XBox One 1.2 patch

Haha I’m definitely not alone in this

Never heard of anyone claiming the sword fights are so easy that they need to remove some layers of armor, but rather the opposite.

You’ll have to come up with more than your word to back that up …

I’m not asking them to make it so difficult so that casual gamers can’t enjoy it

Well guess what … it’s already too difficult for most people. Rewarding, but very difficult.
I keep getting my ass kicked and you’re standing here saying it’s too easy … OK, LOL.

There are numerous topics of people arguing about combats being too difficult along with lockpicking.

Rebalance, maybe on the long run, but I don’t see them making this even more difficult, it would be game breaking and it would make people like me quit without a doubt.

OK smart guy, now take that isolated opinion and compare it to all the other posts saying it’s too difficult.

I’m 30 hours in, have advanced sword fighting skills and never dropped someone with a single shot, let alone a heavily armored one … exaggeration much?

All the other posts? If you’re going to hold me to backing up my claims, I’ll hold you to the same. And look how many comments are in there saying the same thing.

Yes, I’ve seen other people complain about the opposite, that the game is too hard. But I do feel the majority are saying it’s too easy.

All this is moot anyway, as my proposition is difficulty settings. Easy for those who are struggling right now and don’t want to have the immersive, “hardcore” experience, and Hard for those who want more of a challenge.

This is not an isolated opinion. Browse the forum and you’ll see numerous arguments on both ends of the spectrum.

OK… :joy:
First I thought you were trolling, but then realized you’re serious.

I’m out, for the sake of my own mental health.

Alrighty then. Just note that only one of us is producing evidence.

The game is far too easy. Within 20hrs I was in god mode 1 hit kills and no damage.

I fought 20-30 cumans and won when scouting for the first battle. They have a horrible infinite spawn and I had to just keep killing them until it got boring.

I had to take clothing off and use crappy swords

1 Like

Evidence? OK.
You’re aware that you jsut posted a quote that is contradicting your initial statement right?

While for some people this game is hard for others its easy I have seen some posts saying that the game is to hard and other that say its to easy but i say the game is medium difficulty that is why some people find it easy others hard , so the best way to solve this problem is to add difficulty setting if the current difficulty is medium they should add EASY>MEDIUM>HARD>VERY HARD and maybe a master and legendary difficulty. in higher difficulty your enemies should be more aggressive and counte…

So what is it … hard, easy? Are we settling for medium now?
Sweet baby jesus … :joy:

Btw that’s one hit with a short sword on a stab not a slash.

1 Like

You didn’t need to create a dirty sock to win this argument, I’ll willingly let you have the last word.
Enjoy your game. :metal:

Dude, read the actual post, not the quotes. I’m providing you links so you can look over the post and its contents and come up with your own conclusion.

Dude being open and honest now feels like a bit of a joke

You never told anyone you were releasing a game you weren’t happy with when you charged premium AAA money.

You took our money and then a week later “btw the games in a crap state that we probably shouldn’t have released”

How is that fair? Being charged premium cash for a beta?

You should have been honest before release and made it clear the game isn’t ready but no make sure you’ve sold a million copies first right? And then say it’s not about money? Well what was it about then because it wasn’t about honesty.

2 Likes

One of my posts got linked to this thread. I’d like to add my opinion on this. I’ll copy and paste what I just posted in another thread:

So I started a new game and at around level 5 I ran into the Wayfaring Knight (the tougher one, not the wimp). I had the Shard shortsword and the armor you get from the armourer for the Nightingale quest. In other words, I was low level and had crap gear. I was able to beat him quite easily, even if it wasn’t with one or two hits. This opponent is, supposedly, an above average fighter – better than the majority of enemies you encounter which are bandits and Cumans.

My proposed solutions:

Make the AI more aggressive

Master strikes really need to be a separate button. Currently, attempting a master strike is low risk, high reward. With the current system, a failed master strike would just be a perfect block. With my proposed solution, a failed master strike will leave you open to damage – high risk, high reward.

perfect blocks should also require you to block in the direction of the attack.

Should those solutions be implemented, the following would happen: The AI is more aggressive causing you to be on your toes more and force you to actually look for an opening to attack. Master strikes will be high risk high reward – you’ll no longer just “block” if you mistime or otherwise mess up a master strike attempt, and you’ll be punished for it. A more aggressive AI who actually feints might even bait you to attempt a master strike, which will leave you open to a devastating attack. Failed perfect blocks will just be regular blocks and cost stamina.

Adjusting damage values, level scaling, or even giving all enemies high quality armor and weapons will do nothing.

1 Like

It’s not an argument. You called me a cry-baby and said my wishes were isolated from those of the rest of the community.

Considering, I feel like I’m being pretty fair and sharing good, relevant information with you, but it seems you’re not interested in looking at it. So we can just agree to disagree.

I saw this post BareNekked, I really like your ideas. :slight_smile:

I will stick with this until the patch and subsequent dlc. But I have one request. It is an issue on xbox one x. The game will freeze and crash to the home page randomly. Can you relay this info to whoever is overseeing this? It has happened 4 times in a 28 hour playtime. Just recently during the vipers seige. Besides that and one corrupted save its been ok. Seems like xbox one x runs this game the best. Thank you for your info and updates.

2 Likes

One thing that get me a little perplexed on a one x is the pop in. Graphics are ok. Im just glad there is no microtransactions and that kind of garbage in this game. Some constructive criticism:
Needed more npc profiles. Ran into to many with the same face and voice different clothing. I will lend my face if need be. But voice wont work, I have a Boston accent. Lol
The climbing mechanic needs work. Getting stuck in a river bed gets annoying at times.
Being able to build or buy a residence for Henry would have been a nice addition.
Im glad they are working on fixing any bugs. I dont get all worked up about a game with bugs and such. Its just a game to me. Nothing is perfect. You can tell the time and effort put into this game is there. Im sure WH studio employees made this game their life for 4 years day in and out. No matter the pursuit. Im not going to be the one to criticise the effort put in to this game by them.

3 Likes