From the ashes is boring and way too short

Or as a consumable resource needed to keep a travel lantern lit…

That too. Just something!

And here’s where I struggle a little with WH’s appproach… these don’t appear to be conceptually and technically difficult to implement (as mounted units appear to be), and yet they remain gaps in the game even though they’d add a lot

Nay, French alter candle from the trader…

Something about these words made me think of Sonic Animations’ Orchid album: Theopolis Thistler.

It is worth a listen!

Who? “whatcha you talking bout Wilson?”

Have to agree. 10 pounds for this boring monstrosity is really taking the piss warhorse. Especially when the original game is bugged to fuck and now you’ve introduced a load of new bugs :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Making money in KDC is easy, you get around 2k - 8K each time you get attacked by bandits if you loot all the gear.

Instead of making a mediocre and expensive DLC for spending the huge amount of grochen, which will result in earning more money at the end from the village buildings, why not fix the unbalanced economy in KCD instead? It’s being 5 months already Warhorse, you can’t say that you didn’t have time/resources to fix it when you had the time to make an extremely shallow DLC(10€???) for earning easy cash through hype and lack of information.

I’d say It’s a bit up to the players themsleves in how much enjoyment one gets from dlc like this.
Its a slow burn village building quest. Not the kind one (kinda obviously) get the most out of with a filthy rich end game save.
I have a save like that (200k+ groschens) but I decided to play a whole new game with the recently aded hardcore feature instead and this added village element was quite welcome.
getting rich in the game is not that hard and the “economy” of the player vs the world is not really that realistic but the game is still better at it than most other rpg games.

2 Likes

I think the intention was to give players the opportunity to spend all the money they accumulated. Secondly, to give RP’ers some enjoyable content. Perhaps the majority of KCD are RP’ers

I think the missed the mark on that one! Why do I hafta dump a play 1/2 way thru just to do “do it their way” and throw away all the coins and play gained from tens of hours of play time.
?

No way would it allow me to spend all. In hardcore, I’m even now with Pribyslavitz :+1:. Every game day hereafter, I’m making profit :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face: … +2k profit every single game day.

Yeah, there’s enjoyable content. But, it isn’t home. And now, it’s more a certificate of deposit that rolls over every day than a financial mgmt system

2 Likes

Not gonna lie. Would love to have a sandbox as mentioned in the Kickstarter video, but I could do with much less. I figure without changes to ashes and core game I’m going to cut down heavily on my play after ~200hrs.

DLCs (amorous, tournament, bastards, woman) will be welcomed exceptions. Hopeful, but not sure if they’ll add transformational mechanics that could add near limitless hours. Transformational mechanics for me would be:

Home mechanics
—tailor, cobbler, bathhouse functionality in Pribyslavitz (via servant NPC or whatever)
—limited decoration functionality (weapon-armor rack; shelving for books, goblets; hide displays)

Bailiff/town mechanics
—guard command in Pribyslavitz [equip squad (~10 NPCs), repeating battles with squad (attack camps or meet at battle spawn points/defend town)]
—tavern and hamlet life (multi-NPC minigames; more dialog and activities with citizen NPCs)

Combat mechanics
—roaming bands of bandits and Cuman
—a different way to engage in group combat
—mounted units

1 Like

Hey all - Sickening, Lying Fan Boi here…
I am about 2 hours into FtA, and I must say that I am enjoying it very much.
Of course, I’m not a millenial gamer completionist speed freak… Far from it.
I enjoy building something, then taking the time to look around and appreciate the scenery, talk to the villagers, stop in the Trader’s shop and buy an apple or two.
Just bought charcoal from Sasau, from NPCs I’ve never spoken to previously (linen? pies?), and am about to go off to buy stone for more improvements and building.
FtA was very well worth my ten bucks.

Anyone else get a chuckle out of the line item “Overpaid Locator” in the Pribyslavitz Ledger?
Love the little touches, WarHorse Studios. Keep up the good work!

You’re boring and short.

1 Like

If you have high enough charisma, you can get Underpaid Locator :joy:

1 Like

I suppose my Henry is still a bit “rough around the edges” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

OK - anyone else have the Priby guard standing in the corner in the communal “bedroom” in the Rathaus, like he’s about to be a victim of The Blair Witch???

Well, I may be boring, but “I’m 6 foot 5, and I’ll do anything I bloody well want!”

100 groschen to anyone who gets the reference…

1 Like