Day 1 Patch statement

Four years after our Kickstarter campaign, our games is set to be released tomorrow. This is admittedly later than what we promised to our backers and later than we have originally envisaged. I don’t want to bore our backers with excuses and platitudes – taking time to deliver the awesome experience that YOU deserve – the simple truth is that the task was really big and our team still quite small and we also made mistakes along the way. However, we always wanted to deliver, to create the game we wanted and we believed you wanted. And one mistake we flatter ourselves on not doing, is succumbing to complacency. That means being constantly dissatisfied with the state of the game – not necessarily because it is bad, but because it could be better.

The production realities of console game development mean that ‘release’ version has to be submitted some three months before the actual release date. We could have used these three months to get some rest, or we could use it to create some additional content and sell it to you as DLC, but we went back to the version-to-be-released and worked on it and tweaked it and polished it and the results are obvious: all the animations have been fine-tuned, quests are more balanced, rpg progression is smoother, the game runs faster and is more stable; every facet of the game got some polish. The drawback of course is that most of the data in the old build were replaced and have to be downloaded as a patch. At hefty 25GB, it’s going to take some time and it’s a shame. Still, we strongly believe that after four year wait it will pay off to wait a little bit longer while the Day 1 patch is downloading. Trust me, it will deliver the awesome experience YOU deserve!

Sincerely,

Martin Klima
Executive Producer
Warhorse Studios

24 Likes

you mean tomorrow right?

and damn thats a large patch xD

the original post was on steam forums (maybe also somewhere else) and is already few days old

http://steamcommunity.com/app/379430/discussions/0/1700542332329719187/

thanks

10 characters

1 Like

Yes, martin was just working on this statement last week, and I just found his email today among all the other emails :slight_smile:

Is v 1.02 the latest version of the game?

@DrFusselpulli does this apply also to the PC Version especially the Size of the day 1 patch?

Worth it!
If the game is good that is, if the game turns out to be bad, then it’s not. But I think it will be awesmoe! I’m just worried that my computer will barely manage to run it. :frowning:

I would like to know what to expect in this regard too please?

PC DVD version that is.

Thank you in advance.

so wait i have a ps4 the game is 45 gb i pre downloaded it so will there be a day one that is another 25 gb patch for the ps4??

Zero, I’m sure you are fine with your current Download. See the other thread here:

thanks i check i am ok with my current downlaod

Yeah i hope i am able to install the game first and downloading the patch after it, separately :wink:
PS: Preload on Steam is ONLINE :sunny: (Germany, Berlin)

So, does this mean the patch will be released around midnight?
For me in EU the game will release in 4 hours.
Will the patch be available at the same time?

where are you in EU?

Sweden, on PSN.

Ok, I dont know about PSN I just know that it will release 9:00 o’clock CET
maybe this counts only for PC and PSN will have a different time… but the day 1 patch should be available right after release I guess

Dont know about that. Bought it digitally on PSN on their Swedish store.
The timer is counting down towards midnight with 3 hours & 50 minutes left.
Was just woundering if the day one patch would be available at the same time or if it comes out tomorrow.
Since there is alot of different regions and timezones.

I’d say it will release 9 o’clock Central European Time
but thats not 100% sure

But is that on Steam or is it on all platforms?