[WIP] Visored Sallet

So after two weeks of blood, tears, salt and “seum” (french slang for “rage”), I finally manage to understand how to import a new model to the game instead of doing a dirty model swap.

Stay tuned for progress and A FU***NG TUTORIAL (of course)

4 Likes

Progress Report #1 :

The import process is more smooth than I first tough. The texture still look weird at dusk or dawn but mostly because the model is very (very !) high poly. I’ll try to optimise.

I decide to drop for now the bevor 'cause Henry wooble his head too much when he talk to someone.

5 Likes

Dude that looks fantastic. Kudos to you. Hope you upload it to nexus when you’re done. While you’re at it, want to make a sleeveless Templar surcoat and caparison? :smiley: I know it’s anachronistic but I just love the way it looks!

Indeed, awesome work. If you are interested, reworking all ingame bascinets accordingly to that discussion would be amazing :star_struck:

@Vorchaeus : Hope you upload it to nexus when you’re done

Sure ! You have my word (and my sword, my axe, …).

@Vorchaeus : sleeveless Templar surcoat

Feel free to post some references pictures and I’ll take a look

@Vorchaeus : caparison

Horse armor will be a long work. I don’t even know if the feature is properly implemented, plus the import process need a reference object for properly positioning on skeleton. I’ll try something but can’t promise anything.

@serk : reworking all ingame bascinets

That doesn’t seems too hard, I’ll take a look.

There was actually an old mod that did the templar thing, but it doesn’t seem to work anymore. It looked like this:

Here are a couple other pics for flavor. A badass illustration:

From the movie Ironclad:

From the show Knightfall: