Documentary

2:07 Warhorses
2:09 Large battles
2:16 Dungeons and no dragons
2:19 First person medieval sandbox

:lying_face: or reality?

1 Like

they probably got cocky/forced by investor to make the game for consoles and expand the benefits

Not to spoil your fun, but KCD was always going to be for consoles and PC even from Kickstarter.

that they watch again their Kickstarter Trailer (until 2:24), in order to look themselves into the mirror and realise of what could have been:

In what sense do you mean? Are you referring to 0:22 to 0:27, which is most likely going to happen in KCD2 where we siege Rattay with the Hussites? At 1:06, 1:14, 1:16, the Templars and us climbing a ladder are all shown and will most likely be part of KCD2’s ~120 hour storyline. Or did you mean 1:20 to 1:24, which I believe is the Battle of Grunwald, which happened in 1410, 7 years after KCD is set (also 1:30 to 1:37 is still the Battle of Grunwald) Again, this’ll most likely be in KCD2’s ~120 storyline. Or do you just mean graphic wise the Kickstarter is much better than the current graphics of KCD? Or did you perhaps mean about all the missing content promised from in that Kickstater video that are slowly trickling in through DLCs because they were cut for either time constraints or because Dan Vavra wasn’t satisfied with the level of quality they were at, especially horse combat.

1 Like

I don’t see where you find any fun in my comments, it’s quite the contrary… Nope, not to spoil your fun/cocky attitude, but that’s simply incorrect: KCD was originally planned for PC, and only when they knew for sure they were gonna make it happen, they confirmed the release for consoles (it was planned, but not confirmed; that’s the difference).

I’m not gonna read your spoilers. Well, if you’re happy/cocky about getting what was announced for KCD in KCD2, it’s your own problem :smiley:

No hes correct. Says right here on the kickstarter page
Planned platforms: PC, Xbox One*, PS4*, Mac, Linux

Dosen’t say, "confirmed for pc, but planned for console. You also choose what platform to back on when the kick stater came out, back in February of 2014.

2 Likes

Fyi to all the people calling Warhorse liars. I have been on this forum every day since the inception of this forum. It’s not like all these features, like crossbows, and complex horse combat where planned then simply didn’t show up in the finished product. Warhorse announced a long time in advance what features were going to be cut.

6 Likes

Mmmm I see you kind of forgot to copy this as well:

"Planned platforms: PC, Xbox One*, PS4*, Mac, Linux

• (* symbol) Publishing on closed platforms is subject to approval by the platform holder. This can also influence release date there."

Obviously, they’re not as stupid to launch Kickstarter without the maximum support in order to get the maximum funds and be able to continue with the project.

Who is calling them a liars? I think some people have serious reading/understanding issues, or can’t stand any critical view in their lives… If you have seen my previous/initial posts, I’m following Warhorse and the development since 2010/2011, when there was only PC announced/planned. I love the game, I have written before about and given constructive criticism (Love the game, but think I found a serious flaw). Honestly, many people came later and after seeing from the first time that all platforms would be supported, they wrongly assumed it was like that since the beginning.

The documentary made me remember the KCD trailers before the game was finally stable and confirmed. The video is enough proof to see that the game is not what was announced at the end, unfortunately. So why not working hard on fixing bugs and get back the cut content before DLCs? Is that too difficult to understand?

No i didn’t. Your bullshit assumption that Warhorse had to cut features, due to “making the game for consoles” is absolute garbage. They were planning this game around consoles as well as pc from day 1, period.

If you want to split hairs, we can say it was never really “confirmed” for pc either, since Kickstarer projects are not 100% guarantees.

Source please.

1 Like

Ok, you have serious understanding issues… Did you watch the trailer and the final game? Or you just like to bullshit around?

HAHAHA Great cynical try :lying_face:

Well, it’s quite funny, you’re accusing me of bulshitting and saying my comments are garbage (if you have to use subjective adjetives instead of arguments, you don’t have much to say or contradict), but you ask for sources at the same time (when you curiously missed to copy the important source of contradiction) as if this is the scientific world… :joy:

It was the way it was announced since the beginning (PC; will see for consoles) and during Kickstarter. After Kickstarter, during the middle/last stage of KCD development, they confirmed console support. You can ask more people in these forums (not the first time I’ve mentioned this, and other people confirmed). At the same time, some of Warhorse workers said in one of their videos/weekly torches that if they had known the issues about porting the game to consoles, they may have postponed it.

Just for your information, so you get calm, I found two related threads:

Continuing the discussion from How will the early access, Beta and Alpha tests be given to console backers?:

It was planned for consoles since the very beginning (Vavra even mentioned consoles in Kickstarter video).

But we should not forget that PC should have come out first and console version later.
Later Warhorse made deal with Deep Silver, they took care of physical copies, but their condition was simultaneous release for consoles and PC.

The simultaneous release in my opinion hindered both PC and console versions.

4 Likes

I have updated my previous post.

I fully agree on delaying consoles version in order to polish PC version and hence get both quality PC and console versions, but you’re incorrect: it was all announced initially as PC support, and console support to be seen/planned but not confirmed.

You’re literally just moving the goal posts. Show me proof that KC:D was ever planned as a pc exclusive or shut up.

Consoles and pcs were the platforms the day the kick starer project began. Also more bs on you part, about porting. They never planned a port, from the beginning they said they would develop KC:D individually for each platform.

1 Like

Per the above quote and Kickstarter asterisks, it seems they were hoped for or stretch goals … kind of like warhorses, large battles, dungeons and sandbox except WH were able to make good on consoles with their maiden product

1 Like

Quote is wrong. It was never marketed as a pc release, ever. The chances of it going on console were tied with the success of the kick starter project, same with pc. Warhorse never expressed doubts of it not making to consoles.

1 Like

Hahahahaha You’re very special… :drooling_face: Poor boy, you were too cocky, disqualifying without any proof… and now, that the evidences contradict you clearly, you still keep on denying the reality…

Moving the goal posts? Show me specifically in what I’m supposedly lying or bullshitting, I’m very much looking forward (SOURCES) :wink: If only you could buy some dignity, but it’s not possible… It’s better to stay quiet and look as a fool than talking and confirming it :kissing_heart:

Starting to look very ridiculous… :lying_face:

Proof of what exactly?

All the claims here are being made by you. You’re splitting hairs saying “consoles were never for sure confirmed”, using that logic neither was the pc release, because the kickstarter may have been unsuccessful.

You never provided proof for this.

Absolute bs right here.

More bs here, they never planned on porting the game.

1 Like

Impressive! Such is the level… Post-truth means lie, don’t get confused… Seriously, take your time to think, no rush :wink::lying_face:

You sound like Trump, by the way… High intelect, no doubt.

Well thanks for proving to us how completely full of shit you are by not linking any evidence to back up your claims. :grinning:

1 Like

I have already provided you enough evidences, but your brain is so small to cope with being wrong… Do you have Dunning–Kruger effect, in its dumb sense?

“The cognitive bias of illusory superiority comes from the inability of low-ability people to recognize their lack of ability; without the self-awareness of metacognition, low-ability people cannot objectively evaluate their actual competence or incompetence.”

Until no evidences from your side are brought, you’re just a kid saying irrespective adjectives; hence, a waste of my time. When you act as a mature person, I’ll be glad to prove you wrong again. Kisses :kissing_heart::drooling_face:

So what word do you prefer in lieu of marketed for the non-asterisks

Planned platforms: PC, Xbox One*, PS4*, Mac, Linux

That’s verbatim text from the Kickstarter link

Mac and Linux were actually planned as well, confirmation was probably not given.
Guys, stop saying shit in this topic. It’s about documentary and not your egos. Leave your rants in private messages. I will block this, if you continue.

1 Like