Quest has a dialogue-related bug

Pretty to simple to do:

Don’t talk to anyone before talking to the innkeeper. When you do, choose the option “What happened between you two?” and Henry will ask: “What happened between you and Jerry?”, although that person was never mentioned before. It also happens on other occasions, where the name is actually never mentioned, yet Henry, who doesn’t know anyone, comes up with the name.

I don’t know if that’s already implemented but the triggered dialogue text should depend on the information you have. So for this example it would either trigger “What happened between you two?” if I don’t know the name yet or “What happened between you and Jerry?” if you know the name.

Those details may not make a big difference as of now, but will be later on really complicated the more information dependencies you have. So you need to plan those dialogues ahead or work on a system, that can handle those dependencies.

One good example would be the end of Telltalegame’s The Walking Dead Season 1. I don’t spoiler anything, but there’s that kind of dialogue happening, which only triggers specific dialogues depending on how you played the game.

1 Like

I noticed this too. It was rather odd that I spoke to the fisherman before talking to jerry and my opening line is “your friend sends me”

This two dialog glitches are the reason, for searching an optimum way, to solve the quest.
Look here and here.
Because you have not every talk option after starting the quest “in the middle”.

The right order is: Jerry - Fisherman(Talbot) - Marianne

Already got a response from the master of disaster:

I’m not talking about the options. I’m talking about what’s said when you choose the options.

1 Like

I understand the difference.
On my first run I meet Marianne and talked to her. After the dialog I thought “who the fu*k” is Jerry I´am talking about.

It´s the same when start the dialog and you agree (without talking anythig else)

On the second run I talk to the fisherman first. “Your friend send me”! ?? Hej?? I have no friend! :wink:

–>Now I tried it again(and again) and there is “How are you?” only. This is correct!
Maybe the “start game” again bug…<–

There are other “dialog” bugs in the quest.
Try this:
Start a new game.
Go to the fisherman. The talk option appears. (Don´t talk)

Go to the bailiff and talk to him (And agree!).

Go back to the fisherman. There is no talk option!!

(You can talk to Marianne. Back to fisherman; no talk option!)

Go to Jerry and talk.

Go to the fisherman. Now you have the talk option again!

Start a new game
Go to the fisherman. The talk option appears. (Don´t talk)
Go to the bailiff and talk to him (And disagree!).

Go back to the fisherman. You could talk!
Go to the bailiff and talk to him (And agree!).

Go back to the fisherman. There is no talk option!!

After talking to Jerry you can talk to Talbot again.

When talk to Marianne you have only one try. Talk to her and agree (or disagree), after that there is no talk option to her (->only at the end when finished the quest). You can´t ask more questions.
For me it´s a bug.

This gliches are for me the reason to start searching for the right order.

In this order fits the dialog (and you have more options to talk - at Marianne) :smiley:

Now I found the wrong context (again).

Start a new game.
Go to Jerry and talk with him. But don`t ask for more information. Finish. (You have never hear a word about the fisherman Talbot)

Go to Talbot the fisherman.
The dialog starts with “Your friend sends me”…

This dialog should only appear if you choose the option
“Any witnesses?” after “I need to ask more questions”

(Start a new game)
When starting the quest with Jerry wife you have the same bug.
After talking to her, go to Talbot. There isn´t a option to talk!

After talking to Jerry you can talk to the fisherman (again).

Another thing.

(Start a new game).
(Talk to Jerry)
Talk to the fisherman.

Go on with speech (or strenght if you are strong enoght - did the archery quest before)

Go to the end of the dialog.

Leave the fisherman

Go back to the fisherman, and start to talk again.

The same dialog appears like before.

The first part shouldn´t be the same like before!!!

Speech option

And the next bug, the dialog end, you are at the beginning.

You can talk again, always the same!

You can speak with Marianne only once - it is by design - so it is not a bug. On the other hand - fisherman seems to be kind of buggy.

1 Like

haha, so I had some crazy information that Marianne is by design - but I just talked with Dan and it seems like it is a bug. So yeah… we are working on it :wink:

Woman are complicated. :wink:

The next one is not easy to do but it´s possible.
If you buy the potion at the shop you haven´t the chance to give it Jerry. There is no talking option.
You must follow the quest, to the herb woman and find all ingredient for the antidot potion.
Don´t make the potion. Go to Jerry.

This happens with Jerry(remember the potion is from the shop).

There is the option for the cure now.

And Henry is a liar!!! :smile:

How to make so much money, for the potion (150 groschen)?

Do the archery quest. You don´t need the bow manipulation.
Start with 10 Groschen. Bet, shoot. Now you have 15G. Bet 10G, shoot. Now you have 20G. Bet 20G, shoot. You have 30G.
Bet 30G. Shoot minimum 28 Points!!! You have 50Groschen and the bow(+arrows). Pick up the ingredient for the potion(min. 5 coal, 5 thistle, 5 needle)
Sell the bow(100Groschen) and something else. You need 153 Groschen. 150 Groschen for the potion and 3 Groschen for the herb woman.

Go to Jerry and start the quest.

Some suggestions on the quest:
It should be possible to give Jerry the shop potion.
It should be possible to give Jerry another (wrong) potion. Just for the money! :smiley: And for fun…
If you play a bad Henry there must be a second ending. Go to bailiff and blacken Marianne for poisoning Jerry!

The antidot potion dosn´t work!
I´am waiting 3 days. But there is no new talking option at Jerry, and he is runnig every hour on the toilet.
After giving him the potion(+1 day) he should start a normal daily routine. Eat, sleep, work (and go to the tavern :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

Now the flute quest.
For the first time you have to talk to the smith.
Normally you do this at the forge, but if you do this at Smith´s home at the breakfast, his answer makes no sense…

Okay, the smith is a little confused(by design), but there should be another dialoge (when not in the forge)…

1 Like

The sheep quest.
I´am searching in the forum but I didn´t found any improvement… :wink:
We (in the forum) are knowing about the sheep quest, but ingame there is no info about it…

Start a new game.
Talk to anyone. Talk to the shepherd. No info about the lost sheep, no quest to do…

There should be an info about the lost sheep! And the reward. :smile:

Okay this shepherd is by design not trustworthy. You bring the sheep back, and he says “… and this torch. I don´t work during the night anyway.”

???
Does he have a part-time job? Does he have a union agreement?
The night is dangerous. This is the time he have to keep an eye on his herd.
I´am wondering he has lost one sheep only … :relaxed:

A little one:
Talk to Jerry. Go to the old woman at the hut.
Start the dialog.

She asks you: For yourself?
Answer…

Now comes a longer dialog, BUT she never ask you “for the symptoms of this ailment”…

In the other choices she need this information to make the (correct) potion.

Does the old woman know that Jerry is shitting blood? :smiley:
Or this part is forgotten to be integrated into the quest.

1 Like