You Favorite RPG Games and Why

Yep I’ve got it… Love that one too… I still need to play through the story part of it. I’ve also got Green Hell but i haven’t really had a chance to play that one much yet.

My top 5 would be:

Runescape
WoW
Destiny 2
Guild Wars 2
The Elder Scrolls

I like to play my rpgs online.

I’m also a blogger, and I’ve written a short article about these five gems, if you have some spare time, please have a go at it. <3

Best MMORPG experiences one can partake in

For me, it’s the Two Worlds series, especially Two Worlds 2. I can hardly wait for Two Worlds 3, that should be coming out sometime in 2020. The Elder Scrolls series, especialy Oblivion and Skyrim come in a close 2nd place. KCD comes in 3rd place, only because it lacks unlimited saves, which ruins and makes the game unplayable, for me anyway. Lastly, the Mount & Blade series and the Hitman series would be my 4th and 5th place choices.

I’m assuming you’re playing on PC because you mentioned mount and blade, so you know KCD has an unlimited saves mod that is extremely easy to install right?

Of course, but it’s not stable and until then, it’s a no go for me. And yes, I’m a PC only player and have been for 25 years.

It is stable. I’ve been using that mod since I’ve had the game and it’s always worked.

Not according to Warhorse or DrFusselpulli, as it may cause broken quests or perks not to work properly, especially, with each new patch. I’ll go with their assessment and not risk it. I’ve waited a year and I can wait another year, if need be. Thanks anyway!

I haven’t had that issue, but understand your decision… cheers

1 Like

I’m now playing isometric RPGs for the first time: Baldur’s Gate, Planescape Torment, Icewind Dale, Pillars of Eternity, Tyranny.

Add to the list - fallout, fallout 2, konung, expeditions: conquistador and expeditions: viking (these are short though)

2 Likes

Thanks, I will watch a short gameplay and add them to the list. There are some others like “Divinity Original Sin”, but this franchise looks not good for me.

I love the original fallouts, planescape torment, baldurs gate 1 and 2 but I just couldn’t get into divinity original sin 1 or 2 for some reason.

One that I did like recently is spellforce 3 soul harvest. It’s a top down rpg but also combines a little base building and strategy game play.

similar feeling about DOS2. not sure why.
felt a lot like Ultima III from many years ago with way better graphics, crafting, etc but just not enough to keep me until the end.

Yeah it’s weird how that works. I know it’s a good, well made game, but for whatever reason I couldn’t enjoy it. I wanted to too… I think I’ve tried to start a new game on 3 or 4 separate occasions and will probably try again one day lol.

This is only my personal opinion, but I found mines is similar to Techgara’s one.
Diablo 3
Persona 5
Ni no Kuni 2
Kingdom Hearts 3
Especially in Diablo 3, you dont have to stuck as a Mage, Fighter, Thief, or Jew (a class which grants you the jew-jitsu fighting style - no, I’m not kidding) as throughout the game you can learn whichever skills you want and tailor the New Kid to be exactly the hero you have in mind. You know, if you imagine 2D kids when you hear the word ‘hero’. Characters from the TV show fight alongside you, although you can only saunter around with one of them at a time, and as long as you’re ok with tons of inside jokes and the odd magical fart attack, The Stick of Truth will delight for hours on end.

What do you think about “Torment: Tides of Numenera”?

I’ve been thinking about getting Spellforce 3, but heard some mixed opinions on it. I loved DOS 1 and 2, POE 1 and 2, all 3 of DA series, basically, I need a good story. Does Spellforce 3 have it? Is it worth a buy?

Diablo 3 isn’t RPG, guys.

1 Like

I also want Spellforce 3. It’s a mix of RPG and real time simulation. What I absolutely like by watching gameplay is the world design.

Played Spellforce 3 for almost 12 hours before I left for good. I liked the world in the first few missions as well, but I got quite lost later. BVery shallow story, bad design… maybe if I had more time I would finish it, but now I just don’t care at all.

Also, from the completed achievements it looks like many ppl never played (returned?) the game right after they bought it. First achievements are quite easy to get, but ± half of the ppl never touched them… weird.