From the Ashes DLC feedback

I just can’t resist, it’s soooo tempting … miserable me …

Ok, so Agile development guidlines are just one of many methodologies that you can use during development, many of which even don’t have such fancy names. You know that Warhorse uses Agile development? I don’t and I doubt it.

You, as a software vendor, should also know how often client says “can you add something like this to your software? It is just a small change”, and you have to explain him why it is in fact very difficult and why it would raise the price a lot.

Also please keep in mind that game development is different from utility software programming. You don’t start with clear specification, and at any time you can hear “You made it as good as you could, but somehow I just don’t like it. Let’s make it in different way, maybe I will like it better then.” There is a lot of art involved, and feeling and emotions; not only craft. Just look at those warhorses of yours. You can say “there are no proper warhorses” and I can say “there are warhorses of course” and we are both right based on our own points of view. That is something you will rarely experience in your “improve life or kill” job.

Absolutley right, as fast as it can be for regular children players.
Oh yeah we want same crap like other games and WH can spit on his principle! :smiley:
First there was no room for such skyrim/witcher/sims features and after some crying babies they break the rule! Most here didnt want a speical unique game, they want the same amount of features like everytime. Make some great or leave that shity dlc concept, simple. You realizing there isn’t enough time to polishing a concept like FtA. kk, then the whole idea was shit! If FtA is a product of the community response, it is a sign of personality weakness to not follow principles.

And that is why I wrote “give feedback, don’t demand”. There is just nothing more to say, now the feelings are here. “I want this! But I don’t!” There are no OBJECTIVE criteria to judge quality of DLC, even if you want to make impression that there are some. Subjective ones are of course also important, but I myself DON’T want Warhorse to spend too much time and money on making FTA better. That is my subjective feeling, please respect it.

No shit Sherlock. The point is that Agile frames develop around simple ideas expressed relative to user functionality. The example shows how incomplete ashes was in developing a home.

Depends. Some vendors will triage the request. If technically feasible and profitable, they’d make the change and bill you for it. Others such as SaaS (single instance multi tenant) vendors (readily) accept enhancement requests, but they won’t explain why it’s difficult. They’ll implement it if it suits them. It helps them if clients explain the value proposition (ie, the way it would be in demand by other clients). You may get an identifier for your enhancement request along with its status.

That’s a specious claim as Daniel has said they haven’t done so

You overestimate the nature of software development covered by the regulations and guidelines of the US FDA, EU EMA and Japan PMDA

It’s not my job. I’m just familiar with the industry. Beyond that, how much of a reduction of anthropometric/biometric value is normal variation vs a statistically significant value vs a clinically significant value. Modern medicine (and sports science) even for all the pretense of being objective based is still imprecise and much an art.

1 Like

Define too much time and money

WH feels differently from you as they’ve asked users to provide steam ratings

Matthew 7:12

1 Like

Each point requires longer discussion, that will bore every reader, if he is not bored already. It is hard to resist the tempting to have the last word, but I will try. Discussion about software in modern medicine would be interesting to me, but it has nothing to do with the game, so let it be. I will react to only thing - that steam reviews is the only objective (or closer-to-objective) metric. I agree with that. The loads of text here in forum should provide only the feedback, which is not objective, but can act as a guide that will give Warhorse very rough directions. But it is not the only thing that will influence further development, and you can’t demand it.

Is listening to the community anathema to WH and KCD? Not sure I’d agree. Or don’t understand the principles you cite and attribute to them.

Did WH cave in? Maybe. There’s good cave in and bad cave in. Good cave in: you listen and deliver much of what is desired or you augment that with other valued content. Bad cave in: you listen but don’t deliver much of what is desired or of value. Honestly, think FtA is somewhere in between. Said long ago adding home features and some other touches can make ashes sublime.

1 Like

I’ve never demanded anything. For you to suggest so is dishonest

That you acknowledge steam as an objective metric contradicts your earlier assertion. The ashes poll itself offers metrics of no epistemological difference with steam. the poll split outs the evaluation into areas and provides greater specificity and actionable information than the (closer-to) objective steam rating

Btw, Likert scales (an essence replicated in the ashes poll) are used more and more in medicine nowadays especially as US and others push for more data relative to quality of life and health economics

1 Like

Before everbody came with the ridiclious idea of a AC2/Herathfire villgae concept,
WH said they will not create a simulator where you live. No Farming, Housebuilding, Marriage, Adoptions, Become a Knight or WHATEVER! And now they break her own Rules to get more money (i dont care for the reason, it is again the money, like everytime)
Breaking the rule to get the players from other singelplayer game universes.
Oh and i am shiting on the fact that i have 1 mil. groshens after campaign and everything other.
Mass Effect has the same problem but no one cares about the money after certain points in campaign.
And any attempt to refute that, pulls past my ass. That was long enough topic. So I know what WH said.

If it was up to me, that shame dlc would not exist

2 Likes

to copy functionality from Rattay/Sasau to Pribyslavitz (ie ‘home’ services) isn’t adding any ‘simulator’ qualities that WH hasn’t already been created. Even if WH added hamlet based battling it wouldn’t (cf Ruin)
accordingly your simulator rant seems misplaced

I’ll be checking on your simulator indignity level after amorous adventures is released

1 Like

Oh yes if you think so bj
The whole dlc concept is for such situation. Again, not my problem if your perception skills are damaged. But i guess now you’re loving the dlc again, right?! How contradictory you all are!

News flash, sparky! I already have homes in Rattay and Sasau. Can’t help it if your obtuse nature precludes you from recognizing such

2 Likes

Not the same situation, you genius!
And for your brain here the descr.
You will get these houses or better rooms from story and other things, FtA wants to reach that living situation. So Welcome to a new Sims Addon!

I have no idea want you intend to mean by that. In Sasau, I put down some money for a permanent room at the inn, and viola home. In Rattay, I just stay at chez Peshek as a lifelong boarder. They are both home. They got a place where I can store my stuff, sleep and partake of the other ‘home’ services. Just want the same in my Bohemian home in the north

2 Likes

You want kidding me! You compare an Inn with FtA. And you calling it the same living situation!
Sorry but for me you have no insight anyway.

The Rathaus is worse than the room at the inn! At the Sasau inn, you sleep in your own room. In the Rathaus, you share your room with 2 others

They aren’t the same living situation. Hence, the enhancement request to add home services to Pribyslavitz

2 Likes

No I would not. FtA is inferior. For 200G you can get a room, storage, nearby ALL services and a place to get wasted just down stairs or the next room.
FtA: spend 50k groshen and not even get 1/3 of the services and is very much out of the way to get to.

1 Like

And?! What has the balancing of the payment system to do with the whole concept design.
Stop distracting!

200 vs 50,0000 and my own room. I’ll stay at the Inn

1 Like

It’s called getting what you pay for. Perhaps that’s an alien concept to you

1 Like