Xbox 1.4.3 is here

I’m sorry…I understand your frustration, but I have a hard time sympathizing with you when, as I posted, this was explained by Warhorse in their release statements multiple times.

As to 1.4.3, it’s already loaded into the backend of Steam as of this morning. At this point, they’re done with it except for the testing. Since they know their workflow, its perfectly reasonable for them to give an estimate on when the update is coming. Otherwise, you’re really giving a no-win scenario to them, both clamoring for a release date and then calling them liars in the same breath when they give you one.

You say you love the game, but now you say would wouldn’t play it even if it was fixed…how is that reasonable?

he has a point. the way they are handling patches is horrible. they should stop submitting new ones for console until the disaster that 1.3 caused is fixed. id rather have 1.4 and be able to even play than this stuttering laggy mess. why wasn’t this handled 2 weeks ago? I can honestly see this going on for months if they keep releasing new small patches, delaying the previous ones.

1.4 broke the game I read and made the story unplayable and then 1.41 or 1.42 fixed that but made them start from a save before 1.4 which many had over written

Do you really want them to release those broken patches for console now and then wait for the fixes. We are going to be waiting regardless so I’d rather wait in a time period where I don’t have the main quest broken

1 Like

Some console players have very few issues if any, regardless of it being an xbox or playstation. Others, like me, cant get past the screen shake and other numerous bugs. I’ve played on my xbox one and my 1X. I’m not lying when I say I’ve restarted multiple times with each new patch and still cant get past the bugs. Almost 80 hours of what I call “practice” for when the game is actually playable for me on my console. So, we all know what the real problem is here. Its tough to squash bugs and it takes time to submit patches for cert to consoles, especially xbox. And time is money. So I’ll just come out and say it. I want Warhorse to spend some of the money we gave to them in good faith that their gem of a game would be worth it and ramp up their appreciation of why they were even able to make this game in the first place. I want them to work harder on fixing the console version, and if they cant do it in a reasonable timeframe, hire more people. It not as simple as just throwing money at this, but on some levels it is.

I said the game was shelved until it worked, never said I wouldn’t play it if fixed. Get it right if you’re going to offer a rebuttal. You excuse the current state of the game, defend it with info that has little to no relevance to the state of the console version, and then state that I said something I never did.

Has 1.43 released on steam yet? No. I understand whats been loaded and what that indicates. But we’ve seen test builds loaded into steam many times before. It doesn’t mean the console version is close behind. It means it should be.

Goal of the patch is to give users the most recent and most stable patch as fast as possible.
This also means, that we could have given an outdated patch (1.4) to console users even faster, but the most recent version would have been delayed much more. We didn´t wanted to do that.
The reason is, that the certification process takes a while, around 6-10 days presumably. certification stopps immediately as there is a new update, and start again from beginning with the update. Because there is no use to test an outdated version. As we are pushing out the fixes faster than certification right now, there is no use to give 1.4.2 or the previous patches into certification, they would stop the process and start again with the certification process with the new update. I expect 1.4.3 to pass our own QA this week, probably tomorrow. As soon as this is done, the Patch will be send to Deep Silver.
Deep Silver will test it for 1-3 days, then give it to certification to Sony and Microsoft.
We have no ability to upload the patches to console on our own, we have to go the way over Deep Silver and the Console owners.

Your critique about the confusiong communication on the other hand is very valid, I need to work on that and work clother together with Rick, which was difficult in the last couple of days because of PAX East. A mistake in communication which shouldn´t have had happened.

1 Like

The estimate is reasonable. The communication is muddled. Daniel himself tweeted about the console package coming off of 1.4.2, not 1.4.3.

1 Like

Again, thank you for the response. I will continue to think twice about how I post my feedback in this forum and others to show that although I’m pretty peeved over this, my goal is positive change for us all to enjoy KC:D more.

1 Like

I just have a question about the test process. Do they test this on Xbox or do they use a dev kit? I know some of us have different problems. From PC xbox and PS4. Or is this something you know?

Communication and project planning have not gone well. Look at pre-Easter comm for 1.4. Etc

I have no issue whatsoever with bunching. If WH is going to bunch, tell us in advance or when decision reached. Pre-Easter 1.4 to WH tweet about 1.4.3 bunching … doesn’t feel like timely comm about change of plans. That Daniel tweeted a different message (re 1.4.2 bunching) underscores this sentiment

Is DS testing new? If so, glad to hear!

1 Like

Thank you for the acknowledgement.

With any human endeavor, mistaken happen DrFusselpulli! It’s what the business does in response to the mistakes that restores or undermines the faith of clients.

You being here and clarifying restores.

2 Likes

@frelmedieval
No, communication was true to what we knew to this time.
1.4 was given to certification, but we noticed serious bugs with the vanilla 1.4 version, which needed to be fixed as soon as possible. This stopped the certification process.

Yes, Deep Silver, Microsoft and Sony are testing everything what we give them. That´s what is leading to the time difference in the upload of the patches compared to PC.

@diarbkiller
For XBox One we have only dev-kits as far as I can see. For PS4 we have dev-kits and normal PS4.
I don´t know about Deep Silver, Microsoft and Sony.

1 Like

@DrFusselpulli I’m well aware of MS and Sony certification/qualification testing. The DS bit is news

Cert process for 1.4 stopped. Implicitly it’s obvious due to 1.4.1 hotfix. But, where are the tweets indicating cert for 1.4 or 1.4.1 stopped? Each PC version rolled out gets template text of ‘console users be aware of cert delay of x days.’ Implicitly one could’ve guessed WH was going to do this (bunch under 1.4.2 or 1.4.3) but console users never got as far as I can tell a comm indicating cert stopped.

This lack of explicit comm is precisely why you and I see so many ‘status of 1.x for console/XB/PS4’ forum postings!

1 Like

I know sometimes the dev kits have more power than the normal systems. Could this cause a issue?

@diarbkiller That seems to be PC centric testing model. If true, a bit frustrating as a trip thru Rattay (vanilla PS4) is always a pop-in/texture mystery: this time will the bridge not render, the upper castle, or the townspeople until I pause or am right on them

@DrFusselpulli This is why I find Daniel’s graphics test tweets to be :zipper_mouth_face:. It’s not a functional use case. Record a race thru Rattay, then tell me about the pop-in/texture assessment along with the PC graphics metrics

1 Like

I just wish they would test the game on the og systems because not everyone has a X or a pro. Or a 1080ti.

1 Like

So have you guys managed to fix the camera stuttering bug in any of the recent patches?

OK, come on now. No one from Warhorse ever told us cert for 1.4 on consoles stopped due to serious bugs being present in the vanilla version. And I get why, its a business decision and the studio (or whoever decides how the studio is allowed to publicly act) decided it was more detrimental to their bottom line (aka bank accounts and ip equity) to openly state that a version was sent to cert with serious bugs in it for consoles than it was to own up to the mistake. But screw it, lets give the PC community what they want because they can use console commands and mods to undue our massive oversight. Never mind the many pc players who will get corrupted game saves and lose hours of play progress. Never mind that a substantial part of the console community is left high and dry again.

Dude, and I say dude as a dude with a enough business knowledge and experience to only work 20 hours a week remotely managing my current company, which allows me a ton of time to hike, travel, and play videogames for as long as I want. Here is an unedited preview of what’s heading to the other social media platforms today:

WarHorse Studio’s, and any entity financially backing WarHorse Studio’s, this is what is looks like to lose future profits. The product you released has serious problems preventing a large amount of your install base from building a positive experience with it. Nearly two months later, game breaking bugs are preventing a sizeable amount of Xbox and PlayStation players from making progress. While the nature and scope of your open-world sandbox rpg is expected have bugs similar to every other attempt made by any studio in this genre, the mishandling of information regarding when the consoles are receiving updates, and the lack of transparency as to why these updates are being delayed has reached a critical level in the mind of at least one of your fans. I am now spending more time actively posting my complaints about your product than I am playing it.

