it is with four leged creature with openable jaw full of teeth.
Physical bite simulation - almost impossible (if you make it like in fallout you compromise your unique system)
Whole new set of animation o bitten guys -too much work
Whole set of animation of dog being attacked by various weapons
A thousand of new bugs and situations including dog (cut scenes, dog stuck in doorway, dog getting in the way of horse…)

But dude, its just opinion.
But I would bet it wont be there.

What you’re saying relies on a something I haven’t seen confirmed anywhere.

Where is it said or written that they’re making such a complicated simulation? Try to find it.

People always do this, you can make the same argument about literally any feature AT ALL. Everything comes with bugs, and issues, and work, and yet they still do it. I’m saying 8 months is enough time.