Baptism of fire still bugged in 1.4.3

Baptism Of Fire quest is still bugged. The game still counts bandits as allies and the game always ends with “too many allies…” report. I have tried everything possible, but the game is still unplayable. The bug starts after the quest with Ginger, the game does not target bandits since then (the three bandits in front of the cave and then the four bandits behind the windmill. Will this bug be fixed in some comming update? The last fully playable game version was 1.2.5.

Did you do all of the optional objectives in the previous quest?

Hi,
What platform are you playing on?

We’ve had several reports about this, but we were not able to reproduce the bug.
If you are playing on PC or PS4 we would appreciate your saves. (getting saves from Xbox is nearly impossible)

1 Like

Same here, everything worked just fine until 1.3 update, I have PC version. But I think, that the bug starts in the quest, where you´re looking for Ginger and looking for the two bandits in the camp. They don´t fight after the conversation and from that moment, all bandits related to the Prybyslawitz camp do not fight as well, so the problem is not only in Baptism of fire, but in previous quests as well. Only solution is to download a save from nexusmods, but the problem is, that you´ll lose everything, you collected until baptism of fire. So the game is playable only from the second half, which is quite bad.

There is a possibility. I play the game in version 1.2.5 until the Baptism of fire is completed and then I update the game to 1.4.3 and play further, but it is a problem, if you´re playing the game more than once to the end, because you have to uninstall/reinstall the game each time you start a new game to version 1.2.5 and only after BOF quest allow it to download the latest update. We can only hope, that this megabug will be fixed in some time, because reinstalling the game after each finish is not quite confortable, not to mension, that the game was not for free :slight_smile:

@krampus1
The issue is that somehow some NPCs got positive reputation with player. So sometimes before Ginger in a pickle something happened that caused it.

@Onderon69
So you are saying that this issue does not happen on version 1.2.5 but appears only after you update to 1.4.3?

I would really appreciate if both of you could send us your saves. Ideally all of them (you will have to compress them and upload them somwhere)
You can send them directly to me here: prokop.filcik@warhorsestudios.cz
Saves can be found here: < your system drive>>:\Users\\Saved Games\kingdomcome\saves

1 Like

I have checked the possibility, if my saves works in my friend´s version and on his PC. He has version 1.2.5. My saves from my 1.2.5 works fine and his saves forks in my version 1.2.5, but the same happens if I use his saves in my game version 1.4.3, the BOF quest still does not work. So, the problem is not in the saves, I think, but in the game itself. Something had to happen in update 1.3. I have tried all possible solutions, that are to be found on the net, but no solution seems to work. I had reinstalled the game so many times and I am frankly quite tired of it. The best sollution will be to wait and maybe it will be repaired somehow in the future.

Can you please send me your saves? We can have a look into them on each sepearate version and learn what is causing it.

Waiting is definitely not the best solution. If you send it this weekend we might be able to push the fix into the patch 1.5

1 Like

Hello, I have the same problem. I have tested savegames from all my friends (8 people) and still the same result, that the quest can´t be completed without that too many allies killed result. In Skyrim, it was possible to bypass any non-working quest with console commands, but to KCD I was´t able to find any console commands or quest IDs. It will be easier to “cheat”, than reinstalling the game for lesser update version. Or it will be good to disable that “too many allies killed” condition entirelly, until the fix is found. I wanted just to add, that ANY savegame used in the game (from any source) is not working, so this is not definitelly the problem of a savegame or a savegame process, but the game itself. My sollution is to put the game aside for some time and wait for some kind of “final patch”. I heared a small rumor, that these bug are caused by ATI graphic cards and AMD CPUs, but it can be also a disinformation, I don´t know.

Hi, Handon. Yes, in this case, some kind of cheat will be good, but the game does not allow to cheat (just some small commands, like the bow crosshair). There is a mod on the nexus, that allows to cheat, but not to skip/complete a quest, so it will not work. But the Truth is, that I have Ati graphic card and AMD processor, but a fried of mine has a laptop with nvidia card and intel CPU, and has the same problem, so the problem will be somewhere else. It may be in windows versions, maybe win 7, 8.1 and 10 behave differently in this case. You see, the Czechs are very efective and resourcefull people, they will find the sollution sooner or later, to fix this great game. They have survived the attacks of SJW fools with their silly “arguments”, so they suceed in this as well. Have a nice day.

@handon @Onderon69
will repeat myself again, guys.

This issue won’t get fixed on its own. Firstly we need to determine what is the actual problem. That can be achieved with your cooperation. If we can’t reproduce the problem here in the studio, then we won’t be able to fix it.

So I ask again. Can you please send us your save files?

2 Likes

Hahaha proky is like will smith , in I am legend after he finds the cure shouting “I can help you”. As the mongo zombie keeps running into the glass.

Classic.

…We’ve ran all these tests, even swapped save files with each other we cannot find solutions…

Hey to send us the save files we will fix for next patch… nah Efforts. :smiley: such fun.

You guys should send the files asap.

Hello people. I have the same problem. Tried saves from other game owners, and all of them weren´t functioning, so it is clearly a problem of the game itself, not saves. It may be so many things, that are causing these bugs, like OS, hardware configuration, etc. The best thing will be to send the entire instalation folder, because it looks like, only certain versions of the game are bugged. I have the box PC version. For me, i have two OS in my PC, on each of them is one instalation of KCD, in one version 1.2.5, in the other version 1.4.3. If I want to start a new game, i play o one OS till the finish of BOF, and then I copy the savegame to the other OS and game version and play further. That works for me, i can play with this bug present. It´s just a small disconfort, cause the game is great and some nimor setbacks are to be expected.

I have found the cause of the bug. All you guys are using cheats or trainers for this game. Fling trainer has the option of manipulating the reputation of the player to other factions. If you will not use this trainer or any cheats to manipulate your reputation, the game will work just fine. This is not the fault of the developers, but of third party software, just as cheatengine and trainers. So, just play it clean and you will have no problem at all. This game is great and a big sign of the abilities of Czech programmers. No undeserved critics, please. If anyone can´t finish the game without cheats, just don´t use reputation cheats. And a big appreciation to the developers and programmer team of KCD, you have made a great job, it is a pleasure to play your great game. Thank you.

2 Likes

Is anybody else able to confirm this please?

Thought so

This is actually what we are suspecting. And that’s also a reason we wanted those saves. Because we did get a hold on of some saves some time back and in them the reputation of enemy NPCs was changed in a way the game does not naturally allow.
So we were curious whether this is the same issue or something else entirely.

2 Likes

I think a number of other bugs are because of trainers and cheats as well, sir

Hi, venca8. You are right, I have been using fling trainer and with the max rep function deactivated, the game works great. I thought the cheats cannot influence the game functionality, but they do. Sorry, my mistake and sorry to the developers. Thank you, have a nice day.

1 Like