Disappointed! This guy was right about KC:D all along

Best 60 bucks ive ever spent on a video game

3 Likes

You know what’s also not cool? Not being able to get past the first quest.

1 Like

Lol what a fucking troll, this game looks ten times better than Skyrim.

Skyrim was never that great looking, even when it came out it looked dated, which is pathetic, considering it did literally nothing new, and was a huge step back from Oblivion in many ways.

3 Likes

On PS4, after 1.03, this is not the case. I am happy that you are experiencing what you paid for, but many users, myself included, are not. Just go to the Bugs forum and see my point.

My point by saying that I expect Skyrim graphics is that I do not have a high expectation to begin with, and they are failing to meet that expectation.

Again, very happy that you have a platform you can enjoy your product on in the way it was intended. I am not in that category, my game runs like garbage. Many, many other users have these issues as well.

If that’s trolling to you, then you are a fanboy.

Lol bullshit, Skyrim looks like dogshit on consoles.

1 Like

Okay, but, the thing is, it at least has a managable field of view and you don’t see ALL NPCS IN THE ENTIRE GAME SPAWNING NAKED AND THEN WATCHING ALL OF THEIR ARMOR LOAD ON TOP OF THEM

1 Like

In my opinion the game is great
 It’s just loaded with bugs and the Mid-Late game is very unbalanced. Time and hard work will fix these issues. No it shouldn’t have been released in the state its in but I am sure Warhorse had their reasons and there is nothing that can be done now. I’d rather constructively support Warhorse and report bugs etc instead of constantly complaining about something that has already been done.

That is a bug, has nothing to do with graphical quality.

Skyrim does not look better, and that’s retarded to even argue that. The only way it’s going to look better than the KC:D ps4 version, is with heavy graphical mods on the pc, even then you can put lipstick on a pig, but it’s still a pig.

Iam 52 hours in, my pc isnt even high end (i5 7500, 8gb ram, gtx 1060 6gb, ssd) and iam playing on ultra 1080p with mostly fps 40-60 in open areas, it only drops to 20-30 in cities but still playable. Sofar i got stuck two times, and encountered one glitch. Also no loading times in cut scenes.

Only the melee combat feels clumsy and i find it hard to use the right direction in the retangle while being wrecked by the enemy in the meantime. Archery is hard but doable after some practice, my favorite combat style sofar.

Overall i like KCD

I thought about arguing with you, but if you really think graphical bugs have nothing to do with graphics then I don’t really know what to say to you.

Trust me, PC and PS4 are a completely different ball game. You might have actually got what you paid for, but I certainly didn’t.

I will say that Skyrim’s graphics were certainly dated. Bethesda has been using the Creation Kit (or engine) for all of the ES games, only updating its software, resulting is less than quality graphics. Even the remastered version’s graphics leaves much to be desired. You can polish a turd till it shines, but its still a turd. KC:D has definitely started off on the wrong foot here, with major graphical issues and game breaking bugs like corrupted or missing save files. I paid good money for a non triple A title, which i certainly something i dont do often, so I expected more for my money. Hopefully these issues are addressed in a timely fashion for the consumer’s sake.

1 Like

You’re not understanding me. I’m saying the graphical quality of KC:D is much higher than Skyrims, I’m not saying there aren’t bugs, but if you want to talk bugs, Skyrim is still riddled with them despite being an 8 year old game, while KC:D has only been out for a week.

3 Likes

I would say to those who are extremely disappointed in the quality of the game, the game play, and the bugged issues that surround the husk of the game, should try to get their money back and play something else more tuned to their liking. Myself, im on the fence, im a little bored, a little unsatisfied, and quite disappointed, im unsure if i want to return the game, so I will wait and see, and continue to play but something has to be done soon about the game breaking issues this game is riddled with.

I hear what you’re saying. I agree, in a perfect vacuum of imagination, this game would be better looking than Skyrim.

The truth is that this game is full of jaw dropping bugs. The field of vision that renders high quality texture is so close to the player that it breaks immersion. Often, if you leave your game running for a few hours, the textures will cease loading entirely, leaving you surrounded with basic structures where textures should be mapped but are not.

This happens often. This isn’t an occasional, “oh, shit, wow” moment. This is an immersion-shattering graphical problem occuring 100% of the time for me, and for a very good portion of that time it gets even worse because textures will cease loading.

I understand that you think this game is better looking than Skyrim, and for many users, it is.

I don’t have a product that is worth 20 dollars, much less 60. I don’t have a working product. So, let’s agree that you have a version that you are happy with, and I have a version that doesn’t fucking work.

Do we understand each other?

2 Likes

Or for a lot of people
 Texture popping aside this game looks leagues above Skyrim on my pc.

All i can say is be patient, and look at past games if you think this is an isolated issue wth open world rpgs. The Witcher 3 and Skyrim had horrible launches, and Skyrim is still very buggy.

1 Like

Dude. You have a PC. It is entirely different on PC. Trust me. Take a moment to look through PS4 users complaints on this forum and get back to me. Like, I’m not even mad at you for defending this product on PC. It is completely different on PS4, though. It is not optimized at all.

I have never had a single open world rpg completely delete 3 playthroughs over 2 major patches.

Many people had that issue with Skyrim. My self included, the amount of bugs i ran into on the 360 made it a chore to play the game.

1 Like

The graphics are better than skyrim for sure, that goes without saying. I dont have much issue with graphics as I do with the bugged up essence of the game, and surprisingly a skewed vision of immersion. The game boasts REALISM ! buuuuuttt
not so much. Needs work for sure. Can we start with a more responsive AI please ! :slight_smile: