The game became too easy :(

Hey, guys! After the lvling up of strength and mastery of the sword, I began killing all in a row with 1-2 shots. Most enemies flee from me. It seems to me or this system is also working incorrectly? I’m like Superman!

4 Likes

First people complained about everything being too hard/impossible. Now they’ve levelled up, they’re complaining it’s too easy. Honestly I can’t think of a solution to your issue besides mods.

7 Likes

I liked that it’s hard to play. And where can I get mods?

2 Likes

Ivnrush, try the camp missions. They get really challenging after the cumans.

Search the forum, someone made this same exact thread before you and it has a bunch of posts. Someone posted links to some mods that are supposed to make the game harder there.

I did everything from Bernard and the next few and it was very simple. After that, I tried to attack the guards in Rattay and killed about 30 guards without problems. 1-2 thrusts in the chest.

The camp quest leads to Sasau, where you will face very good fighters in full plate armor and Blunt weapons.
Thats basically where you have to use riposte to get any damage out.
The only downside is, that you have to do a lot of one hit camps first, but the cumans are also kinda challenging in the end i guess.
Edit.: After the camps, i didnt find any hard enemies anymore.

Mind advising your STR, weapon skill, and current place in story missions?

If you don’t like how easy swordplay is when it’s leveled up, then don’t level up?

1 Like

I too find it too easy once you get good gear and lvl up a bit. I am currently using two mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/96
and:
https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/90

1 Like

God, I can’t wait until the game becomes too easy.

1 Like

It’s quite simple actually. The game is in dire need of BALANCING.

Instead of scaling in difficulty like a stair case, the game play scales like a single curve of a roller coaster track.

Just like a roller coaster, the game difficulty climbs in height exponentially i.e. SPIKES skyward at the early stages of the game (i.e. the Preamble at Skalitz to the part where you bury your parents). This is when the real tutorial begins i.e after you find a way to leave/escape the castle in talberg. From this point, the coaster rapidly begins to its descent in difficulty. This decline speeds up as you begin to level up in different skills and acquire better armor/equipment. By the time you get to mid game (around where you revenge kill a certain NPC), the coaster has bottomed out and you need to get off the ride. Because basically Henry’s skill set has attained god mode levels relative to all NPC AI (which clearly doesn’t scale with his developing skills).

So basically, you’re back to playing the Bohemian form of Skyrim as Hal the Valiant Smith Dohvakiin…

To make matters worse, it doesn’t appear the Steam PC update released around 11:00 EST today addressed any of your concerns…

2 Likes

At the mod store duh

The problem with the game is the scaling and the rate at which you can level.

I don’t think proper testing was done with Henry at higher levels and thus they couldn’t see just how busted you ultimately can become.

If someone is in full Armor, and platemail over top they shouldn’t die in 2 shots to a Longsword but it happens. Once you get 100+ damage in your stat sheet there is absolutely no way for an opponent to defend against that unless they do a perfect dodge or perfect block. All other normal blocks stagger your opponent and leave them open for attack. Not many weapons in the game have 100 or more defense.

The RPG progression needs a serious rework, retweak and re-balance. I made a new character that is a Longsword user, and deliberately am gimping myself while using weaker weapons to see if I still snow ball – and unfortunately I am. I’m taking perks that reduce my strength, warfare, and sword fighting. I’m taking perks that increase my charisma and speech and yet I still destroy everything in combat. You shouldn’t spec as something totally opposite of how you want to play and still be exceptional at your “weaker” role.

The issue becomes even more obvious because the leveling is too fast and the AI is absolutely horrible.

3 Likes

I agree with what you’re saying, but arguably this is due to the “open” nature of the game allowing people to spend too much time not on the main quest.

You can hit max level without even finishing Neohoff…

I don’t agree scaling NPC’s to match your abilities is a good idea, as that’s a silly goal-post shifting strategy that often ends up killing any sense of meaningful progression.

What I do think needs to be done is cap or limit skill/stat gains from certain activities.

I.E. let’s say for the sake of discussion a particular band is level 3-4 and can only assist in skill/stat progressions to max of 5. No matter how many you best in combat, your combat related skills will not pass 5 when beating a bandit of said level. The higher the level the enemy, the more they can assist in skill raising.

Just like you can’t just keep reading that same story the scribe gives you forever to continue increasing reading skill. You have to read more difficult and varied texts.