While others may defend your release of Kingdom Come Deliverance with comparisons to the state of The Elder Scrolls and Fallout series upon release, I refuse to put your company on the same level. I wanted to fall in love with WarHorse like I once did with BioWare and KOTOR or Naughty Dog with Uncharted. I believed you when you made Kickstarter promises and forgave you when a good deal of them never materialized. I supported you vocally during the first month after launch despite being unable to complete most of the game on xbox one and 1X. I even purchased the Steam version, along with a new video card and PSU to bring my pc up to par with your graphically astounding game. I wanted to enjoy KC:D so much that I justified spending more than one thousand dollars to do so in the best possible state that I could afford.

Now, nobody forced me to spend that much, and I doubt your game will be the precipitating factor for many others to do as I have. It was my choice. I am not the victim of my own circumstance. And now its time for the big reveal to my blathering…

WARHORSE STUDIOS IS NOT A VICTIM OF THEIR OWN CIRCUMSTANCE. THEY CHOSE TO RELEASE IN THE STATE THEY DID, AND NOW ITS TIME TO REPAIR THE DAMAGE.

Its true that WarHorse ran out of funding for their game, and they were forced to decide between releasing it the way it was or potentially never at all. I am still a vocal proponent of their decision to release it. It was the right move for a studio who has their passion and commitment to the project. They’ve shown a great deal energy in releasing patches for PC and attempting to patch the console versions, all while replying to posts in their official forum, Reddit, and Twitter. Nobody wants this game to succeed more than they do. So, instead of calling for a boycott of this game until the studio fixes their consoles version, I’m going to go the exact opposite direction.

Kingdom Come Deliverance is amazing but seriously needs our support, and by that I mean it needs anyone on the fence about this game to buy it now, regardless of the bugs. It’s become painfully obvious that Warhorse Studio’s lack of capital is a primary reason for the delay in patches still needed to fix game breaking bugs, especially on consoles. Its also possible that the studio and its investors fail to fully understand how much complaining an unhappy person does versus a satisfied one. And I am certain there are many more complex reasons why “fixing” KC:D is harder than simply hiring additional staff or keeping the complainers (like myself) quarantined. Whatever it takes, I hope the diamond in the rough that is Kingdom Come Deliverance emerges in the near future as a polished gem worthy of praise, because right now I’m more concerned about that diamond cracking in half before it really shines.

Opinions like mine can help your sales if you address them properly, hurt your future sales if you ignore them, or do nothing and anything between. I can’t say what effect this will have on WarHorse Studios, if any effect at all. I will say a good business model doesn’t make a business succeed, but bad management will almost always make a good idea fail until managed properly.

I’ll end on my heaviest opinions:

1. Whoever is handling the PR for this game should either be fired or retrained, preferably the latter. (I like you Rick, but damn it took you two months to refund me when I had beta access on PC, and I’m still advocating for you to be the one to turn this around!)

2. Go take your CFO out to a nice lunch and thank them for the constant anxiety they must be under, then have an outside company audit your finances. Either the CFO needs some help or should be completely replaced. When a company doesn’t have the funds to properly support their ONE AND ONLY PRODUCT TO DATE, its time to start asking some hard questions and making tough decisions.

3. Take away Dan Vavra’s Twitter access until a patch is ACTUALLY released that doesn’t screw up your game worse than before. Tell him I won’t take his beard seriously until he starts living up to his words. I’d rather him be completely silent until something actually happens at this point. Either follow through on your words, or stop saying them, and once he’s actually followed through in the ways he said he would (a few times), then maybe, MAYBE he should start speculating about future DLC and “wish-lists”. Until then he’s more like my dreamer kid who would rather draw designs for a dump truck with wings than actually take out the trash as requested.

4. Please take this as tough criticism from a huge fan. I’m going to take a ton of shit for posting my thoughts here and elsewhere, and I’m going to continue to take a ton of shit for continuing to post until I see movement I consider positive. I am not your average player, and I have more time to pursue this than the average person, but I do speak for all your average player base. We remember how you treat us, what your say, and what you fail to live up to. We will buy many more games in our lives, and whether or not we continue buying your games directly relates to how much we receive from you. And how much we receive from you, whether chicken before the egg or not, directly affects how much we believe in you, Jesus Christ be Praised!

6 Likes

H-uh…well said. :+1: