Disappointed! This guy was right about KC:D all along

does skyrim have such a good kodex? does it have alchemy, does it have a real background story? does it have realism? does it have such art and architecture? cmon just look at the paintings on the walls and the detailed map.
Does skyrim have npc’s with daily routines? Does it have such nice skill/perk system and clothing thats actually historically accurate? Does it have physical collision combat? Does it have these gorgeous graphics?
Imo this game is way better than skyrim, but If you like skyrim more then go play skyrim

3 Likes

I will compare it to Andromeda, and dragon age inquisition, this squashes bioware.

I havent played those games you mentioned

1 Like

I just looked them up, you’re comparing two games i could barely put in the same genre. A 3rd person robot dinosaur hunter (backed by Sony i believe) and the newest assassins creed? Lol i think your problem is you hate the realism

1 Like

And with the exception of a few minor graphical glitches, this game works fine for me

1 Like

I’m nowhere near a fanboy and I was very skeptic until the release, though I preordered it. And yes, this game has some hilarious scenes, as well as very dramatic and jaw dropping epic moments. Just tell me that you didn’t laugh at the boozing with a priest scene, I won’t believe you. The point here is, that this game is much more mature than all modern AAA franchises, and the humor here is probably not for schoolboys. Humour and drama in this game are hidden under a coat of a real life-like story which surrounds us everywhere and that’s what makes it a gem. Though you might haven’t experienced it yet.

The elitism in my posts though :smiley:

3 Likes

I agree, the priest scene was amazing and pretty much my night life in a nutshell

2 Likes

Fighting is god awful in skyrim compared to this. One hit bow kills. Just swing your sword or weapon to kill. Sneak is very unrealistic too. High enough sneak you can crouch in a corner right in front of an enemy in broad daylight. Dont get me wrong I enjoy skyrim, its just on another plane in terms of this genre. You cannot compare the 2. If Bethesda had made KCD it would be bigger and more polished. It all about the money backing it. Besides one corrupted save I havent had any game breaking bugs. Elder scrolls oblivion to skyrim was 6 years. But alot of the code and assets were reused or all ready there for updating. KCD was built from nothing. I enjoy the game. Some here do not or cannot. Seems like its a different exp for everyone.

4 Likes

Very good points. Really the only comparison would be that (even with budget and assets) they also had bugs.

I haven’t had a corrupt save on kcd yet, but i definitely had some ruined saves on skyrim.

Yeah the corrupted save really popped my balloon for sure, I was so 32 hours in, not super far in the game just messing around and taking my time and I had to start all over again. Skyrim angered me sooo much, but when that game was released it had substance, it wasn’t like anything else on the market especially for console players. KC:D needs work for sure, lots of work, I wish they waited to release this game to iron out the kinks. Its fun dont get me wrong, just wish they waited a little longer.

Maybe they should’ve waited, but personally im so glad to be playing a game that isnt a cookie cutter production. The triple a studios are controlling the content right now and its not good. We need innovation like this, before ita all clones of giant micro transaction games

3 Likes

I agree with you. The gaming industry now is plagued with major labels releasing half finished content for full price, then forces the consumer to pay additional revenue for “DLC”, and now loot crates and boxes are everywhere, because they know kids will gamble away their money on a chance to get something unique to their gaming experience. Hellblade was a great game, indie developer, released under major market value, and was quite successful. I have higher expectations for my gaming experience than what was delivered by WH, i do hope they pull this thing together.

We can lump how games are delivered into big categories but it doesn’t cover every aspect of a developers reasons/schedules for what they did.

KC:D is filled with bugs from quest breaking ones to very funny and amusing ones. But when you look at the fact that this is the first game from this developer who needed to kickstart for money and then actually make a game that isnt getting absoultely destroyed for how it is so far, you cant throw WH into any of those categories.

Personally im loving the game but that isnt w/o using tweaks that i know cant be made on console, and i paid 45, not 60. I think its worth the 45 i spent. I mean you could have something empty like Destiny 2 or something. But at least this game is huge and theres a bunch of stuff to do, bugged or not.

Thats a fair perspective I can agree with that. I Paid 60, i feel like I should have only paid 45, then I wouldn’t be so disappointed, well, within reason. However I do feel like when the developers have patched all they can, and take in some of the consumers thoughts, we should receive a pretty solid indie game as an end result. That’s speaking optimistically, not pragmatically.

I haven’t been this satisfied with a game in a long time. I paid 60 bucks and ill buy thier future developments if thet stick to the idea. Im concerned that a lot of the negativity is centered around the concept and not the bugs. Every thing can be improved upon, but i prefer a few bugs to waiting 8 years

3 Likes

The game needs a whole lot of things fixed but the developers have done a good job considering this is their first game. It really seems to be an issue of quality over quantity.
Honestly the developers should have waited a bit and released it without the bugs though people are much less patient with games these days too, so I assume they made the “sell now and fix it in a few patches, then possibly throw in some free new content to shut people up” choice.
I only found out about KCD a few days before it’s release so I don’t know the full history of it’s development but the developers seem to have made a promise and delivered on it. Whereas with star citizen they keep deferring the release date (shouldn’t it have been done in late 2016?) so much (most likely so they can make billions off the “would you like to ‘pledge’ $400 on a pixel ship we haven’t released yet, we promise we won’t have the same system when we fully release the game…”) that I’ve lost interest entirely.
It does seem like the developers have spent a genuine amount of time and effort working on the game and are listening to their playerbase about issues.

Right now it’s no masterpiece, but it isn’t awful either.

I haven’t played hellblade but it doesn’t look like its same genre. It kinda looks like god of war

Its Norse themed. venture through hell to save her husband’s soul. It has excellent game play for an indie game, and received pretty good reviews. Development team of only 20 people, which by today’s standard is pretty impressive.

1 Like

Wh says theyve got 80 people. The little kick-start money they raised would be ate up fast by 80 people.

But when i compare this to most rpgs, kcd is a lot better

Honestly, the game being absolite shit is shit. The game being buggy as hell? Fuck yea, its on the level of bethesda. Which, is p damn bad if we are honest.

I don’t know how bad it really is on console. I was lucky enough to have a PC built that can handle the game on low-medium decently. (Those texture popins tho)

I’ve had games that I wanted to love that were just technically a mess and I had some bad problems before. I can understand the outrage.

But, do keep in mind a lot of these folks are entering game dev for the first time, and the studio is brand new.

You have a right to be angry, but arguing and bitching at other customers and shitting on the game is not the constructive way to handle things. Give them abit. They really chose the wrong engine for complexity imo.

Losing your saves isn’t okay, I get that. But, at the same time, making a game port to another OS it was not designed on and around is hard as shit.

I play on xbox and i just haven’t had any problems and its an amazing new (refreshingly new), concept

1 Like