Any word on the dogs?

One of the most interesting stretch goals I saw back on the Kickstarter was for the dogs.

I’ve been very curious to see anything new about how they’ll be implemented and what role they will have for the game, but I don’t think I’ve seen anything on. Has there been any talk about them since the Kickstarter?

They?!

There’s only one dog as your companion. Breed is yet unknown.

Proboably bad wording on my part!

Though it might be possible there will be several different breeds of dog to choose between. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s not Pokémon where you get to choose one of three breeds. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

What, no three starter dogs to choose from? I want a refund!

1 Like

Okay, then watch this instead:

Ah, Rusty. I love that one.

In all seriousness, has there been any further mention on what we might expect of our canine companion in the future?

Remember that treasure hunting and digging feature? I guess the dog will play an important role in this feature :smile:

I don’t think I remember that! Was it brought up in one of the video updates?

That digging feature is implemented in the 0.4 alpha, but the dog isn’t :wink:

1 Like

Hey, no telling yet! The dog could be a buried treasure. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Will there be a dog armor DLC for two fiddy?

Confirmed.

4 Likes

I’m wondering if little fiffy is able to carry 4 layers of armor…

Nah we have to stay realistic, it´ll just be 3 layers
but to balance that out with the horse, I heard you can put a saddle on your dog and ride it. You can have a pack dog too, so that you don´t need to overburden your horse ;3

1 Like

I’d like to hear something about this, too

At least if the dog is surely going to be in the game.
I really like this feature hope it will get implemented well with hunting mechanics and so on.

1 Like

I suspect that the dog feature will be one of the last things to be added to the game. It is not massively important and can be added as a refined part later.

I would be cool if you could have a cat too :grinning:

I just hope the dog won’t be as annoying or fragile as the ones in Skyrim. I can deal with loosing a horse, but it is really sad to loose your dog.

What do you expect? If it is realistic a dog is fragil. One solid sword blow and thats it.

I would like to see an intelligent shepherd or hunting dog, how does stay behind if the player command so. And I would only use the dog in a fight to disturb the enemy horses.
A armoured enemy in a gambeson or better is well protected against some dog teeths.

I would use my dog to find a track or to retrieve a rabbit or something else. And to alert me, if somebody is trying to steal something or is trying to ambush…

1 Like

There needs to be a balance and some compromise between what is historic and realistic, and what will work gameplay wise. It has to remain fun, otherwise it has failed as a game. This is the problem that befell the game ‘Clang’.

If I have to buy a new dog every ten minutes like in Skyrim then I will just do what I did with Skyrim and stop bothering with the dog all together. Which renders the work and effort they put into it pointless. Playing Skyrim non-violently has the dog last quite some time, but I always end up loosing them one way or another and it breaks my heart.