►Beta 1.0 Bug List (serious bugs)

A Beta is supposed to be filled with bugs and is a testing version NOT a final released version. You clearly lack understanding of the term “Beta”. I beta tested Anarchy Online back in 2000, and it had severe graphical bugs which were gradually fixed over time.

“Open Betas” as you see by EA and Ubisoft and these big companies aren’t really beta’s but more along the lines of early release demos.

Squad alpha runs 50x better than this “beta” I know the term quite well and comparing a beta from a mmo in 2000 to now is laughable.

Warhammer eternal crusade alpha runs better, star citizen alpha, unreal tournament alpha I can go on all day.

Don’t struggle over such a topic…it is still a beta and just there to be checked out…so the developers can get a lot of info what is wrong and what is right in this game…so just try to check out as much as u can and give those guys a proper feedback…nothing more to be said…

Well you seem to be confusing beta testing of features (in this case) with beta testing of almost finished products, otherwise known as “playable demo” (most other so called betas)

It is known problem from friday when beta released - it doesnt mean that its sollution will take 2 hours. And its also not very reasonable to assume that everybody is at work during this weekend. I guess it will be fixed during this week, but even if its not, there is plenty of content in current version to test.

1 Like

Its not reasonable to release a buggy mess the day before your day off. Ever hear of monday? I understand your fan boyism is strong but I said ALPHA which is before beta if you can’t read.

Absolutely NONE of the products I just listed are near ready for beta let alone release. You are invalid. this is a large tech demo not a real beta.

OH p.s. they claim there is bugs in the beta yes, but do not specify they are major EXTREMELY major.

Also dont tell me what there is or not to do in the beta. The highlight of the entire fucking beta is broken piss off.

Guess what? Alpha version of this game also worked very well for me! And who cares? It means absolutely nothing if something works better or worse as they are in completely different state of development. These alpha and beta stickers mean basically nothing. Beta 0.1 will be probably quite different from beta 0.9 in other titles, or it can mean alpha 0.7 somewhere else, but you just can´t compare the development stages. Some developers consider their game in beta when all their features and mechanics are tested and working and only lack content. Some devs consider their game beta when it has some content and some features to test. Its absolutely optional.
In beta release there was shitload of big features and lot of content released at once, so bugs and crashes can be expected. And it was VERY reasonable to release beta BEFORE weekend if you atleast thougth about it. This way players has about 3 days to test it out, report all bugs, and somebody from WH can even make detailed reports directly for devs when they get to work at monday morning, so they can start working on these issues asap and in consistent way, instead of waiting for reports to fill in, and switching prioritites as these are discovered.

5 Likes

“And it was VERY reasonable to release beta BEFORE weekend if you atleast thougth about it. This way players has about 3 days to test it out, report all bugs, and somebody from WH can even make detailed reports directly for devs when they get to work at monday morning, so they can start working on these issues asap and in consistent way, instead of waiting for reports to fill in, and switching prioritites as these are discovered.” Can do the same thing on a monday fanboy, Majority of people can play on weekdays.

I have played atleast a few hundred betas since I have been gaming and they are all relatively the same. This is not a real beta no matter how you sugar coat it with your fanboy love. I see you’ve been a member for 2 plus years so your biased opinion is pointless to me, you obviously will defend buggy garbage no matter how broken it is. Fact is if you gonna release this crap you best expect for non fanboys who do not live on these forums for 2 years to want a refund.

If you release on monday, you won´t have three days of reports, confirmations and more detailed reports ready when you get to work. Also it was quite nice gesture to get beta to players as soon as they could, most of us appreciated it.

So yeah, I am fan for over two years now. It means that I really care about that game, and beta for most of us original backers means that we can help to find and test this build. Not like you spoiled brats, who feels entitled to get everything working in first 3 days of first ever beta release from company which is doing their first project, and quite extraordinary aswell. This is no copypaste of tested stuff.
If it is such a huge deal to wait few more days for patch when something isn´t working, I honestly don´t know why you even bother testing beta versions.

3 Likes

Been playing around with the beta, and thoroughly enjoying it. It has some small hickups, but nothing too major.

I have two bugs I’ll have to report though, the first one, I’ve completed the “On guard!” quest, however there’s still a quest marker on the swordtrainer.

