Young NPC's should be added to game. Babies, Children, Teens

Just made my day

Don’t get me wrong, I too would have preferred to see street urchins to avoid while I ride up streets at full gallop, having them picking my pockets, etc.

But I suppose devs needed to make hard decisions on where to put staff time resources to get the game released. Adding children would have been a considerable effort if done correctly (if you know anything about modelling, animation, AI behaviour, etc.) rather than just have them standing around. Well, even having kids just hiding behind mom’s dress would have been better than nothing, but then the complaints…

It’s like TPV, if WH had decided on TPV, and there was much heated debate in it’s favour, it would have meant improving a lot of animations for the player. Try the TPV mod and walk around off the horse, it’s laughable how ‘Henry’ moves.

Children and pets would add really good immersion to the game.
I love KCD! But the population environment feels a bit ‘barren’ without kids.

Personally, I don’t see any problem with non-essential /or ‘killable’ children in game.
It’s a game, and it’s not a kid’s game if I understand this correct.
And there are town guards and laws KCD.

But I do understand that would need a whole lot of work to implement, and that it would make some ppl upset.

I would absolutely endorse a population DLC (=

Totally agree this would help immersion. I miss fallout 1&2 for these reasons.

Though you could help or be as bad as you wanted to literally anyone. And you could use your VATS system to shoot someone in the groin. All that disappeared because of our sensitive culture. Agreed Media would have a field day, Warhorse would likely get a ton of negative press and banned from sales outlets.

Sucks

But it’s reality

And those Mature Gamer ratings never did anything to keep non adults from getting games. So that wouldn’t do anything either.

Still. I’d take invincible kids and a greater variety of NPCs than not. Does make for a more realistic world.

1 Like

Basically Americans want to be able to kill children, but do not want any swearing or any nudity and sex.
Europeans don’t want children that can be killed. But do want swearing, nudity and sex.

It is the same with TVshows.
American Shows made for the networks (so not HBO, Netflix and similar) have no issue with a lot of violence. but nudity and swearing is problematic.

European TVshows limit the violence, but not the nudity and sex.

4 Likes

It’s not that Americans like killing children; they like killing and violence. Children are incidental to the larger project

1 Like

Maybe someday globalization will produce Ameripeans.

It’s not necessary but it’d be nice for a rp and social aspect. Obviously they won’t be able to be killed if they were added.

I am American and I do not want to kill children. However, I DO want swearing, nudity, and as much sex as we can get away with. Do not mistake the opinions of the highly vocal minority for the will of the mostly silent majority.

1 Like

I don’t want to kill children, anymore than killing off an entire village. I don’t see the difference.
People say better in virtual than in real life. Do they have that urge to kill off virtual people?

Same with nudity. I am fine with some sex and nudity but people who likes nude mods that make all women walk around nude need to have themselves checked by a doctor.

There is no morals involved here, just whether those people desire it or not. Personally I do not want to, have no desire to, do not want to play a role of, imagine/dream myself as a murderous guy. No morals involved here I simply have no desire to.

The people who forbid such things are often the people who live what they want to forbade!

rex, familia et ultio!

Primitive diagnose! Mods are about creating possibilities and things that do not seem possible.
And people who are humiliated by women are maybe living this in their own (lonely) way.

If your poor argument is simply throwing it back as if it were a reflection of our own lives, well, you are wrong then and your argument is weak as it is boneless. I do not live a lonely real life you imagine, no more than I see any world history or fiction with a particular gender known for not wearing anything.

If it is all about possibilities, well yea sure. There are people who stack mods to make the game as realistic as possible, and there are those who mod the graphics into potato just for the fun of mod possibilities. Unfortunately nude mod is an immersion for many. For a game that strikes for realism, perhaps that’s the reality you people wanna realize. Well good for you that you can realize it in the game cos it is NEVER gonna happen in real world.

Good for you if that is the world you like to immerse in. Just say it then, why be ashamed and claim it was all for the fun of modding? Just say that is the world you like to immerse in :slight_smile:

Do you have any evidence of this claim you’ve made probably a dozen times now?

Absolute horse shit. Full blown nudity is not allowed on networks generally, but there is plenty of swearing and sex in American TV.

The goals posts (sensitivities) have shifted over time (Carlin’s Seven Words You Can Never Say on Television, NYPD Blue fine for nudity; Janet Jackson breast reveal at Super Bowl, etc). Nevertheless, from the American side:

Federal law prohibits obscene, indecent and profane content from being broadcast on the radio or TV.

Obscene content does not have protection by the First Amendment. For content to be ruled obscene, it must meet a three-pronged test established by the Supreme Court: It must appeal to an average person’s prurient interest; depict or describe sexual conduct in a “patently offensive” way; and, taken as a whole, lack serious literary, artistic, political or scientific value.

Indecent content portrays sexual or excretory organs or activities in a way that does not meet the three-prong test for obscenity.

Profane content includes “grossly offensive” language that is considered a public nuisance.

Broadcasting obscene content is prohibited by law at all times of the day. Indecent and profane content are prohibited on broadcast TV and radio between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m., when there is a reasonable risk that children may be in the audience.

Let them get crap from media. Shit on the media. Make your game with killable children and basta! Let the media cry!!! A good game has its own strong vision and should give a fuck on the media.

Keeping in mind that this is a startup company that’s already doing something different. No doubt they’re reluctant to shoot themselves in the foot. From what I can tell, they needed to go the kickstarter rout because there was some doubt that enough people would have an interest in buying an historical game to begin with.

@savvym said something that got me thinking about Bannerlord and something i saw… anyhow, here it is:

WHAT DO YOU CURRENTLY WORK ON?
“Currently my main focus is on the Children feature we’ve recently announced. To be more specific, the transition of babies into childhood and children into adulthood, where they will be positioned, how the player will interact with them etc.

The babies are supposed to take over the role of your main character after he dies, so this is pretty cool feature.

Yes I also thought that adding different wildlife such as wolves would be cool. You could have a quest to hunt own wolves that attacked a farmers Livestock. Other things such as ducks would be cool. Also would like to see some people travel by ox and cart or noblemen traveling by horse back. Also thought some cuman encounters on horse back would be cool or soldiers. I know somehow Matthew and Fritz each got horses and rode out on them back to the Tavern in the Glade after the quest to rob the Quarrymen of their Money. Also would like to see a few cats…and a wider variety of types of dogs.

1 Like

Where did you get THAT idiotic idea from? Kids are vulnerable to disease, cold temperaturs and generally in many cases more fragile than grown adults, and clothing is a vital element of making sure yur kids survive!
It was more important to clothe your kids, than it was to clothe yourself!
As kids were usually more than one per family and grow relatively fast, it was common though, to keep the clothes one grew out of, and have the younger siblings inherit them.
Also, very small children, toddler etc. usually had clothes more resembling long dresses (including boys!) that were more forgiving in terms of fitting an ever rapidly growing kid.

Homes didn’t have central heating, either.

1 Like