Will there be ...children?

You aren’t listening/reading buddy.

I have already agreed with you that there is no real moral distinction.

My point is that that’s not how the world views it, plain and simple, which is true 24/7/365.

" I am sure you can admit that killing children receives far more outrage than any of the other things you list aside it, despite whether or not you agree with the moral distinctions made."

Anyway, I will not continue to go back and forth with you if you cannot see the point I am making and distinguish it from yours. Agree to disagree.

But, again just to be clear and so you don’t think I am trying to be rude: I do agree that morally, the value of human life shouldn’t be measured in years.

I just disagree with your belief that the world views the killing of innocent children differently than the killing of adults - at least not with the big difference you seem to notice there. Maybe that’s the case for really little kids and babies but for example for 15 year old “boys”? I don’t think so…

And you shouldn’t forget that in medieval times a 14 or 15 year old boy was already a man who was trained to fight…

2 Likes

i don’t want this game to go to consoles and waste time, but i accept it because i know warhorse needs the money to justify funding, and make good their obligation to their investors.

same situation here. you cannot have everything perfect, sacrifices have to be made. not being able to kill children will have zero effect since i don’t plan to do it anyway. and modders will unlock it soon enough, just like they did for skyrim, just like they’ll do here, and nudity mods, and other nonsense that ads little content to the game.

1 Like

There were children in Skyrim???

Killing adults will also have zero effect and I don’t plan to do it anyway as well apart from story missions where I’m forced to do so…that’s not really an argument, imo. Then you should just disable the possibility to kill innocent people in general.

1 Like

Just something to think about: in medieval Bohemia approx. 50% of the population was younger than 15 years. That would mean that you would be able to just kill 50% of the people or less… :wink:

Warhorse already said that you will be able to kill almost everyone. That means either

a) You will be able to kill children.
b) There will be much less children than there historically should be.

Which is more harmful to their realistic vision? :wink:

1 Like

Well, you should read criminal code of any civilized country. Crimes on children are always punished more. And that’s just a tip of an iceberg. It’s not matter of opinion that hurting children is almost everywhere considered worse than hurting adults, it’s a fact quite easy to prove.

2 Likes

or maybe you cannot kill children, as they’ve said already. it has to do with ratings boards and not getting banned, nothing to do with morality bs.

1 Like

Exactly. You will find yourself in the Hague for recruiting a child in a army.

It doesn’t matter that children were in armies in the 14th of 15th century because we don’t live in that time. My point was that it would damage the game without a doubt because here, today, in our real world, society does make a distinction regarding crimes against adults vs. children.

There is no arguing this because, as you said, it’s easily proven.

If someone can’t see that the killing of children in a game will receive more negative attention than blood and gore, sex, nudity, or killing adults, there’s not much point in continuing the argument, is there? :wink:

1 Like

That doesn’t say anything tbh. So killing women is allowed because it’s punished less in real world? So you can be bad but only so bad?

Let’s take another example: what’s seen worse in real world? A mass murderer (like Breivik e.g.) or someone who killed a 10 year old child? I don’t know. Both are evil. But apparently most people here seem to agree that it’s not a problem to be the former one in the game but a huge (societal) problem to be the latter…that seems strange to me tbh…

2 Likes

Of course there is. The discussion doesn’t just end because you think you’re right… :smiley:

And by that I don’t mean I’m against it in a game. I’d actually rather have it in terms of realism, but I understand a point which you are obviously missing. Warhorse and majority of peaople in here aren’ against because of morality issues, but because it would probably prevent the game from being published in many countries. You want warhorse to make a game which no one could buy??

2 Likes

Just repeating what others already said doesn’t add much new content on you part either.

[quote=“LordCrash, post:80, topic:8554, full:true”]Killing people is all the same basically - in a game and in real world.
[/quote]So, you don’t want to draw the line anywhere. According to your statements there should be no difference between real world and game world. Include everything that’s out there because otherwise we would be just a bunch of whiny little pussies, huh? We need a game which makes us feel manly and potent because we are so desperate and pathetic?

Ok, here we go, off the top of my head let’s look what’s there: pedophilia, necrophilia, misogynistic serial killers capturing, raping and torturing women etc.

Yeah, let’s put it in the game just for the sake of it.
The game would become so real.

3 Likes

No, but it does when it becomes pointless.

Your logic doesn’t make any sense.

You are again confusing the argument. No one said it was allowed because it’s punished less. This statement in and of itself makes no sense at all.

How can something be allowed if it’s punished?

No one as has said “it’s not a problem.” People have said, “it’s clearly defined as a bigger problem”, which it is. The evidence is everywhere. Just because you ignore it, doesn’t mean it’s not there.

You can argue with me all you want, but you are wrong :smile:

It’s not that I think I am right, I am!

Show me only one “civilized” country in which a game gets banned because you’re able to kill children… It would get an adult only/18+ rating in most countries of course but that’s it. And probably it will get that rating anyway…

1 Like

You don’t even understand my arguments, so don’t dare to judge on me…

@Cerberus
Tbh I could live more with a game in which you can’t kill any innocent person after all. That would make more sense than not being able to kill children in a world in which 50% of the population are children on many levels… :wink:

1 Like

Still missing the point and using straw man arguments above that. No one said that killing adults is ok. We are talking about society and rating agencies views on these things.

1 Like

I’m not judging you, I am judging your statements, which make no sense and ignore reality.

If you think I am being personal, you are mistaken.

Overall, I agree there is no moral distinction if one truly follows the definition of morality.

But it’s to ignore the facts to argue that child murder isn’t held in an entirely different category than nudity, blood and gore, or even murdering adults.

I do so as well. But I see it’s pointless to discuss the topic any further since you refuse to openly talk about it.

And just for your information: I used something called “rhetorical question”. That doesn’t mean that someone really thinks different. It’s used to broaden a view on a certain topic. But of course only if you want to… :wink:

@LaHire
I indeed disagree that child murder is an entirely different category than nudity. Some or even many people would see it worse of course, but that’s just a bit down the scale. It’s not something like “this is an absolute no-go” or someting. I just don’t think so. It’s not how I experience society. But maybe that also depends on your environment and the society you live in and you personal viewings. But I’m for example quite sure that some forms of nudity or sexual content is even seen worse in some societies or among certain groups than child murder (in games of course)…

1 Like

australia, germany, probably more

I don’t think so tbh. But I can’t tell for sure.