Will there be third person view?

its just hard to believe they actually wanna take away a point of view camera that its so important for RPG to enjoy it because they wanna forced everyone to play as they were inside the game, thinking well we wanna make a realistic game so first person its close to reality right? wrong. now days you still cannot compare the immensity of your vision in the real world to a first camera view in a game, not even close you literary feels like your looking from a photography machine to take a picture, and I believe if you say that still enjoy and rp the game that way but the problem is that they donā€™t wanna give both options to the players

some claim its gonna take away the uniqueness of the game, the only uniqueness I see is a promising great rpg open world game with the uniqueness of lack 3rd person view and waste of work as it wont satisfy as much players it should, now if you come out and say we are not good enough to make a third person decent, we donā€™t wanna exposed that, I would be convinced because thatā€™s the only reason I see for them to do that on this situation

look at the big rpg games they all third view and some not even have first view as its so obvious thatā€™s the way to make a RPG realistic, you donā€™t have to point my camera view in the eyes of the character to make it real, I can think of that and watch it, or better I can have both ways, but apparently we wont

How exactly would you guys implement that limited view with visor down in 3rd person? Really curious about that :smiley:

limited view with visor down in 3rd person?

War of the Roses before they shut down. You could play in 1st and 3rd person. In the image provided, this is the 3rd person of what it looks with the visor down. (I believe this is for the barbute given its T shape, so it is constantly what your character, and therefore you, would see)

how immersive hehe :smiley: Naah, fuck that, just deal with it guys. There is no 3rd person, and no crying will change that at this point.

Maaaybe if it isnĀ“t too problematic, someone may mod it in, but who knowsā€¦

1 Like

God i miss that game. So many fond memories of fucking around on London Tournament, shooting at people from inside the building, and laughing my ass off as everyone in the duelling area attacks the nearest archer thinking it was them.

1 Like

Really wish they hadnā€™t shut it down. It was a great game with loads of potential that the developers simply skipped over with Kingmaker and thatā€™s it.

1 Like

I liked it to but unfortunately with a lot of cheaters after a while.

You as a human can see your back without any tools? I mean as a brown owl I can do it, but a human being astonishing!

Iā€™m going to say you think I want 3rd person. I donā€™t. Itā€™d ruin the game and what we were promised from Kickstarter. However, Tsunamik asked about how 3rd person with visor vision would be implemented (if it ever would be) and I answered with War of the Roses.

2 Likes

Just kidding.

I wouldnā€™t like to play KCD in 3rd person. Iā€™m ok if there would be 3rd person as a option for those how would like it and maybe I would use 3rd person but only to look at my new clothes or armour.

2 Likes

I think the good thing about 3rd person is that you can see yourself. Itā€™s satisfying to see your great armor, your great clothes and the progress you make. Maybe that could be realized with a mirror? Just so you can see your progress.

Hmm, ā€¦ just look into the inventoryā€¦there are you shown with all your armor.

Yes, but people like to see themselves in action, donā€™t they?

But I also agree that first person is better for this game.

1 Like

I mostly like to see over edges and behind my shoulders and to sides, where my enemies are. Iā€™m not fapping on appearance of my character.

:open_mouth: I think youā€™re a liar. I bet you already fapped on the appearance of your character.

I like myself but in that way.

I also have a preference for third person view. Itā€™s got nothing to do with realism. Just a preference. A strong preference.

I was really looking forward to this game. First person only might change my mind.

I guess I could ā€œdeal with itā€. Or I could just not buy it. Juryā€™s still out.

It would have to he truly spectacular for me to want to give up my third person preference.

Why do you prefer third person?

What was that.

Do you sign up to the forums of every game youā€™re half assed considering buying? :smiley:

Jesus where do you even find the time. :smiley: