Will there be ...children?

2 Likes

Witcher combat is the most boring thing I have doneā€¦ ''Spam attack button, spam, spam, spam, roll arround in heavy armor like you have nothing on you, spam, spam, spam, rull even more in your heavy armor and still rull arround like you are in the olympic gymnastics

Excellent description of Skyrims combat
system.

Contrary to popular belief you can move free and quickly in full plate armor.

3 Likes

I donā€™t know what difficulty, experiance and all you have with Skyrim but I use axe and shield and if I just spam like I do in Witcher 3 then im dead pretty soon. And do I say Skyrim is perfect? No far from, the game has so many faults, speccially with story. But still way better then other RPGā€™s

Legendary, along with deadly dragons, mods that add bleeding, increased AI difficulty( enemy archers will aim for the head). Have around 400 hours clocked in.

The melee combat is simplistic trash, with you spamming attack and block. The archery along with sneak is easy as fuck.

What makes it unique or better? The shit two hour main story? The boring simplistic combat system? Hell it stripped a ton of features that were in previous titles.

Vanilla skyrim is a 6/10, only thing that saves it is mods.

2 hour main story? sure https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=9859

And in Skyrim you can do whatever you want, even without the main story there is many hours of gameplay. In Witcher 3 you are kind of forced to follow the story and outside the story the game is pretty empty. Donā€™t get me wrong, to have more story based as Witcher 3 donā€™t have to be a bad thing. But it is when you think the story is only ok, not saying itā€™s bad not the story I really cared for. And mainly did not like the gameplay att all. Or the character

32 hour main story :joy:

If it took you that long to beat the main story, then you probably canā€™t even tie your shoes.

I ā€œbeatā€ the game in ten hours( did some exploring and side quests). If you play nothing but main story missions you can easily get to sovereignguard and kill Alduin in 2-3 hours.

You know that dragon story is 50% of Skyrimā€™s main story right? And there is also the war? And who play Skyrim to rush through the story when there is so much else to do and explore?

No the civil war is not the main story. The main story is dealing with the dragons, hence why once you kill Alduin it gives you an option to stay in soverguard.

I did not " rush" the main story I simply played it till i finished, because I was planning on doing the side quests after which I did.

This true for all rpgs bud, Iā€™m starting to think Skyrim is your first one.

No you arenā€™t, I have 70 hours in the game and have yet to complete the main story

You think Skyrim is my first only because I donā€™t agree with you? Everyone who donā€™t agree with you ā€˜ā€˜have never played other RPGā€™sā€™ā€™?..

So tell me than, outside story in Skyrim you have side missions ofc and thieves guild, dark brotherhood, the companions etc. Even house building(DLC ofc) and wife and adopting children(that system is very basic ofc, but then again itā€™s a RPG and not the sims). So in Witcher 3 what do you do outside the story?

Andā€¦ I think we are going slightly off-topic. And also, devs called civil war for main story so how is it not that? If itā€™s atleast just as long as dragon story, just as important for the people in Skyrim, one of the main things in the game + devs call it main story. Then how is not?

No I said that because your sentence seemed to imply that " the freedom to do what you want" is some how exclusive to Skyrim, when most RPGs allow you to.

Tons of side quests and Witcher contracts ?Anyone who has played the Witcher 3 can attest to the amount of side contentā€¦

1 Like

I never tested to much killing monsters missions to be honest. Since got tired of it, I was like level 14 or something and all missions I found was like ā€˜ā€˜Recommanded level: 76ā€™ā€™ and stuffā€¦ And no, not blamming game on that, that might as well just beeing me doing something wrong so thatā€™s fineā€¦

And also why I told Skyrim you are free to do what I want then I also compared to other bethesda RPGā€™s, like Fallout 4.

Tons of side quests and Witcher contracts ?Anyone who has played the Witcher 3 can attest to the amount of side contentā€¦

Youā€™re damn right there is!

Now this might only be me, but when I played Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, 4, NV, Morrowind, I only played for the main quest. After that, itā€™sā€¦lifeless. There is nothing to do once you beat the game. The NPCs are dull, the quests are meaningless and devoid of any impact. Bethesda is loved because of how soulless their games are, which makes modding them so entertaining. The only quest I have ever enjoyed besides the main quest was the Knights of the Nine from Oblivion. I can understand maybe the exploring is interesting, but Skyrim is in no way the best RPG out there.

Now the Witcher series, especially 3? Theyā€™re based on books. Amazing books. I have all the English translated ones and Iā€™ve played all three games. I love the story because it has meaning, depth. Something Bethesda sorely lacks in their games. Every quest has impact, makes you FEEL something. An example: Whoreson Junior. When I entered his room with the whores all dead, I was angry. Geralt was angry. I knew Ciri and her history, Whoresonā€™s history, Geraltā€™s history. I killed him because those whores didnā€™t deserve the pain they suffered. Now had that been in Skyrim, Iā€™d have shrugged. I wouldnā€™t have cared because Bethesda wouldā€™ve said, ā€˜ā€˜kill this guyā€™ā€™ with no background on you, the guy, what he did. Thereā€™s nothing there to tell you heā€™s a bad guy or if he had good reason to hurt them. As far as I know or care, heā€™s just another soulless NPC for you to kill. With the Witcher, I knew Whoreson had hurt them, beat them, tortured them, but had it been Skyrim itā€™d have been a room of dead women. Thatā€™s all Iā€™d know and about as much as Iā€™d have cared because Bethesda wouldnā€™t have said anything else on those NPCs. As far as I know, theyā€™re just there because whatever. This guy killed them. I feel nothing for them and really donā€™t care that I kill this guy except for the experience to level up.

1 Like

And then there is the biggest offense of them all for meā€¦ You do all of this to level upā€¦ and when you level up, 80% of the world levels up with you, making it basically meaningless :smiley:

I play both of those. All of the Witchers as well beat them all and beat Oblivion. Great games

But that makes a challenge and thats what fun about games.

Challenge is fun, but meaningless one ā€” not so much.

Also, if you canā€™t just level up easily, then it is still a challenge. Perhaps even more as scale level usually also protect you from meeting too strong bandits.

Not in RPGs, RPGs are usually made about building and improving your character, so you can overcome more difficult obstacles (enemies).
Imagine how demotivating it would be for you as kid, trying to peek over wall. Everybody tells you ā€œjust wait until you grow up a bit so you can see over the wall!ā€. So you eat all your cereal and shit and after two years you finally grow up - only to find out that the fcking wall is taller than it was! Man I would totally quit such game (life) :smiley:

They also killed children in the middle ages.

1 Like

the moment we all gave up on life and went virtual xD