You Favorite RPG Games and Why

the best RPG game i have played is no doubt DIABLO II, a classic and i dont think i need to tell why if you are a true fan of rpg games.

Play “Divine Divinity” but notice that all digital versions, even when they are called “Enhanced Edition” with a higher version number are based on a bugged beta source code, because the final code got lost. The final and most polished version is the 1.0034A you can find on DVD re-releases. And don’t force higher resolutions than 1024×768 which is the one the game was designed for.

Have you tried PUBG on the android?
I didn’t play game son the android, as I am PC gamer.

Tell me, what game or games got a great story in an open game world?

Due to the fact that “Silent Hill” is not really open world I would say “Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture” & “The Vanishing of Ethan Carter” are two examples. We have to differ between great story and great story telling. The best story would be boring if it got told bad. But a game can make a bad story really interesting if it got told right. “Gothic”, “Risen” and “Elex” are open world games with great story telling, even when the story itself is conventional RPG standard. Nothing really special or important. If you want the best stories and the best story telling, then play “Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs” or “SOMA” and even “The Cat Lady” is a pure masterpiece of professional story telling. But these games are not open world. If you want a RPG with a really great story, there is none.

Ever heard of Mass Effect 1-3, System Shock 2, or Planescape Torment? There are plenty of RPG’s with great stories.

2 Likes

Not what I mean with “great”.

My most favorite is Planescape: Torment. It’s also one of my fav games beside Homescapes that I have downloaded from apknite, etc.

1 Like

My most favorite is “Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs” developed by real scientists at the University Portsmouth. Dan Pinchbeck is one of the best story writers next to Mikael Hedberg and Thomas Grip. It’s the best story telling from all games. “SOMA” is the second here. But this are not an open world game. Here I definitely pick “Gothic”.

Did you like A Machine for Pigs better than a Dark Descent?

My lover is Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs, I fell in love with it by surprise. My friend sent me a video on fb2mate about it, you know, love at first sight

No, The Dark Descent is better, but A Machine For Pigs has a better story and story-telling which was the topic.

Only as side note for other users,
Amnesia or SOMA were Survival horror games and not RPGs!

Yes, that should be clear. But survival not really. Only horror.:wink:

I thought Dark Descent was better as well. I was actually kind of disappointed by a Machine for Pigs, not that it’s bad or anything, I was just really hyped for it.

Both are masterpieces even when Machine For Pigs has some disappointments. In the story it’s even better than Dark Descent.

Yes, the genre is something that I’ve learned to hate a lot in the last few years, survival, grrr :confounded::smile:

You have to survive in the game when you mean this.

I love open world survival games. I’ve been playing the Forest since about 2014 and I don’t think I’ve ever once actually started looking for that damn kid lol. Just build stuff and see how long I can survive. It never get’s old.

Then you should play “The Long Dark”.