►Beta 1.0 Bug List (serious bugs)

No, it’s a very common bug. I “simply” restarted the game since it was the very first thing I did and everything was ok on the first (would it count as second?) try.

Now I have another bug. I solved the mission of the rotten meat and found who has the bailiff’s key. Problem is I can’t speak with the Bailiff anymore. I get prompted with the key to press in order to talk to him but that simply has no effect. I can speak with anyone else I found but not him. WTF? Tried to save and reload but without success. Tried to restart the game (passing the usual 2 to 3 crashes [1 on game load, 1 just as the savegame is loaded and 1 about one minute later]) without solving the issues. Would very much like to avoid loading an even earlier save.

Other bug i saw, without taking a screen, is that the rain on the road from samopesh to the military camp looked like a river running across the street but the street is actually going uphill so that would be physically impossible.

Another random “freeze” crash tonight. I was just checking out the old building near Talmberg, dismounted, peeked through the closed board door, then turned around to leave, walked up to my horse, and the game froze solid. Had to go to task manager to get out, and a small window had popped up with the usual message–the program has stopped working and must be shut down blah, blah. Grrrrr…frustrating! So random–working great, good framerate, all is well, then just BAM–frozen solid!

I’m really impressed by this bug!
I started a new game.
I went to the wood cutters camp and picked nettles, thistles, and eye bright.
Then I went to the old woman in the woods up a little beyond the wood cutters camp where I greeted her, then went to her garden and picked more eye bright, st johns wort, and dandelions.
Then I made two archer (jaegers) potions.
I jumped on the horse and road down to the inn in Talmburg (without stopping to do anything else or talk to anyone on the way)
I talked with the bar maid and entered her shop.
I bought a couple of chicken legs and sold some herbs.
Then I talked with the inn keeper.
I put a bow and 24 arrows, a torch, and 10 bandages in the basket.
Then I stuck in a bunch of my thistles and st johns wort to sell to him to try to amortize the cost of the stuff I was buying.
I pressed X to do the basket.
Then X again to complete the transaction.
On the second X my system crashed so thoroughly ctrl-alt-delete wouldn’t rescue it (although the music played on for a while). I have a three screen setup. The left screen went completely black. The right screen when green. The middle screen (the one I was playing on went a light tan color.
I reset the computer to get it back. Ugh…
A program crash that ctrl-alt-del won’t rescue is really impressive WH!
But I suppose anything worth doing, is worth doing well.
FWIW in previous games (after save/load) the Talmberk inn keeper always acts kind of funny for me if I try to buy stuff (especially arrows) from him.

Oh yeah…
I’m running Windows 7 on an i7-870 with an EVGA gtx 970 ssc ac2.0 and 16gb of pc1600 ddr3 ram. Cpu cores running around 3.2ghz.

I tried a few times to get them to talk to me on the horse and they didn’t want to do it. The horse doesn’t disappear if I get off it and talk to them, and I can’t talk to them while mounted.

Based on your system specs and the logs provided, it should be running ok. Do you have the latest drivers/tried to verify the game files via Steam?

I fear @flaviodm has Launcher version. Otherwise he would have a Kickstarter badge.

Reinstall it is!!! On a more serious note, I’m afraid this might be the only option, as our launcher doesn’t support file verification yet.

1 Like

Hi,
if I want to fight in the arena in the camp, the screen goes black and I can do nothing or return to the menu. Where is the problem? Thanks a lot

I get the same Problem like Pvt.Farmr.

The Exercise Fight can be done without problems.

But when i speak to the Swordmaster again for the next fight, the screen goes black while loading it.

The only way to reset is ALT+F4.

Even tried it with a new Game. But same issue. (New Game without Save Point!)

When I want to shoot again someone in the camp, the guards are attacking me.
https://youtu.be/KN39vg0_6JM

A post was merged into an existing topic: Beta 1.0 Launcher Problems

A post was merged into an existing topic: Beta 1.0 Launcher Problems

This is one of the problems that should be fixed with the latest patch :slight_smile:

1 Like

Biggest Bug,
I asked for a live stream of Beta but got no ansers on it
Now I have to read this:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/286860/discussions/0/405694115219327887/
So it is uploaded to the youtube channel?

May be on youtube later right now you can watch it here.

1 Like

Haggling with the tavern keeper (from the poisoning Jerry quest) breaks the quest. I spoke to her, then sold her something, pressed haggle key and… nothing. Conversation ended, haggling minigame didn’t come up, and you can’t speak to that character anymore.

MIGHT be due holding a torch while we spoke, I can’t remember

had you already spoken to Mariana about the quest?

After initially talking to her about the situation she has nothing to discuss further on the matter until its resolved.

Her shop and Haggle has been buggy since implemented in the Beta.

Same to me at the beta

Sword training in the soldier camp works fine, but when I want to start a fight, after the questions about skill etc. game is frozen. Scenery background stays black. Only healthbar etc. is visible. Tried to load saved games, no changes.

This is still happening for you after the patch?