►Beta 1.0 Bug List (serious bugs)

I’m using launcher.exe from my kingdomcomerpg.com profile. At first try I successfully installed game, but it suffers with “Specified file cannot be found” issue. I delete the game and tried to reinstall, but it doesn’t possible for me now. At the very begining of install process (after successful login) it says:

It generates the same log, but I don’t see any error:
KCD_Beta_Access_20160304112953.log (2.8 KB)

Currently no file - even profile - is created in C:\Program Files (x86)\Warhorse Studios\KCD_Beta

Can I fix this? Somewhat reset the game and install it again?

P.S. I’m Kickstarted backer, but I don’t receive any Beta code(?)

Thanks

Thanks for very fast response :open_mouth: . I downloaded new launcher right now, but it doesn’t fix it for me (same error message).

Launcher size changes from 1 007 728 to 1 008 416.

@Lieste Ahh, that may be it… But I never noticed, you can store anything on the horse. Is there any way, to take it back, then? Anyway, it seems to me, that the problem appeared after that fight outside the mineshaft, after which I took basically everything from the dead bodies and got overburdened. I then threw a few things away while NOT on the horse, got the weight under the limit, after that got on the horse, but he still acted like I was overburdened.

Yeah, you stored it all on the invisible teleporting luggage with legs.

Hold X to drop, tap X to store. Go to the horse tab in your inventory to transfer back to yourself or to discard.
You can also store stuff on corpses or in containers - so if you want to discard your boots and take his, loot him and drop your old ones with him. As they have too little value for their weight (or whatever suits). Dropped items have no model sometimes and appear as a floating red ball, so best to store stuff (or sell it).

1 Like

I got a new error trying to install beta today…

It ran for a little while then popped up with with “An error occurred while loading SSL Libraries”

Windows 10 x64.

Doubt that’s the reason, I fought against Runts men, looted em and could use horse normally, eventhough I was overburdened, the horse ran as before. After that I have encountered couple of Cumans in the forest and because I’ve been overburdened they killed me. So I loaded the game just before the fight with Runts men and I couldn’t run on the horse just after that.

Hi, spend nice weekend playing Beta - luckily I did not experienced most of the bugs people are complaining about…

Nevertheless here are few, maybe it will help:

• I folowed all questlines nicely and played for severl hours when I went to Sapomesh after getting information from Timmy at Kolben estate. I wanted to do already known quests to see if something changed. But somewhere in the middle of poisoning and lost keys quests I saved the game to confront the soldier in the pub. I went bad so I reloaded, but game crashed - I had few previous saves and one of them worked but anything saved after that lead to crash of the game again - I guess it was due to too much information about the relationships and quests I started…
    This bothers me especially because one time, right before I died in the fight with soldier in Samopesh I heard a woman shouting that Kolben´s estate is on fire!

• I had to play form the begining to see how story continues. But second time I went to the mill to speak with Mirka - I woke her up about an hour before dawn, she told me to meet behind the mill but did not come - she started her morning routine of brakfast and bath instead and does not speak to me no more - neither does Timmy because I am not supposed to know who he is yet…
    I killed all bandits who attacked Reeky before so it is possible that there was noone to come and confront me - also even after a long time noone tried to burn down Kolben estate (shame)

• at two instances when I tried to pick something up in the houses (food in Merhojed, showel in Talmberk) game started to play animation of picking up dead body and carrying it on shoulder - I could not run, could not interact, only solution was to go near the fence and jump over it, this corrected character to normal state

• one time while fighting bandits in front of Reeky´s cave I got hit so hard, that character fell through terrain and floated to infinity.

• when at the fighting arena - training fight (with short sword) - oponent holds big red ball with “Replace me” texture instead of a sword

• First time I played the game I went to Pribyslawitz well diguised as Cuman so I could walk aaround the camp freely and since I had not been instructed to investigate the camp yet, the gate to the church was opened so I climbed the tower and killed the guy hiding in the attik (presumably Runt :wink: But nothing happened since I shot him with bow straight to the head he did not ever start alarm - did not find out if I managed to break the game or not because it always crashes when I am about to start the big battle…

And some remarks to the game:
-In dialogues it might be better to be more direct about the possibilities in branching dialogue - a lot of information gets repeated over and over again it would be better if each information could be said only once in the dialogue. This goes partialy to the way dialogues are written, when someone mentiones something and Henry repeats the same information in his next question - it could be more fluent if Henrys responses were more direct - for example, when talking with reeky, name of the one of the bandits (Pius I think) gets repated three times in a row by reeky and Henry it turns - it sounds very unnatural, Henry could use words like “him” or “her” more often when reacting to alredy said stuff…

-I followed instructions given by the luberjack to find reeky, but did not follow each step of the way (had to bypass cumans near the stone cross and found the clacking mill on stream by myself - but when I wanted to read more instructions I found that the questlog was stuck with the first instruction descibing the way - would be great if it could
either skipp ommited checkpoints along the way or to show whole instructions, not just first step…

-Night sky could match to the time of the year and actually rotate during the night, so you could see how the time runs… Also the moon should be much smaller and brighter - it is actually 0,5° of the skydome in diameter in real world - also wet ground reflects moonlight even when moon is not visible in the sky.

• It would be nice if warhorse could find some other way for characters to move around each other (mainly in the fight) than constantly running forward, backwards and sideways like imbeciles as in all other games.

-I found it great in Kingdom come that horse cannot do this by example! if you want to walk to the right you actually have to turn the horse around and people walk pretty much the same way - they do not sidestepp more than one pace, it is not practical. So after holding the side step key character would walk sideways or backways but this would be very slow and clumsy (as in reality), but if you doblepress A , D or S - similary to when you now have to doublepress shift to make horse run - character would actually turn around to face new direction and you could walk or run normaly and quickly.

Last remarks are for the time in the game:

• game is set somewher in the June/July I believe, so It would be nice if night did not take half of the day - sun should be abouve horizon in 5am and setting around 21:00 (in central european summer time) This would would give player more time to actually do something and not just wait for the night to pass…
    17hours of light/ 7 of night, not 12/12…

• I notice that during some activities time slows down significantly - I spend two hours fighting in the arena and not even an hour went by in the game-time because I managed to talk to the swordmaster again right after he said how did I do in the fight. On the other hand when I was speaking with the people in Talmberg to find out where is Reeky it was already evening before I talked to everybody I had to… Now I skip all lines I know to not waste daylight by talking to people. I know from Dan´s lectures this was heavily discussed in the design process - but maybe some tweeking would still not be out of hand - like not stopping the time while fighting in arena completely and letting it flow when speaking to folk…

-Normal timeflow could be something like 1gamehour = 3minutes, therefore whole day would last 72minutes (51 minutes of daylight, 21 minutes of night)

-Slowed timeflow when engaged in ANY interaction with other characters (conversation, fight) could be slowed 4times against normal gametime - so 1gamehour = 12minutes in rela time. In that way asking about reeky around Talmberg (which takes around half hour in realtime if you wait for everyone to say their lines) would only take about 2hours of gametime, which is reasonably long time to ask about someone in the village. You won´t spend whole afternoon on stuff like that…

-Also I believe people were rising and went to bed a bit earlier - they should be getting up about hour before sunrise to wash their face and eat something so they could be at work when it is sun already, on the other hand noone works the fields around the noon - it is the worst time imaginable to be for hours on the sun… so plenty of time to walk home for lunch or to do something around the house - field work is something you want to do before the noon and in the evening rather than in the full heat…

That should be all I have to say about the Beta so far - I am really thrilled about how it develops! It looks incredible and it is great fun for me to interact with the world in this intuitive natural way - great respect to warhorse for doing it this way, it must be incredibly complex to do and frankly I am surprised I did not experience more bugs…

regards, V.

8 Likes

Oh, sorry for the long post :wink:

2 Likes

Hi,

1: I do not know how I did it but now the game always crashes when I open something like a chest or even a bees hive. Was not the case before… (even worked before in the beta)
2: Additionally I often find pickable plants but I cannot pick them up as there is no name shown… it is about 1/3 to 1/2 of the plants around… a bit anoying…
3: Suddenly all peasants in Samopesh stopped and just standing around… You can talk to them but they do not move around… even after reloading.
4: I quite often found names of plants I could pick up but I haven’t seen.
5: Is it realistic (intended) that an apple in your inventory goes bad in ~24h?

Cheers,
Tajo

When going to military camp and talking to the combat trainer for his lesson KCD Beta kinda crashes, It blackscreens and I have to restart the game. Have anyone else have the same problem?

Am I doing the quests in the wrong order or what?

//LaShield

Tried to attach visual studio debugger. I think it’s 2nd day morning, not sure if it’s a new game or loaded one. I guess game crashed here twice, 2nd time on little herb garden, but I don’t believe it’s possible to reproduce.

There are some crashdumps, please let me know if they are somewhat useful https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0AvQE-aRFTEaDdlWUFRbWdfNTg/view?usp=sharing
I believe half of them are random crashes and half of them load bugs.
I don’t have debug symbols and I’m not much familiar with WinDbg but you can get stack trace and possibly more from them.

My game crashing too :frowning:

(Mabey it was here but…) when i complete quest Lesson of Chivalry, after fight i cant open inventory … or i mean, i can open inventory but after few seconds its close automatically :confused:
Ok EDIT: i can open inventory only when i attact solider again :smiley:

Definitely a bug. I’m guessing you can’t go back and talk to her?

I had the same issue. I’d just killed Runt’s gang members and saved Reeky (who I let go free, but he didn’t actually go anywhere). Anyway, I headed to the Mill and went inside to speak to Mirka who was still asleep. I woke her up and we spoke, at which point she says to meet her behind the windmill. That’s where things get buggy… she just reverts back to her standard routine, and you’re unable to interact with her or anyone else at the Mill after you trigger that conversation. This affected all my saves, and closing / reopening the game did not resolve the issue.

I ended up killing them all and stealing the millers hat. Pretty sweet hat really all things considered :smile:

1 Like

Not sure if bugs or on purpose.

Soldier’s Camp
-All but very advanced fight work. The last one freezes and crashes the game.

-After winning a fight, we are no longer rewarded with the armor we received in Alpha (so if anyone knows where to get the double curaiss, I’d be very grateful.)

-All soldiers try to attack/arrest you for theft.

Various
-Blacksmith’s don’t blacksmith. This is more of a problem as 1) shouldn’t they be able to repair broken armor/weapons? 2) should they not be able to sell armor/weapons?

-All women’s clothing clips, revealing their breasts. (Not that I mind. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Huehuehuehue)

-Lamallar shoulder plates do not show up if wearing hood. Works fine without hood.

-Inventory does not show if armor/clothing is better or worse for stats.

-Looting NPC opponents is marked as theft (yes, even Cumans are marked. Might just be because it’s a sin to desecrate the dead)

-Dropping anything makes it disappear forever.

-Shield does not block regardless of opponent’s swing. With only a sword this makes sense you don’t block all attacks, but the camera (and opponents) make it out to be that shields are very well capable of stopping blows from hitting.

-(SPOILER) If Reeky is not found before the first day is over, he is killed and only the bandits occupy the cave.

-Can walk/run/sprint regardless of weight but horse will not move if you weigh over a small amount. I constantly have this happen if I weigh 20+ lbs in equipment. Also horse cannot run for more than 30 seconds.

-Not a bug, but something I’m curious to hear from the devs. One of the pictures in the Beta has a knight in plate fighting a Cuman. His helmet is what’s getting to me; I adore sallets. Love them. But I know the style the knight had is from around 1460AD. How does he have a helmet that isn’t even from 1403AD?

Kolben’s Estate
-Timmy, despite being told and full well knowing he’s a dumbass, is stupid enough to consider fighting you over money or outright telling you where bandits are.

Thal-something or other. Beginning village area
-Castle gates are closed.

-Walking into water around bath house is death trap. Cannot escape no matter where I go, so just stuck in the water.

Have not visited Samopesh yet (and seeing the full map, I’ll have to see what’s up at that new village)

So here’s the update of my bug encounters.

Samopesh
-Getting into a fight with the red capped soldier bugs the Bailiff (Quest from Marianna the Tavern Owner) After the fight, both the soldier and the Bailiff will actively try to kill you, ending with me taking them to a field and killing them both so no one gets me in trouble.

Bandit/Cuman Camp
So I learned it wasn’t a village but a camp.
-Disguising doesn’t work (I’m told only cloth works, no armor, but I was still attacked)

-Even after fleeing, telling Sir Roberd and getting reinforcements, the Save Game button, sleeping and skip time will not work, saying you’re in combat the whole time.

-The battle will load, but then crash as soon as it’s loaded. No matter if it’s a straight playthrough or from a save.

A post was merged into an existing topic: ►Beta 1.0 Bug List (glitches and funny things)

So i’m trying to update my beta, but i receive this error:

Any way to clean everyting on it and start all over again?

1 Like

Quite right, I just couldn’t talk to her again. Though reverting to one of my own old save-games actually did help with that.

Hi @vorob ,
could you provide us with a certain log? If you open the FileExplorer and you enter %temp%, it redirects you to the desired folder.

There you have to find the log which is named KCD_Beta_date_and_time.log

Providing this file would be really helpful :slight_smile: to further analyze the issue.