XBox One 1.2 patch

I can understand the frustration about the waiting for patches quite well, and I am sorry that the game was released in a state were it is not playable for some people. We wish we would have had more time in development to make thinks better as they are right now.
But the “absolute lack of communication” isn´t true. I have posted in several threads, as well as in this one, about the actual situation and what will be done about it in the near future, you know what is comming up because of our communication.

3 Likes

I have a question regarding the xbox one x version of the game. Is the pop in we see a result of lowered graphical settings to get the game to run at 30 fps or is it a bug ? Because that needs to be addressed and fixed in an update.

1 Like

Yes, you are basically true, but I have to say again, you are the very first person speaking specifically aboux xbox and answering questions regarding xbox, but you are only there, on the forums, while your social media channels were posting only general. Yes, your twitter account is replying (after long time, but it is understandable as it is release time) but mostly “we don’t know” and for example my question, if you are aware about the corrupting save files on other platforms (which has later patches than Xbox) is still unanswered and I am only afraid it comes with the next patches to Xbox …
But what we (xbox players) are still missing, is some official statement about the current situation which is getting worse with every hour without patch. It is nice, that you (personally) told us more here, but it is only on the forum, why is it not spreaded on your Twitter? That’s why people are coming there (or to Reddit or other social media channels) and arguing about the situation, because we still know nothing (as John Snow). That’s why there was the day one patch plain fiasco when we were told not to play without day one patch at first and it took days (!) for WH to say, oh, you already have the day one patch on Xbox. Then comes the information about the release of the patch on friday from Deep Silver on Eurogamer, then comes another wave of your customers arguing oh, where is it while other platforms have more patches released. Any other patches coming to other platforms is simply adding more fuel to the fire and our patience. We want to believe you, but it is harder and harder.
You really can’t hide behind Deep Silver at this moment, even if you have done everything on your side correctly (if I understand correctly what you are saying). If they are responsible for console patches, they are responsible only to you, because you are the people behind Kingdom Come and if they are making bad name to your game, you should do something more about it, because otherwise you can’t be surprised about the angry console players, bad reviews, people wanting a refunds etc. …
“ASAP” and “soon” is not enough if it means a week without any other information, if we all know, that patch takes probably 5 days in MS review and company responsible for console ports said that next patch comes on (last) friday …
But again, THANK you for everything, nobody from WH has given us anything usable until you’ve come there!

@Hazelnus I hope it is a bug and not a wanted result. Otherwise I don’t count this as X1X enhanced, unless if “Xbox one X enhanced” means the very bad textures as on any other console in bigger resolution (read as : the low textures are much better visible how bad they are, when they actually pop …), than I’d like to say, give us 1080 with better textures. I really think they looks worse than on the original Xbox one (but I have only 1080 TV).

4 Likes

Please reply to specific issues. Patch 1.2 doesn’t seem to be changing that much… What about the constant pop-ins for example?

1 Like

So if you have postet what will be done about the actual situation then just tell me please what you are doin about the patch that is not being released. Maybe i can‘t read but to say „its at deepsilver we dont know anything“ is no actionplan at all. That is not satisfining anyone here. Just get anyone on the phone and clear that thing? If it would be my project I would totaly freak out i guess. And my thought is you guys know very well what is going on, but the truth will piss us more of then you saying „it will be there soon“

We are still working on the game and it will not stay in its current state for long. We are here constantly engaged upon improving Kingdom Come: Deliverance.
We don´t want to blame Deep Silver, the situation is way more complicated here. Deep Silver generously gave us essential support to the development of Kingdom Come: Deliverance, the game wouldn´t exist without their great help. Yes, in some aspects maybe even more help than ideal. From the perspective of the game, a later release date maybe could have been beneficial. But the game was already pushed back in release several times, which was good for its state.

On the other hand, the release date wasn´t unknown for us at Warhorse as well, and better optimization processes in the workflow of the development of the game could have helped too. We were working on it, but we could have done better here. This is very difficult for a new company and a new team, the learning curve is steep here.
Maybe we could have also also cut down our ambitions for the game a bit, more so than we already did. There is no blacksmithing in the game, combat on horseback is made simpler than planned, some of the stretchgoals from the Kickstarter campaign are not available at the release, like the dog companion or a playable female character.
Some Kickstarter backers are angry at us because we don´t offer them printed manuals or a steel case because our budget is very tight and we had to make the difficult decision to better put the money into the development of the game instead to make it as good as possible before the release.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance was about compromises from the beginning. We were always grappling with the tough decisions on how to make the most of our ever changing situation. That’s why we had to go to Kickstarter in the first place, we needed to prove to our Investor that there is a Market for this game because initially all publishers refused to believe our game would be a viable and profitable option.
Just because we had an investor didn’t mean we had endless possibilities. We have been beholden to a tight budget and we had to operate within its borders to make the best out of it. This is our space where we can get creative and develop our ideas and the game.
Kingdom Come: Deliverance was always a game on the edge of possibilities, we were always pushing the limits.

One of the compromisies are that our game was released in the state as it is right now and that to some people means that they have serious problems when playing the game, while for others the game runs well.
Everyone suffers from this situation. Some of you have to deal with bugs right now, some more, some less, and we as the developers had to release a game in a state in which we are not satisfied yet (that’s why we are still working on the patches with eagerness), sometimes personal sacrifices of the team during the development and also our Co-Publisher Deep Silver and our Investor, will have to deal with lower sales than possible from a business perspective.
We at Warhorse are also a business company as well, but Kingdom Come: Deliverance was never just about money, it was about the idea of a realistic medieval RPG, a game with a different approach than other games from the beginning. If we wanted to create a game which gives us the maximum amount of money, it would have lootboxes & microtransactions.
But that was never our goal, and we have to deal with the consequences and make decisions on how to get to our goal at the end, even if that means that it’s not smooth sailing.
But despite all the problems which are there, without question, the game in itself is still a huge success, and most people have an amazing gaming-experience. And we will not stop here, we are not there yet, we will fix the bugs and the crashes, to bring this experiance also to the people who still have problems. Thank you for your support.

17 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it, but that doesn’t change that we were left twisting in the wind for a week. Leaves a bad taste as a consumer. Yes, the game is a huge success, and is providing an incredible experience, just not for us on Xbox! Believe me, I’m very happy for warhorse but you have to understand why it’s irritating as an Xbox owner. There’s little chance that this mystical patch that we’re stuck waiting on will fix the god awful immersion killing pop in. This is easily the worst looking “Xbox one enhanced” game I’ve seen.

5 Likes

Waiting for the next patches to fix the game more in depth before continuing the main quest, but having a blast exploring and training my sword skills. The game is hard but very rewarding. It feels so good to beat cumans with your sword skills. Most of the time i just get my ass kicked though.

A lot of people talk about the game being downgraded, but I think it’s gorgeous.

1 Like

Thank you for your open words. I think you should lead the PR Team at WH :slight_smile: best communication at all chanels is yours Fussel. Kepp it up. We are not easy I know, but this just because we love your ideas, too. We just want to enjoy it like all the others. I hope this day will come in near future for the Xbox community, too. I‘m struggling very hard with myself not to put your game in, every night. But I want to enjoy it when its ready to be enjoyed and playable. So I need to be strong and play AC Origins and Witcher till this date :wink:

6 Likes

Well, pretty soon I’m going to start looking for a refund. I’m 60 hrs deep and bugged to a halt on a main quest. It’s not the bugs that really bother me its to be expected, it’s the money. You knowingly charged people full price for a broken game. I don’t want excuses or to hear whos fault it is. I’ve read it all.

2 Likes

Will the quest bug for An oath is an oath atleast be fixed in the 1.2 patch?

This game finally has broken the stale cycle of RPG’s we have seen of late. Once you get past the bugs and issues and take it for what it really is, the game is a real palate cleanser. As someone who studied game design in college for a while before I changed my major, I can empathize with your situation. Creating the first installment is such a huge undertaking and every game maker I can think of, including the greats like Bethesda and CD Projekt Red encountered similar problems with the first release of their major installments we all have come to love. It’s understandable why people are a bit frustrated but I think given a few more weeks and maybe a month or two this game will really deliver on all of it’s potential. Cheers Warhorse!

4 Likes

It doesnt make a difference now. If you had taken your time, we would have waited another year. Now we also wait a year because the game is in such a bad state. So, no harm done. I’ll try again to play it next year, when bowls and hats don’t pop into existence right in front of me.

2 Likes

Worst game developer ever. this game is not racist it makes you racist. the Hans bug is so intense every morning im afraid that Hans slender man stands next too my bed and im unable to stop the alarm.

can i subcribe somewhere for a patch version update service? So i wont get dissapointed multiple time a day.

This. It really feels like the world is alive, and everything you do has real consequences. Every time I die in a sword fight, I stop playing and think about what I did wrong, have a different approach and make it further.

I really hope this game is successful so that WH can keep making great games like this.
Once patched and optimized this game is going to be a blast. Probably the best RPG I’ve played ever.

2 Likes

Totally agree. Though for now I’m having to decide to wear less armor so I can actually be killed. Really hoping this is one thing they address soon, the weapon damage for Henry needs to be taken down just a tad, somehow. Or armor for enemies just needs to be more relevant.

I absolutely agree!

Can I experience this god-like euphoria before they nerf it please? right now I’m still feeling a little, “Ant, meet boot.”

Just layer your armor to the nines. I found most of mine off dead bandits/cumans and then had it repaired. Plate cuirass, gauntlets and pauldrons, chain chausees, coif and chainmail underneath as well as a decent gambison. And a decent bascinet for my head.

Then I just saved up for a good longsword (cost about 700 groechen). Unstoppable. I don’t even have to use a shield.

My sword cost 1.5 k

Consider yourself flexed on.