Xbox One Graphics

Wish I could buy a Xbox One X and play the game on that instead of the standard Xbox One. It feels like i’m playing with Elderscrolls Oblivion graphics on the Xbox One.

I mean I don’t understand why the graphics are areally that bad on the Xbox One, I mean it’s not like it’s the last gen Xbox 360 we’re using.

1 Like

True! Its graphics are very good. We have also purchased an Xbox live subscription cards to enhance our gaming experience. Visit this page for more info!

Don’t waste your money on a xo. Build you a PC or buy one and see this game in it’s true glory. Modded and running at 4k is spectacular.

I would get a PS4 Pro if I absolutely HAD to buy a console. I have a PS4 and there are great exclusives. God of War is great. You can literally play almost any game you want with a PS4 and a gaming PC. Xbox barely has any exclusives and the ones they do are usually available on PC to my understanding which, well, makes them not exclusives.

2 Likes

Indeed, Matt. I myself didn’t got into a mess when I really wanted a console - i straight up brought PS4. Best!

Yep there are some absolutely must play games on PS4. Uncharted series, God of War, The Last of US are all some of the best games ever made and can only be played on a PS4. If I have a choice I’m going to play it on PC, but I’m not a PC fanboy and can honestly say those are some of the best games ever made. When was the last great xbox exclusive? Gears of War on the 360? Forza?

I’m also a PS Now subscriber so I can literally play just about any single game I want to play at any time.

Id encourage gamers to buy intonwhatevwr their friends are using.

With that being said; real friends dont encourage others to choose anything Microsoft.

It hurt me, for years, missing out on Forza series (and I did enjoy Gears of War for co-op), but with the PS4 Sony really has a strong platform.

Unlike earlier console generations the hardware is the same architecture, with raw strength hands down in Sonys court. Ps Pro is a well thought out marketable product with gamers needs in mind. (Xbox x is a very real threat to consoles demise- it works against established norms for what we buy consoles for- being high cost with little olanned return).

Microsoft are- to the detriment of gamers planetwide- buying fame studios again.
They know exclusives sell and that hampering games to play bad on PC hardware makes their underpowered consoles seem better than they are.
Nothing Microsoft is ‘pro consumer’.
Was reason I had to stop supporting them.
I can only vote with my wallet- but encourage gamers considering a gaming platform whobhave no allegiance to one hardware supplier or another- the consensus is a PC and PS4 get the widest variety of games. Nintendo statistically being in everyones houses - they make for a great alternative console.
Xbox would be the last addition to my household and I be happy to deny it the hdmi slot on the TV. Preferring an apple tv/steam box/chromecast to take its place…

Or a dedicated bluray player (for those with reference TV/monitors).

I had an opp last night to buy an xbox one with game/controllers/headaets for $100. My partner wants a controller (for our PCs) and we saw it as a cheap way to get them.
Fact being that when I bought Forza (for my PC) Microsoft insisted I buy an xbox version of game (helps with their bullshit statistics) so I have the one game Id buy it for anyway… (Ryse and most others being available on PC or PS4)

That being said -pc versions of microsoft exclusives require people to run win10 and the games are generally intentionally gimped to remind us that the console version is better for ‘fun’.
Forza as an example requires online just to run, has an ‘optimise for my PC’ feature which has to run (eg anytime so much as a new driver is installed, something Microsoft now forces on us), during ‘Optimsation’ game is most likely to crash to desktop (intentional), and when you finally get game running it likes to remind players with big warning message flashing over top of screen warning that video card memory is almost full (a number that doesnt vary once utilised eg using 2.5gb on a 3Gb ram video card has a flashing message ingame that is undefeatable.
Console gamers get splitscreen and HDR. PC gamers just get a pain in the arse.
(Things like microsoft constantly changing control inputs so that manual shifters have 1st and 6th gear swapped)
In a couple of years of owning Forza; it never reliably fired up three times in a row and kept settings.

