Game needs difficulty settings

The game needs hands not from asshole.

I’m sorry to say that, but I supported the idea - but definitely not a game like this. All the problems from the early phase of the development (“beta”) are still here, unfortunately.

So I’m stuck in the Skalitz, with no lockpicks left and badly beaten few times. My options? Why just I cannot play in “no challenge, just enjoying the view” difficulty level?

1 Like

Because thats now how the game was designed?

1 Like

…And that’s exactly why I prefer games, where I design my game experience.

3 Likes

You are of course completely free to do that :slight_smile: But this game is not made that way.

EDIT: I for one dont like such games. I like predetermined challenge, which I need to overcome.

If I determine my own challenge, knowing I can lower it if I need, it just doesn´t really cut it for me. Thats why I like it this way more, even though I understand your point of view. But lets be honest, there is much more games for you then for me in this case

This game has frustrated me more than any game so far. But still, I like it. I understand that you cannot compare it to Skyrim og Dragon Age where you can hack’n slash from the beginning.
This isn’t one of those games, and hopefully it will never be!

Henry needs to learn his skills, as do we as players. He don’t know how to block properly or to faint a strike during combat early in the game. He needs to learn this later on.

I’m suspecting this game is a “locked sandbox” in the beginning, and will turn into a “open sandbox” at some point in the main story, simply because Henry isn’t equipped enough to survive, with gear nor skills.

But lockpicking and pickpocketing. Jesus Christ. The pickpocketing was somewhat possible to overcome, but the lockpicking was way to hard. It’s a gamekiller. That needs to be adjusted ALOT.

Yeah. still I’ll give it a try. But it’s hard to love a game where you do the lockpicking (4th try was succesfull), take the tools, and… nothing happens. No quest update, with your comrades still standing outside Kunes’s barn, chickens missing and reappearing in your sight, characters saying the same two predesigned sentence when passing by…

Someone should take Vavra’s list of 100 weird things of Skyrim and update them accordingly… just for fun :smile:

1 Like

The Bugs are there and they are absolutly killing the Immersion and can be really frustrating. But the Core Mechanics like the free savesystem with Items or the Combatsystem works just fine. No Need for Options on the difficulty Level. The only Thing i can imagine or understand is a Special Game mode where you can Save every time you want. When you have Kids, Work to do , Job etc. it can be really hard to enjoy this Game

1 Like

I know you’ve said lock picking / pick-pocketing but could you expand on what you think is too difficult, feels unnatural or not fun?

How long have you played, whats your main level and your levels in the skills you’re trying to use/perform?

Hopefully Warhorse or Mods will provide the gameplay changes you’re looking for :slightly_smiling_face: Alternatively you could try for a refund?

Personally I would rather Warhorse focused on ironing out bugs, etc. to make the game even better for those happy with what they’ve been given before addressing entire gameplay overhauls in separate modes.

I understand choice is nice, player flexibility, options and all that but at some point a line needs to be drawn. The game has been made to be a certain way and if that’s not to your taste then refund / don’t play it and learn from the experience so you’re better prepared next time. That whole process is why I’ve started reviewing games to help people be informed and make more informed decisions.

Played 16 hours. Level I should need to look up, but think the strenght and stuff was around level 6 (remember I could not use a bow with level 7…).

The refund thing. I tend to be a dramaqueen with these things. Just like to
exaggerate to give it some more colour…
So first some good things; I like the way the game looks. The story and characters are excellent. The world feels beautiful and real.
The bad things are 1) the fighting and 2) overrealistic small shite.

