Your stretch goal suggestions and discussion

Thank you, somebody who’s using a head for once. Exactly, it isnt simply pledge more money = we can drastically change our plans to a grander sizes. No, the true budget for the game is probably quadruple the sum that is currently pledged. Stretch goals are there to motivate people, they can’t simply add more breathtaking new technologies. Most likely it would be a gameplay anouncement. Most likely along the lines (more focus on companions, better and longer story for them etc…)

1 mil. stretch goal should be to hire more game designers, artist etc. So the game could be finished sooner…

3 Likes

Sure, the official information about the Localization is in update #6 on kickstarter. Besides the official localizations WH already mentioned to release the modding tools as well so the localization to other “exotic” languages is a matter of time and effort of the modders (crowdsourcing is a very powerfull these days).

It would be nice to have the game sooner, but I disagree that hiring more people is the right solution. You have to manage bigger team, train the people, and most importantly somehow pass the feeling and mood of Your vision on them, which takes some time. Very important aspect is also keeping the design consistent and the more designers, the more the game can fall apart because of this. I know that they have well written design document, concept arts and such stuff that keeps the game concepts together and in the right direction, but I can imagine that hiring for example new graphics designers needs also a lot of supervision.

they don’t need to hire new designers, just more grunts to do the work for them. design something, be specific, and let the new guys work on it. as they become better, give them the more challenging works.

Sorry for delay. :smile: and for my english :wink:

Yes I know, but there is a lot of ways to support modding. Maxis way is horrible, Bethesda way is good, but I think that it can be still improved.

Yep, I know (and use) Nexus Mod Manager but Steam Workshop is better IMHO. Easiest, totally integrated and I haven’t found any bug in SW unlike NEXUS.

Warhorse have already said they will be putting on more staff but that is just standard for a dev team moving from prototype to the actually right we are going to make this game. Dave said on a interview that was posted on Warhorse twitter (I Think) that some of the people will come from 2K Czech who a lot of the Warhorse team came from.

Yes, for example in Witcher there was a Czech dubbing present, but it was apparent that they had a much lower budget than for the English one. I tried the Czech one for a minute or two and then quickly switched to the English one…I also tried Polish dabing (with English subtitles) because that seemed more “authentic”. But that one I did not like much either.

If you tried to be realistic you would have to have old Czech and old German languages there, with some priest speaking in Medieval Latin (all of them in Church)…that way, you could be sure there is not a single player who could understand the game :smile: I would like a high-budget (modern) Czech dubbing (not because of “pride” but because the game takes place in Bohemia), but that is not very realistic and so high-budget (modern) English dubbing is better than low-budget Czech one. Fortunatelly, I understand English well enough not to have to read subtitles (czech or english), so immersion won’t be spoiled by that for me. Still, it is quite silly to hear medieval Czechs speaking modern English. But reality has to be laced well with practicality.

Horse armour will already be implemented as far as I am concerned. The horses should have 6 equipable slots.

Yeah, we’ve had enough snow for all of you, lol! It even snowed in Florida, US.

Great new feature means often later release date. I would suggest: bonus money for the developers who worked for warhorse when they had their bad time. That would be fair.
AND: Happy developers make better games, so it is also good for us.

I’d like to see stuff along the following lines:

• More misc. quests and ‘mini-games.’

• Bigger map and/or more detailed locations/enter-able locations.

• Advanced hardcore mode (+ adjustable timescale, super minimal HUD etc).

• Archery to receive the same treatment as melee combat (bow and arrow crafting and full archery ‘combat academy’ as in £800K stretch goal). + Advanced and realistic systems in place for arrow trajectory dependent on wind/weather etc. (assuming good for gameplay too of course!).

• More dev. time spent on testing experimental features such as helmets reducing vision etc. (i.e. stuff that might need a good amount of time to get right which could otherwise not make it in due to ‘taking too long to finalise/test/polish’).

• Possibly - Fully customisable character pre-game start (still male, same name, but can adjust face, height, weight etc).

• Possibly - Customisable home (not a castle or anything crazy, just moving stuff around and adding minor items - Nothing unrealistic, just simple things you’d do yourself to feel more ‘at home’/personalise the location).

• EDIT: Though probably not a great idea for an Act 1 stretch goal, I’d like to see as much done as possible to make the transition between the maps of Acts 1, 2 and 3 as seamless as possible. This is the kind of thing that I’d put under the ‘experimental’ category, i.e. trying some ideas out that are more than just the standard loading screen, such as multiple varied seamless traveling cut-scenes, dependent on time of day/weather etc. which would conceal the load and remain visually interesting. Sure you might want a brief fade to black to indicate sleep or simply the passing of time, but it would be preferable to a ‘loading’ screen IMO.

1 Like

NEW:

£1.3 M stretch goal:

realistic weather system with real seasons with snow/rain/fog.

If Act II is set in November 1403 in Vienna, how will this work?
Season without snow & weather effects etc?

I’m afraid they would need much more money and time (!) to do a fully functioning season system… It would have to be something like £2.0 M stretch goal :slight_smile: But it would delay the release date, that’s almost for sure. It’s a realy big change affecting almost everything in the environment…

Well, I haven’t seen any snow in the last few weaks in southern Germany so… :stuck_out_tongue:

But I would love to have seasons or snow in the game. It was one of the coolest features in AC3…

Stretch goal at 5M…become a fief lord

Act II is not set in November 1403 in Vienna. Problem solved. :stuck_out_tongue:

This guy, Wenzel, is part of the story!
How does this work then?

Only that part of the game will be set in Vienna, not the whole act. And it will probably be in the Act I.