The second bug was a bit more major. I was running through the military camp near Merhojed when suddenly shouting erupted behind me, I turn around to see a bunch of soldiers in an uproar, swinging swords at each other. Now I had my back turned so I don’t know what happened, however my crosshair is firmly affixed the swordstrainer, and that’s despite no one being hostile towards me, I can’t holster my sword but they are telling me to do so.
On the following image you can see a bunch of the soldiers laying dead on the ground, me aiming for the swordstrainer, and people telling me to put my sword away.

Turns out going to the menues made me stop aiming at the swordmaster so I could put my weapon away, but since I can only assume that this slaughter was a bug, I’m going to load an earlier save xD

Heh, something similar happened to me, except all guards brutally assaulted one of their own for no reason :smiley:

All the AI in military camp needs lot of improvements, right now they are acting like a herd of angry feminists when someone violates their safespace :smiley:

3 Likes

It’s sort of hilarious to hear them proclaim “ooh what a horrible murder!” moments after they cut one of their own down xD

1 Like

Archery contest in the Camp

There is a massive worsening in compare to alpha.

No opponents appear. On the list you have one or two opponents, but they don´t materialize.You shoot alone,
Sometimes: On the list… every hit you do counts, but if there are no opponents,… they count only zero.
You win if you go for points (make 20 points first). Or you can wait forever if you go for precision (because no one shoots against you).

On the other side, shooting on the range is dangerous, because the crime system flip out.
During the contest:
One time I was accused, shooting on people. (never done this)
Two round later I was attacked by everybody. (and had to run for my life)

I have the similar bug as others - before battle of Pribyslawitz, the game goes black and then it crashes. I tried different routes, it’s the same. If I load from the automatically saved games, I’m alone in the woods for a while and then the game crashes. It’s a shame, I was looking forward to the battle so much!

I can send you the save file if you wish. I’m attaching system info:
DxDiag.txt (75.7 KB)

While tracking Timmy down in the windmill, I cannot talk to Mirka so quest is stuck there.
Few potential trigger to this bug:

• When I arrived at windmill after meeting Reeky, i spoke to Mirka first, prior to anyone in the mill. After pressing E on Mirka, display blacked out and returned to normal gameplay just like conversation is done but no updates on quest log.
  • I did not kill any Runts gang after finding Reeky, just escaped from the forest

I arrived at the windmill and talked to Mirka first, and have the exact same problem sort of…
When meeting reeky I killed the attacking gangmembers, though reeky didn’t survive.
When I arrived at the mill I woke up Mirka, talked to her, then talked to the baker, then back to Mirka.
She told me to meet her behind the windmill. That was about 12 hours ago, I’ve just been waiting and waiting, while she’s been cooking, dusting, embroidering and basically just ignoring me.
She didn’t say when I should meet her though, so for now I’m just waiting…

You dont have needed specs mate for beta, as far as I know need double RAM at least.

Game consistently freezes at a black screen when I try to do any of the practice fights in the Soldier’s Camp. No matter what selection of options I choose, after the game pans over the arena, it goes to a black screen and freezes at it. I sat at the screen for almost 10 minutes once and nothing happened. The tutorial fight works fine, but that’s it.

The worst thing I have noticed, apart from crashes and saves not working, are all the invisible walls. You get knocked off your horse. Or worse, you can’t dismount your horse. You get stuck in a maze of invisible walls with no trees or visual indication of what you’re going to get stuck on.

1 Like

So, I tried to sneak into the bandits camp but I was spotted before I even spotted them, and I figured I was outnumbered, also right at that moment my vision went blurry and I just couldn’t keep my eyes open, also my stomach was growling, so I decided to hightail it out of there. I went to Talmberg where I bought my self some food ate it, and went in search of a bed. I finally found one, pressed [E] and the game responded with “You can’t sleep while you’re fighting”, which would have made a lot of sense if it wasn’t for the little detail that I’m not actually fighting xD

Hello, if you have the time or available resources when you run into these issues could you mark them on the map posted below, or perhaps take screenshots of the areas this is happening in.

This would be greatly appreciated.

Battle of Pribyslavits keeps crashing, after Sir Robard decides what route to take to strike the bandit camp, the screen fades to black I’m guessing to jump me to the army and I here Robard speak a bit then the game crashes, and the screen is still black, I have tried different tactical routes and all do the same thing, need a serious patch.