E3 2017: Warhorse & Kingdom Come: Deliverance

“For instance, wearing a heavy plated helm will partially obscure your vision, and might make it impossible to use a bow. Some helms will have a toggleable visor, but fighting with the visor up will protect the player less…”

Very interesting. Maybe they will also show this in next presentations.

Another hands on:

1 Like

I would like to know whether there is a plan to “improve” or change the way people “move” (or rather stand still) while in a conversation. In the Beta and according to the article, they are just kinda swaying backward and forward which I think may be a big contributing factor to why the conversations may feel “wooden”.

1 Like

Will there be something interesting even for backer who are following the game? Or it will be just antother version of things we have already seen?

1 Like

Those three parts are the first quest that was party shown during the SE presentation, big battle (I don’t know how big, but i’ve read about two dozens), and combat.

This one is much more opimistic (german):

Translation with google

Conclusion
Kingdom Come: Deliverance left us extremely positive. The enthusiasm of the developers called memories of another Eastern European project called - right! - The Witcher, which we saw for the first time on the E3 many years ago. The work of the Warhorse Studios already looks much better than Geralt’s first assignment, thanks to Cryengine.
Focusing on a historically accurate scenario with its realistic armor, weapons, and fighting, Kingdom Come: Deliverance gives its very own charm that quickly captivates you. Of course, it is difficult to give a comprehensive assessment after half an hour, but we dare to say that one of the best adventures of the next year could be here.

4 Likes

they probably don’t want to have their reputation ruined by being associated with e3

Josh Sawyer(Fallout: New Vegas, Pillars of Eternity) is happy, so I’m happy too, but I’d like to see the gameplay.

1 Like

Nah, just Game of The Year. That’s enough. :wink:

Here is another article by Fextralife:

1 Like
2 Likes

That bit in there on the hand to hand is exactly why I want a new combat based beta.

So much has changed in the combat I really wish they would have made updates for these important gameplay mechanics.

The region the game takes place in was, at this time, divided into many small territories with many small kings. Henry’s king, Wenceslas, has been kidnapped by another king (a German one!) who is now threatening to take over the region. Wenceslas apparently sucks, though, and the game made sure I understood why someone might approve of the invading German potentate. They also made sure I understood why someone might support Wenceslas, even though he’s a drunken loser who refuses to do his job properly.

2 Likes

Sigh.

His half brother Sigismund is the King of Hungary. Wenzel controls the German lands as part of the Kingdom of the Romans (though he does not become Emperor of the HRE, in part because to accept the title from one Pope would legitimise that side in the Schism and make him an enemy of the other Pope (both promoted by the same group of Cardinals)).

1 Like

Sigismund was a half-brother to Wenceslaus IV of Bohemia.
Both had the same father. Charles IV, Holy Roman Emperor.
Sigismunds mother was Elizabeth of Pomerania and her parents were Bogislaw V, Duke of Pomerania, and Elisabeth of Poland.
Wenceslaus mother was Anna von Schweidnitz and her parents were the Polish Duke Henry II of Świdnica-Jawor and Katherine of Hungary.

Wenceslaus was King of the Romans (=German King) from 1378 to 1400 (he still claimed to be King of the Romans but his claims were ignored).
Sigismund was crownd as King of the Romans 1410.
The game starts 1403 at this time Wenceslaus was King of Bohemia and Sigismund King of Hungaria.
So for me it is clear that both were as german as they weren’t.

3 Likes

Please note the new time for the livestreeam today, there is a change, it will be 45 minutes earlier.
The time in the first post is already updated.

1 Like

Concerning the animations there are new answers from a WH animator in Weekly Torch, and it’s really disturbing. The animator literally says he can’t tell what’s wrong with the animations in the E3 presentation. :fearful: He also said the moonwalk is there to stay and avoided any question about whether the animations will be improved.

2 Likes

Because he has not seen the livestream. Thats why he can´t tell exactly what the question was asking about.

3 Likes

But how can he not know what animations look like in the game build you present on E3? He must have worked on them haven’t he? He literally says in the interview he is “co-responsible for motion of all characters and props in the game”.

No, he needs to know about the details to give a proper answer. I would have asked him, If he would be in the office, but he left a couple of minutes ago, so I was not able to do that, thats why this was part of his answer:

I can’t really tell more without better description of the parts you found displeasing.

1 Like

I am very sad when i read new weekly torch. Realistic animations is very very important in realistic looking game.

Seeing how the game fades in the players for
bad animations like the andromeda would be very sad. :frowning: