Crashes after 10 mintues of gameplay on 1.8.1 (PC)|Being investigated by WH, please scroll to the bottom of the thread

They replied to my ticket. Sent them my oldest and newest save. Hopefully they will know whats up. +)

It looks like it is savefile size related. New save - 5.6 MB all fine 30 hours in, savegame loads in 3-5 seconds. Broken save - 6.85 MB 30 hours in cosntant crashes and stutter on load, savegame load takes 1-2 minutes

1 Like

I have marked the same thing. A little shorter load time (40 seconds) but all in all the same.

Yeah, for me, Savegame size went up from a constant ~5.4MB to 7.5MB within a few saves.

Same problem here after 26h.

Come on WH, pls give us updates, if you know the reason for the crashes and fix it quickly. Many of us just can’t play the game anymore.

1 Like

same issue…again

I have the same problem. PC. After 26 hours.

Yes, i noticed that too. About 7,5 MB for a 30 hours savegame, but around 5,9 MB for a savegame with 28,7 hours on it. And i really haven’t done much in between.

I can confirm this as well. Suddenly 7.5MB saves -> crashing

If you are having trouble posting your save, there are a few options:

Compress your save(s) inside a zip/rar/7z file and try uploading that. Or email it.

Upload to Google Drive, Dropbox, Mega, post the link

Change the whs extension to something that is accepted, like txt or jpg. Once WH receives it they can just change the extension back to whs and analyze it. So for example, autosave.whs becomes autosave.txt. Changing the extension will not further corrupt the save or negatively affect it.

I’m running 1.8.1 from GOG and have not had any crashes on my 60+ hour save, but I have backed them up anyway in case it happens.

Where should we send the autosave?

Send it to support@kingdomcomerpg.com

Be sure to include the following information in your email:

• What platform do you use to play the game?
  • What version number does your game have?
  • A simple but precise description of the bug
  • Simple steps how to reproduce the issue
  • Attach a savegame if possible
2 Likes

All of this is unnecessary. Just attach the .whc file to an email and send it as outlined above.

Having the exact same issue really disappointing

The Game is unplayable in this state crashes every few minutes . I’m thinking about getting a refund now as I purchased a broken product which I can’t even play. I give them one more week to fix it than I will DEMAND refund.

Not exactly. I’ve been in contact with forum mods - my bug reports were jsut not coming through to support@kingdomcomerpg.com
No idea what was causing that. So a workaround to upload whs file to the forums is welcome

Send it with your gmail.

1 Like

Still no fix, which means another weekend without KC:D. Nice.

3 Likes

Its terrible i know…