XBox One 1.2 patch

Ouch … Yes, the performance is really bad after the update as PS4 and Steam were already reporting last week. Thank God, I’ve finished the game yesterday :smiley: Anyway, Vávra said last week that any graphical degradation was not intentional. So I am looking forward for the next patches and I am going to get some Saviour schnaps to be more patient :smile:

2 Likes

Restart your Xbox. It’s online since 12-24hrs

DId that, worked. patching right now.

Evening everyone,

Good news on regards to the Hans Capon loading screen bug, it is fixed. Played through it and the quest went ahead as it should. Thank you Warhorse!

The bad news however is that clipping and pop-in are now even more present and graphic seem to have a taken a knock, albeit small. The plus side is that the game seems to run more smoothly. I don’t have proof but it “feels” as if I’m now at a constant 30fps. Also, my menu and inventory lag is completely gone.

I’ve only been playing for a good 90 minutes or so but I am very happy so far with the patch results. Have a good weekend everyone! I’ll be reading this thread to see what other people are sharing. That way we can keep providing valuable feedback on this diamond in the rough, called Kingdom Come Deliverance.

2 Likes

Yes mine has did this. It sometimes coincides with the game freezing or crashing

1 Like

The Path of Salvation:

3 Likes

Its just a game. Some are acting like a loved one was lost or something here. Yes it has problems Yes we all agree it has problems. To make this game purchase and problems number one issue in your life right now is a sad testament to your well being as a person. You definatly need salvation, and it isnt in the form of a $59.99 refund. Petty 1st world problems…

4 Likes

@DJX is right on the money here. Most of the issues here are just regurgitated from different people. Some people have zero bugs at all, like myself and I play on xbox. Others cant even get out of Skalitz.

The company had 5m to work with not 80m like most studios. And I say they are delivering because the amount of patches already pushed out in three weeks is spectacular. Give them time stop being infantile.

2 Likes

isn’t it great that we live in such an advanced society that our problems are over faulty entertainment instead of going hungry or finding clean water?

5 Likes

three weeks? I thought this game was released last tuesday

2 Likes

Yep I am more concerned about some of the guys from my battalion who where injured overseas and no have no place to stay, went off the deep end and I hav was no idea if they eat anymore or how to find some of them.

A video game with bugs that the company is working strenuously to fix isnt even an issue for me.

KCD is still gratifying and enjoyable even with current issues at hand.

2 Likes

Maybe i am wrong @GodSaveYou but i thought that was for world wide and parts of asia got it last Tuesday as where it was actually available in Europe and usa early feb. please correct me if i am wrong.

You are 100% on the money.

if it’s not an issue why are you in the forums? I’ll be the first to say i’ve never posted in a forum until I played KCD and the reason was to pass on my issues with the game (almost unplayable with all the crashes and broken quests)

as for the release date I won’t correct you because i’ve got no clue about the rest of the world but for me it was advertised and released on February 13th

You speak the truth.

Okay, done some more playing with patch 1.2 on Xbox One. Graphics downgrade is definetely confirmed, everything looks rough, pop-in and texture loading are ABUNDANT. The gameplay/fps is smoother though and I enjoy that much more over the graphics (personally)

The one dealbreaker I am experiencing now is hard crashes to the Xbox home screen when fast travelling or browsing Henry’s inventory. The inventory has only happened once so far, but the fast travel hard crashes… it’s appaling. I have started counting them and at the moment 1 in 4 fast travels ends in a hard crash to the Xbox home screen. I am carrying a lot of saviour schnapps and am now drinking one before every fast travel I attempt.

Other than that I’m quite happy, as you all might know, I finally got passed the eternal loading screen during The Prey quest with Hans Capon. I appreciate the game sooo much, I’m staying calm during the crashes because this game will get better, my first week frustrations have cooled down and a year from now I think this could be one of the best games I ever played when it’s running smoothly/stable.

As I’ve already posted in a different topic, can somebody please try to delete persistent storage on Xbox and say if anything has changed after that?

1. Close the game
  2. Settings -> Disc & Blue-ray -> Blu-ray -> Persistent storage
  3. Restart Xbox

I think my graphics now looks similar as looked with 1.1, only LOD is worse.

1 Like

I did this. I havent had issues I am 100% sure. Might want to take the console off instant on to as well. And maybe fully power it down by holding the power button for 10 seconds. This is supposed to clear something.

1 Like

I’ve cleared persistent storage and did a hard reset on the console. Now it’s switched off and the power block is disconnected from the socket. All caches should be cleared when I restart later this evening.

Fingers crossed, I don’t know why I hadn’t thought about this earlier.

1 Like

I’ve upgraded to 1.2 version, I haven’t noticed any graphics degradation. Textures are popping as they did in version 1.1

2 Likes