The PC version, by this account, is unplayable.
Forums talking about it are all deleted.
Great one Microsoft!
Cant back up game files, have to be redownloaded, and they glitch often. A 4mb file from MS will fix most issues but instead they get gamers to uninstall and redownload game andbif that doesnt work- uninstall windows and reinstall, then game…
They do this and count all the ‘contact time’(xbox live service) as hours they pass of as xbox one usage (to try and make it sound relevant)
PC version loading off a 1200mb m2 ssd loads no faster than an xbox with a 5400rpm harddrive.
Funny that!

I point it out cause microsofts plan going forward is tobhave more first parties ‘tweaking’ games for superior on xbox gameplay.
So ‘no’, pc isnt a goodplace for xbox exclusives…

But dont support the bastards likes tonnes in the forza forums would (“pc version is shit; gunna get an xbox”)

Sony has a better attitude to customers and developers. It has strengthened with the ps4 platform. They did so much right- spoke with devs and asked everyone what the controller should feel like etc.
Sonys biggest issue is not being able to have easy backwards compatibility (the ps3 had a risc architecture cpu not cisc like present consoles).

As an East vs West thing- most asian development houses push ‘near to the metal’ with first gen titles, unlike many western developers who usually need a few releases to push 100% of the platform. (Excluding first party studios of course)

If microsoft had any interest from Asian cultures their games might counter the darth we are about to receive over next five years where games companies put out ONE TITLE per console platform (microsoft have greatly sped up platform deployments, a thing that previously, being many years between console releases, had second and third gen software reveal true console strengths…)

Sorry for rant- Id be happy to explain in finer detail or expand on any key points. …
Simply-
As a gamer;
Vote with our wallets/go where our friends are (multiplayer)

Support
Nintendo
Sony
PC

If you dont want gaming to continue to be fun and are happy having the worlds largest and worst software company have its way (profit is there only intent- think Electronic Arts), then buy an xbox.
Every subscription service, licensed peripheral and game then nets asshats more money to rob as all again. And empowers them to kill of PC platform etc.

We used to have true 3D sound/dual video card gaming rigs which by default could play movies and even burn music.
Nowadays we have a permanent advertising platform that phones home our every interaction; whilst making everything more difficult to achieve. Whilst giving us abysmal bang for buck performance.

If you want my rant for how the xbox one essentially killed windows- I will get behind a keyboard.

At the end of the day- only uneducated consumers would be dumb enough to choose microsoft.
Rich people (or people with more money than sense) and people with all their friends locked into one platform are only reason to consider microsoft.

The xbox x is the biggest joke- anyone want the rant about how it wont deliver bugger all more than ps4pro?
Next generation game play never happens whilstever we just burn away power/performance increases as just extra resolution.
Real gamers shouldnt touch the X as it i voting for the worst thing to happen to the game industry.

1 Like

Yup, PS4 and pc here, last gen I had all 3, still have my 360 because that had alot of decent exclusives and they weren’t even first party, witcher 2, risen. And more. Now Xbox is dead. The one X is worthless until Microsoft get some decent first party Devs like Sony. What that means is the power of one X is pointless as multi play games won’t be making use out of one X, just the usual higher resolution and stuff, meanwhile on PS4 exclusives are getting every bit of juice out of PS4

By the time Microsoft makes a game with one X in mind, next gen and ps5 will be here, sony are very smart, it’s why they knew they didn’t need to compete with one X. They know it’s pointless.

2 Likes

I’m playing Kingdom come deliverance on my Atari :neutral_face:

1 Like

I agree i own an xbox one X and i don’t think i like the half console upgrades because the one x enhanced game list is actually very limited. One good thing is that there are many backwards compatible games but Microsoft should really think twice about abandoning the traditional console cycles, they go from 1 extreme 8years without any upgrade (xbox 360/ps3) to another (3 years until ps4 pro and xbox oneX). Also these console revisions are only half assed the cpu stayed the same so you don’t get this wow effect anymore. But we are getting off topic here, Warhorse needs to fix the graphics in the next patch for xbox one x and ps4 pro.

1 Like

What was the gap between One and One S (cpu speed bump)?

