What punishment for the devs, if they make a mistake on historical correctness?

I saw the Battle Of Grunwald in the trailer, and ever since in AC: Brotherhood where they said the Copernicus was Prussian (CRINGE), I am really worried devs might get it wrong and people become misinformed.

i think this would be suitable . until you feel you have passed on your superior knowledge of the medieval world to each and every member of warhorse studio :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Your profile pic fits this perfectly

1 Like

Err they will punish themselves knowing they have failed at the very thing they set out to do?

History isn’t an exact science you know historians have debated over historical “facts” since presumably the time of recorded history.

WH has on several occasions expressed their concern on being as historically accurate as possible and have demonstrated that they will change inaccuracies with the carrot fiasco.

I think history is safe in the hands of the WH development team.

3 Likes

I am not sure if this is the Battle of Grunwald, so the Game is set in 1403 and the Battle was 1410.

there was Polish Army and an Teutonic army. Of course the war started in 1409, also Teutonic Knights thought others mainly Lithiuanians before hand, but close enough? Maybe if they include some notes on events that occured, just an idea

Yes, of course. But the Teutonic knights fought nearly 100 years against Lithiuanians at this time, so it does not mean we will se the battle of Grunewald there. This was only the most known and important battle which lead to the downfall of the teutonic order.
In the same way the worldwar II was more than the battle of Stalingrad.

I don´t think we can do much if the developers does mistakes on historical correctness, but it seems to be important for them. And as far as I see what they are doing, I am pretty opimistic about it. It seems this will be one of the most accurate piece of historical entertainment media we have seen so far, because they are already more accurate in those things like clothes and architecture compared to most medieval movies, not to mention games which are pretty rare. There are maybe some books, novels with more correctness, but the air looks thin up there.
The developers even tell the story of their native land, and you can see they put some effort in it and they are open about critique.

1 Like

what you need to understand is that ubisoft are not qualified to make games, much less write stories based on history.

4 Likes

I think that you are a Polish nationalist who is seeing things that are clearly not there.

2 Likes

Well, except that we confirmed it.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1y5yj1/we_are_warhorse_studios_developers_of_kingdom/cfhmrm4
Still clearly not there? :smiley:

Pardon my ignorance, then. Knowing that the game is set in late spring / early summer of 1403 the Battle of Grunwald in 1410 didn’t seem plausible, not to mention that real life prevents me from following each and every avenue the team decides to spread information through.

Fun Fact: We had a historian in our studio mooooooonths ago. We asked him about different historic events and if they are even legit or if this or that really happend this way. And he answered: There is NO historic event of which we can be 100% sure of how it really was.

4 Likes

Thank you sir, this was the point I was trying to prove.

history is a collection of human perceptions being recorded through the perception of time, Them are some unruly variables.

So @TobiTobsen what “punishment” do you think you deserve if you corrupt the timeline?

Death by Snu Snu!!!

4 Likes

Sorry all out of amazonian women.

1 Like

as you wish :slight_smile:

edit: DAMN ! i didnt notice that absolute rocket in the background before :sweat:

haha or the black guy with a camera behind hahaha

1 Like

Really amazing, the new female character generator.

But I think the armors dosn´t fit.
The clothing system could be buggie…

:wink:

1 Like

if we are keeping with historical accuracy i think beheading will be the only solution.

5 Likes