Scaling up enemies would be the “simple” fix but problem is deeper and more complicated than that. It’s the mechanics of combat themselves that ultimately allow you to hit “critical mass” and then there is nothing that can stop you.

We can help remedy this by doing some of the following…

• Remove all stat perks that increase strength, vit, and agility and replace them with something else.

• Reduce rate of leveling, and remove XP gain from Combat Arena. A lot of use gained a few levels and didn’t mean to just by screwing around in there.

• AI needs to be improved vastly, and they need to be more aggressive. AI is passive, and predictable.

• Perfect Blocks / Dodging should be harder for players and AI. Normal Blocks should be used more as a defense because lets be real, even master swordsman weren’t gods. There is not much reason to even do normal blocks because the game slows down and allows you to perfect block nearly every attack.

• Damage and Armor stats need adjustments. I don’t think it was intentional for Henry’s damage sheet to exceed plate armor defense by more than 200%.

EDIT – It’s also disheartening to have a combo system and you will virtually be unable to use them later in the game because enemies die so fast. Combos in theory would be exceptional powerful against stronger opponents who were skilled at blocking but if you executing correctly you could penetrate defenses and damage them. With the Runt fight I Perfect Blocked / Riposte striked him to the head and the fight was over. It was so unsatisfying. I was seriously hoping to execute Duplieren: Doubling on him and that would have been the most satisfying duel ever. I hate not being able to use combos, and considering downloading the HP increase mod over at Nexus just so I can have fun comboing enemies again.

4 Likes

no the game need re balance the stats and perks as you get stronger perks the AI stay the same so at some point u can one hit everyone, i want the game to be hard again aswell like it was at 1rst but now its just to easy

1 Like

Hey Ban,

I like most of what you wrote there, but I still think a CAP on leveling would be the better route. Basically, if someone was a 4 in difficulty (stat/skill/level average) you shouldn’t be able to increase things past a 5 by combating them. Just like reading the first page the scribe gives you for hours on end won’t make you a master reader. You need more varied/difficult texts.

As for the perks, I agree - most of them feel very OP.

The AI tends to be more cautious the more powerful you are and more aggressive the weaker you are. I think this is intentional, but they didn’t take into account how quickly you could become powerful.

I completely agree with you on damage and armor stats, that’s where I think the math is getting fudged hard.

As for Runt being too easy, I could agree…but maybe the devs intended you to be roughly 6th level at that stage in the game. People around that level are saying it’s challenging. People 10+ are saying they decimated him. Could be part of the issue and resolved by capping XP /SKILL/STAT gains based on opponent or difficulty of task.

I don’t feel much testing was done on the game at higher levels which is why we have this “critical mass” problem for higher level characters.

The Vipers Nest is probably extremely challenging at lower levels I’m sure.

The biggest problem here is the AI and the Stats. I don’t think any of this was intentional. The point in these combos is to help you penetrate defenses and damage someone, however when you get to that “critical mass” point combos are useless. One attack staggers a basic block, leaves them open for attack and one attack on enemies at this point is instant death – even for Plate Armored knights.

I’m considering downloading the difficulty mod over at Nexus, but I don’t like stat padding to make the game more difficult. Might have to though however, it’s really the only “fix” we have for the difficulty currently.

Not disagreeing with you here, promise.

I think we have the same issue, but disagree on the root issue.

This critical mass you speak of, I agree is the big issue. My suggestion would keep players from ever getting there.

If Runt has an average of 8 in all his stats/skills that matter for combat, and you’re at an average of 15 with plate armor and a high damage sword, of course the math they have set will not work. But if you’re an average of 6, due to no enemies provide increase in said abilities until after Runt is defeated, then you will still have a strong challenge in him as well other enemies around that average level.

I’m confident I could prove this by utilizing under par weapons despite my STR score. I think what is occurring is you’re taking away 100% of his stamina and dealing damage to life bar due to the total output being far higher than the NPC’s mitigation. This (mathematically) would only occur if your caps were higher than theirs (assuming roughly even gear).

All of this leads to me to believe testing was done, simply not with the thought process of you being much higher than the enemy.

They likely believe the leveling would break down:

Act 1 - 1-5
Act 2 - 6-10
Act 3 - 11-16
End Game - 16+

Thing is, people are leveled and equipped as if they’re Act 3 while still in Act 1 =)

1 Like