Three years between consoles going forward? (Best case scenario if M $ present strategy plays out.!..)

Yeah they shut threads down sometimes when the thread just goes off topic…

My apols.

Wiat for optimisation to settle a bit, then refined assets; then bril base game probably around time of dev tools.

Dont knock dev tools… any form of literature or tutorial goes so far with these things.
In an age of youtube clips any one xan code…
Even using base assets+ official expansion- the world of mods for console shall prove rich.

This is the best looking game on console. Just beautiful

1 Like

No not really First party titles look better. It also depends on what standard you use for console. The original 2013 released console or the one X that released November 2017.

Just FYI, the game looks absolutely gorgeous on the XboneX in 4K.

1 Like

I play it on the one X it isn’t in 4k and neither does it look gorgeous.

Is your TV 4K? If not that may be your problem, because I have to agree with @JahneeO it does look pretty darn good, foliage is a bit flat for my liking, but that’s my only complaint (aside from the…obscene lack of male nudity, but that’s just me -_-)

Eh, it’s one x enhanced and my TV has a 4K upscaler, so it may not be true 4K but its better than 1080. I suggest you get a new tv.

Yep. These guys probably need to go for an eye test if they’re saying other games look better. You don’t get this realism with other titles.

Yeah backwards compatibility was a smart move, it’s the one and only thing I like about Xbox, playstation has ps now which is nice to at least have the option to play some games but doesn’t compare to proper backwards compatibility, plus you need good connection and be online two big negatives

That was an advantage to using same architecture cpu/internals… xbox being able to run older xbox titles.

The cell processor in ps3 isnt likely to be emulated on low powered parts so no console can do ps3 ‘emulation’ with any amount of success (uncharted working).
Sony bought gakai for streaming ps3 games and that might suit them on home soil- but rest of the world is simply without.
Ahhh Dragons Crown- stuck running a vita version via a psTV!

Xbox rendition of KCD shouldnt be ‘ugly’; a lot of gamers dont understand the differences between one polygonal game vs full motion video footage.

For what KCD is doing it is phenominal. Does forza 7 have sharper graphics or higher refresh rate? Sure. But it isnt open world/cant go off road. Totally different requirements.

Forza 7 (and other first party titles) were designed knowing every chip available to them- every bottle neck- and various bandwidth limitations- then - first party games are designed from ground up to utilise that.
They might run at 4k but no bodys 4k tv will show it. (On static screens or at half resolution with massive latency, sure)

A few first parties is what we buy xboxs for. Otherwise we are ina bullshit microsoft ecosystem for no benefit.
KCD should have the texture issue sorted shortly (might be nothing more than the equivalent to what KCD is doing on PC with present version- keeps defaulting to lower settings).

The sheer number of polygons and the attention to detail for medieval geometry (love looking at fences and rooflines and water channels etc) KCDs world is amazing.

Sure anygame can render trees.
Many only show them at a distance (eg behind an artificial wall), or there is limited numbers of them (if made complex).
I have never seen a game do foliage better (original crysis maybe). The forrests and complex lighting that KCD can do is the best realised virtual (medieval) world I have ever seen.

The trees have more bend points/the wind is realistic.these forrests are alive and animals flock accordingly…
This would be amazing in low res… but at even 1080p it is a new benchmark for beauty…

1 Like

Yeah I do notice a pretty big drop in quality going from very high to high on foilage quality, mainly textures, there not consistent, you’ll get high Res grass over there and low Res foilage grass over there. I can’t believe some people think the graphics being held back because of consoles, it’s plain to see they went as far as they could. Unless you want 5fps on a 1080.

Texture streaming/asset seems to be a big problem with this game. Play it on a top SSD and you fix pop in but then get horrible lag, like the hard drives can do its job but my GPU can’t do it fast enough. Think that’s my problem as it’s alot better at medium texture setting but I just cannot bare it, it looks like a PS2 game. And that’s what setting consoles use so I understand what they’re saying.

Seems like medium is optimised setting the rest is brute force .