1. The fighting is stupid, especially the swordfighting. I play with mouse and keyboard and it is just impossible to really choose one of those tiny arrows ánd at the same time keep an eye on from witch angle your opponent will hit you. It really made me laugh when I noticed that there could be done certain combo’s by doing the right order of those arrows. Even with a shield I get a beaten every time I end up in a swordfight. Again, massive fan of realism and love how in Arma one bullet can kill you. But even that is not in this game; my only change of killing a man in the KCD with sword is sneaking up. I did this with a poor fellow that was sleeping and had to slash the poor bastard like five times before he died. I mean, hitting a sleeping man five times with a sword (wich is a killing instrument by design) is realistic? And the feeling of unrealistic is for this fighting. The movement feels clumsy and makes me feel playing Mortal Combat again as a six year old (hitting all the buttons, hit all those buttons as hard as you can!). The impact of a hit just misses that satisfaction. Was it a hit, a block? Even when I’m the one that gets hit, I’m not sure if he hit me good or if I blocked it. And when they suprise me from behind, the first thing I think is that I trembled over something. Not realism.
    The bow, the bow give me some change, but not much. At least I can flee the scene when shooting from my horse (again, I think shooting in real life is not easy, but shooting from a horse for a silly smithy-boy with no experience is realistic?). Takes me ages to kill a man with arrows (because I can’t hit), but miraculous I killed three guys almost instantly when saving Hans after the hunting in the woods. So I believe they already have a certain difficulty setting build in.

2. The lock picking and pickpocketing is so hard for me to do, I skipped this straight away and find another way to get what I want. So can not say much about it (wich should not be needed). Sharpening your sword, making a potion, etc. It all takes a effort doing it, while it is no fun doing it. It just takes up time. Why? Trying to be realistic? People that seek realism in a game, look for it at certain aspects. Not in everything (we got real life for that). They did not let us suffer all that time Henry was in bed after that big man in black leather gave him a blow (just sounds funny this way)?

So I think it would be more fun for a lot of people if there where difficulty settings for this, without spoiling the fun for those who like it the way it is now.

2 Likes

Are you trolling? If you’re seriously this incompetent I doubt you’d even be able to figure how to play call of duty.

3 Likes

Suddenly my ps 4 game difficulty increased :frowning: pc version not open yet (loaded but notopen by steam)

I have to respectfully disagree with you. I learned from my years of playing Dark Souls that part of the fun and experience of games like these is the challenge. Having a setting where you can toggle the difficulty would detract from the gaming experience.

2 Likes

I tried to fight the guy chasing you in Skalitz, he parried my strike and slashed me down. I think it makes sense considering Henry is obviously terrible with a sword at this point.

3 Likes

I like the difficulty how it is at the moment, but it is always nice to at least have the option to make it easier if you really need to.

You’re not the smartest person around, are you?
Do you realise that it is possible that you just don’t understand my posts and therefor yours is quite dumb?
What are you, a seventeen year old kid that is “very serious” about gaming and people should follow your lead?
Silly boy…

1 Like

My rseponse to this topic is Wahhh! XYZ is too hard!

Basically, it makes sense from a lore perspective why the game is so hard (Henry is not an expert fighter, he literally just learned the night before the game starts), but also, from a gameplay perspective, its not a movie, skills take time to acquire and by making it challenging, its all the more gratifying when you finally get it.

If you really just want to enjoy the story and don’t want a challenge, you could always watch a Lets Play, I guess. (I know I know, not quite the same) Still, the games only been “released” for 2 days, practice takes a bit of time.

3 Likes

Well, you’re supposed to learn the basics from combats with train, train and train.
You can not defend yourself until you LEARN those basics and unlock new combos and stuff.

Improve your stats (str, agi, vita) training with Cpt. Bernard, then buy a stronger weapon, then step by step mate, this game you have to take it slow.

3 Likes

I don’t think the majority have the same patience as you do.

If one person says this game sucks because of the slow and tedious combat system, the word will get around and perhaps cause other people to not buy the game. WH needs to at least address this problem. I dislike the combat system in its current state. It’s too damn slow and difficult. There’s potential to make it fun but it definitely is not right now.

The absence of difficulty levels is puzzling…

3 Likes

Well, it seemed also difficult to me on the first 5-10h.
Right now I can easier handle a fight with more than 2 people, which I thought would be impossible yesterday p.e.
Just keep practicing until you get the combat system, I think challenges make more interesting the game, and not just spamming buttons and killing mobs in groups of 10 with no difficulty, like most of the rpgs atm.

1 Like