Delivery of Physical Copy

But that isnt how it works.

Shops can put an item on sale before the agreed release date. That is why some people get game earlier, and in cases of online games, like CoD, get banned. The shops either release the game early and grab some quick early sales before the game is available online. This has nothing to do with Warhorse.
The only thing you can accuse Warhorse of is that they haven’t updated your profile with tracking information.

And now that you mention the ‘huge’ download patch, it was well established that KCD would recieve a day one patch, and even how big it would be, a few weeks back. And it is how this industry works, again not really Warhorse’s fault. They have to send out the game to get printed on disks in the month or so after that they continue to fix problem that result in the day one patch.

1 Like

Yep, mine was damaged inside. The content is not damaged, but the box was

Well I checked my mail and I never got any information that my delivery would be delayed just because I was so hyped and pledged for an edition with a sword…
As a backer I would have expected atleast some personalised Information concerning the time of shipping…

Maybe they will ship the metal box and the other missing items later? I mean, I get that it is hard to exactly depict items that will not get produced until years later but saying that you will get a sturdy metal box and then instead you get some paper box is a rip-off in my opinion.

Frankly, I am glad I did not go for a sword. If what we have seen so far is anything to go by, disappointment is certain to occur.

Yes. And because shops can do this, WH could have given a head start priviledge to their backers. Nothing more, nothing less.

2 Likes

I’m not talking about people getting early, annoying though that is. I just want to know my copy is on its way. I assume all copies come from the same location in Europe (?) in which case there is no way I’ll get mine in time. And BTW I don’t really mind not having it day one as long as I know I can expect it very soon after. Communication is all I want :slight_smile:

The game not being finished is Warhorses fault, they could choose to move release to make sure it is as finished and polished as can be… and other devs do actually manage this. Obviously not all bugs can be squashed prior to release, and I fully accept patches (I’ve been gaming a long time) but accepting these ridiculous vast post release content/patches show the industry is in a very poor state and something you would not get away with in other sectors.

This is not how it should work.

1 Like

Well… I just found something. The Duke edition is exactly the same as the collection edition which you can buy in the shops now. The only difference is that it cost almost 3x times less then what I have paid for the Duke tier… I mean like the backers made this possible and we are getting the same content as everyone else, but we paid a lot more :confused:

Another problem is that you can actually buy nicer editions now then what backers are receiving still for less money as you can see here:

Nice box typical for collectors edition, cloth map, nicer art book etc.

4 Likes

Oh come on warhorse. Some shops are giving you steelbook in collection edition for free, which is not included in non of the kickstarter tier. So to summed it up you can pay almost 3x times less then on kickstarter and you will get exactly the same + steelbook for free

3 Likes

Still trying to understand how the figurine (which was actually sold as an action figure…) is supposed to fit into the box.

Holy cow bois it could be it :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: if its not some horseshit from Aliexpress :smiley:

What the fuck? The Duke edition is supposed to be:

Are you saying that’s changed? Where’s the confirmation of that? If the edition I backed changed some point between 2014 and now I absolutely EXPECT to be informed of that by email.

I can’t remember the last time we backers received an update via Email that specifically related to our backing of the project.

3 Likes

Given by what we know so far, it would seem so…

Silver coins will come, metal figure in our edition but resin in the shop collectors edition, bigger box for us, dice set for us. and thats cofirmed by unboxing video!

1 Like

It seems so, because few hours ago my Duke edition arrived… No email, no info about that something changed. It just doesn’t seem fair. We were buying/supporting the game 3 years ago with the risk that the game might never be done and seen in the lower tiers like baron you could get more stuff cheaper, but every edition higher then Baron will get you less thing for more money then you can buy now…

1 Like

I think its up ti thw people that delivered (DHL&their pqrtner in your country)that you disnt recive any message.

The box we get may be bigger in terms of height but in terms of depth it is smaller. It is also not a metal box which is what it was advertised as. This looks like they did not want to spend as much on rewards and half-assed it. I have seen people make their own collector’s editions or big box versions of games that have looked better and sturdier.

1 Like

Well but you have Deluxe edition, we have paid for Duke edition, which should have things like special edition metal box, signed poster etc. Oh and I just noticed that there should also be Screenplay of Act I, I am not sure if I have seen that on the dvd, I will have to check that

1 Like

Hmmmm, stil no e-mail:

There’s an unboxing video of the Duke edition? Can you link to it please?

1 Like

hm not sure wich edition, I dont speak czech…

here thats ehat im talking about: looks different to the collectors stuff from gamestop: