From the ashes is boring and way too short

A lot of people (myself included) don’t really find the fun in looting tons of gear to sell. It’s a boring grind. Just play the game naturally and earn the groschen slowly

I like hunting (most dangerous game) and collecting (want my guys to have the best; have a fantasy about equipping a squad… my band of bastards) so the grinding isn’t a grind for me

That is exactly how I played the game as well. I hate grinding, and that is one of the main reasons I don’t play MMOs.
In KC I took about 5% of all the loot I found and never focused on income, just sold the extras when I needed to clear the inventory a bit, and STILL had money to burn at the end of the game.
I don’t mind the idea of the DLC. On the contrary. I’m just very disappointed by the lack of content in it; that’s quests as well as building options. And since Fallout 4 was mentioned in a post above, I felt more involved in building my base there than I did here :(((.

I have just barely finished building up the town and had Divish give me his seal of approval. I started the DLC shortly after I had cleared Pribislavitz. I didn’t have much money.

It actually made it more enjoyable for me because my Henry had spent nearly all his money before putting anything in the chest on good weapons and armor. It started off with me putting everything I had (3,000) in the chest and leaving it be while I made some money. I have just beat the Monastery and took Pious to Rattay. Only now do I have the village built. It was a gradual thing for me personally because I had to take the little bit of extra time to try and make sure everyone has wages.

While it took me what feels like forever in the game because sometimes I would get caught up in side quests I completely forgot to go put money in the chest and my reputation started taking a hit, once I got the tavern and bakery up and running with some hives I started to feel like the profit I was getting was worth it.

I am glad they released this DLC. Gameplay wise, I wish my armorsmith had a grindstone so I can repair my own weapons and I know for future reference NOT to support Ota in Sasau, it has been a stressfully fun ride trying to pay my way into a future fortune.

Having a full on village now feels worth it because I struggled to keep it running.

2 Likes

I feel you. I actually started FTA on an end-game save, but unlike most players, I wasn’t sitting on 150K+ groschen —I had 22K. It was so rewarding to have to earn money through the village, and I loved watching the village slowly take its new form. I think this is the way it’s meant to be played.

Also, they’re going to add a grindstone in the next patch, even if you have an armorsmith, so don’t fret!

1 Like

Because he doesn’t generate much money? Or something else?

Been posted Ota does not generate as much coin as Zack and does not fix anything.
Did not fix in Sassau either.

He also doesn’t buy all types of goods

Not getting the 10 (income disparity). Ok, he doesn’t repair but he works and his product line is better. Zach sometimes is AWOL and loose with following the law of the land

Ota has some of the best stock, but he can’t repair anything despite being a master armorour and he only brings ten extra groshen.

He’s barely worth it.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. That’s what I thought. Asked because I don’t ‘get’ the design intent of the disparity other than to say Ota’s barely competent which doesn’t make sense

What to say, Rattay is still the best place to go. It has everything you need except for an alchemy tabel but is not something I use often.

What!? did you ever go behind the Potion seller shop? there IS one.

I never go behind shops. I always presumed those doors are closed. But I suppose this one is open. All the more proves my point. Rattay is the place to be. I only dislike that I cannot sleep in those inns.

where are you in the game. At one point after Pribyslavitz battle Hanush give you a small room at the lower castle with your stash box in it.
Also at the Inn/tavern up from the north gate you can buy a Perma bed.

2 Likes

I have 138 hours in this game and beat it twice. I do of course know of the Hanush room, but I feel it is too far of a walk. I did not ever go to the North inn as they all have the same story in a town, I guess I should go there. Thank you.

I like the room to manage inventory… hunt, put stuff in chest, take out and sell or repair, put back in.

Have full sets of armor for axemen, pikemen, archers, long swordsmen, short swordsmen… now just need mechanism to equip the NPCs and ready them for Pribyslavitz battles

2 Likes

I think it’s to show Zach is right that he’s old and his best years are behind him. Some random citizens in Sasau also comment to each other he’s not what he used to be.

I sided with Ota because I felt Zach unnecessarily escalated the conflict because of injured pride

Not building everything if u can because the dlc gets too short is bad dlc design

2 Likes

I stored 130 heavy axes for precisely this reason (all stolen in one go from Rattay!).

But have now sold them as I’ve given up on WH actually enabling you to do something like that.

Sad. To me, that’s what many (most?) medieval gamers want… to arm their own guys and battle another group.

Need to stay open minded but Capon love life isn’t high on my interest list. And we already have combat arena and tournament won’t have jousting so not having to restrain my enthusiasm for that one…